Metal Storm logo
Belphegor vs Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 21.02.2007 - 06:33
There seems to be an ongoing battle of Belphegor VS Behemoth, I believe there was a thread for it in the previous metal storm forums, so here goes. Also hopefully this will stop people from coming into my Belphegor thread saying "These guys are awesome, but Behemoth is better".

If I didnt have my voting ban still in effect Id definitly vote for Belphegor. I find the growls are alot less sloppy.

Poll

Which band is the superior blackened death metal band?

Behemoth
Belphegor

Total votes: 212
27.02.2007 - 23:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 24.02.2007 at 02:33

Behemoth is very good but most people (that I know) seem to only care about Nergal, which isnt a good thing.

Really? I always thought that Inferno drew a lot of attention from fans. Hell, he's even winning in my best drummer poll.
02.03.2007 - 00:56
Skalden
Account deleted
inferno is a brilliant drummer! end of story
19.03.2007 - 10:04
Helimoth
Account deleted
Behemoth is a bit more dark...but they aren't really that talented in my opinion, as much as I love them. Belphegor sounds a lot better, and Helmuth has a much better voice than Nergal.
20.03.2007 - 02:00
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
Behemoth HANDS FUCKING DOWN! \m/

I'm seeing my alltime fav band live in April!!!!
20.03.2007 - 12:04
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Hmmm tough but I'll go with Belphegor on this one although I think Behemoth's earlier stuff was just amazing. Belphegor for me!!
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
20.03.2007 - 12:56
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I've chosen Behemoth simply because I have listened to Behemoth more.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
21.03.2007 - 03:45
ASiema113

While I've listened to Behemoth for a longer period then Belphegor the first and so far the best album that I've heard would have to be Necrodaemon Terrorsathan.

I've listened to Lucifer Incestus and although it's growing on me I feel that nothing can surpass N.T. and as far as Behemoth goes I feel that they keep getting better and better but they have a overlapping quality of death metal to them. This is not a bad thing, but for me a equally distributed amount of Black and Death Metal appeals to me, maybe even more Black then Death. That's what N.T. is to me, the riffs are solid & cold while their solo's cut like a knife and rip out your lungs, this album is probably the closest thing to perfection in a Black/Death Metal band in my opinion.

But both bands are good and I will continue to explore their music libraries.

Hails

Old Belphegor -

New Behemoth -
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
21.03.2007 - 03:49
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I vote for Behemoth. I like the atmosphere of their music more and the vocals of Behemoth are so demonic and brutal. As of late, they have turned into more of a death band than a black, but I welcome that, because I believe they sound much better like this. I guess I never really got into Belphegor too much. I don't know why, but the music just doesn't appeal to me.
21.03.2007 - 08:49
visceraltorture
Account deleted
Inferno freaking kicks ass man!!!!!
BEHEMOTH kicks ass man!!!!!!!

enough said!
24.03.2007 - 10:34
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Which band is the superior blackened death metal band?

IMO Belphegor is much better , if you talk about Blackened death thing. Behemoth is different , they use to play black metal .... plain black metal then they moved to blackened death and now they are brutal death ( last album demigod ) .Behemoth is brilliant because they were great in all the phases. I like Satanica , Grom and Demigod. Amazing musician they are .Where Belphegor is a classic blackened death metal and i doubt any other band gonna beat them in this sub-genre. So personally i enjoy behemoth more then Belphegor but as far as the question goes that which band is superior blackened death then i'll say that Belphegor is the BEST.

Well i voted for Behemoth
24.03.2007 - 16:48
Stuff1056
Account deleted
I like them equally for the most part, but Behemoth is better live in my opinion so I voted for them.
24.03.2007 - 18:14
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Guest on 24.03.2007 at 16:48

I like them equally for the most part, but Behemoth is better live in my opinion so I voted for them.

