Metal Storm logo
Helloween - New Album First