Oh come on , Enslaved live is better then Darkthrone .... so
02.07.2007 - 16:20
Sacred Viking

Behemoth more better than Belphegor
03.07.2007 - 00:50
Abattoir

I prefer Behemoth's blackened metal more than Belphegor's ...drumms sounds great, growls also very good ...for polish masters
06.07.2007 - 01:47
Satans_Slave_666
Account deleted
...i listen to both bands...but behemoth has so much greater music...so behemoth for me...
06.07.2007 - 09:02
Bhavok

i voted for behemoth.. just can say they're fucking demons.. and they're also really talented.. inferno is an excelent drummer, nergal really knows hoy to sing, and orion is cool, hahaha.... they all work really hard on what they do (not saying belphegor doesent... but i like more behemoth's final work) and it is something i admire
17.07.2007 - 02:08
Helmuthfrost

Inferno is the Devil in person... he born for behemoth.
17.07.2007 - 17:49
Infurnace

Belphegor all the way, allthough i'm into Behemoth as well. After i've seen Belphegor live, they now are one of my all time favorite Black Metal bands.
21.07.2007 - 18:32
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I suppose Belphegor gets the title for the better blackened death metal band since Behemoth have turned more to death metal. But if i was to chose whos the better band, id go for Behemoth, theyre so goddamn awesome, and Inferno dominates on drums
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
06.02.2008 - 20:50
Obi
Account deleted
i like belphegor more, because i like black metal more than death metal and there is more black metal in belphegor. they make the perfect mix of death and black metal and i like it far better than just some (brutal) death which gets annoying after heraring a few time...
18.02.2008 - 21:17
Imraghil

Behemoth fucking rules in this poll, and they deserve it! It's a very good band!
26.02.2008 - 07:22
NOИ

again, Behemoth are the winners. they deserve much respect for their albums than Belphegor. I personally find them a death metal version of Marduk and nothing more.
29.02.2008 - 18:34
Abnormal-Human
Account deleted
That's a no-brainer! Behemoth is a way better band than Belphegor. A tour de force which will leave you astonished at their technical supremacy. I dig Belphegor, but there's just no comparison. Amazing acoustic guitars, insane solos, perfect drumming. No way in hell Belphegor can catch up. Inferno and Nergal are metal gods. Plain and simple.
29.02.2008 - 23:05
Rituale_Satanum

I personaly like only the old Behemoth albums...they still are a great band for me...respect to them.but still my favourite would be Belphegor
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
01.03.2008 - 02:39
ß
Problem?
Both excellent bands but Behemoth for me.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
01.03.2008 - 02:48
Daniel

I voted for Behemoth. I just find them more original than Belphegor
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
21.07.2008 - 23:20
Tamara
Account deleted
In a battle Behemoth/Gorgoroth, I voted for Behemoth.
But why almost always in stories Behemoth/Belphegor, Behemoth wins?
Belphegor is not forgotten!
22.07.2008 - 18:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 21.07.2008 at 23:20

In a battle Behemoth/Gorgoroth, I voted for Behemoth.
But why almost always in stories Behemoth/Belphegor, Behemoth wins?
Belphegor is not forgotten!

Because Behemoth has a far more accessible sound, that sounds strange to say that when referring to black/death bands, but in comparison to one another, I find Behemoth is slightly more melodic with more catchy sounding songs (at least the newer stuff that Ive listened to, havn't dug into their older stuff yet.)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.01.2009 - 16:53
eleniShadow

I cant decide. But belphegor is one of my top favourite bands so i would say::
BELPHEGOR!!! BELPHEGOR!!!!
Still behemoth are really good but BELPHEGORRRRR!!
----
Hellenic Black Metal Legions
http://www.myspace.com/elenishadow
30.03.2009 - 17:18
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
They are both two excellent bands, I've seen them live (two times for Behemoth, and once for Belphegor), they are amazing! I want to see Belphegor another time ( Nile was the main part of the gig, Belphegor much impressed me than Nile...!). They were really sympathetic! The drums in the two bands are also great! So impressive. I love them!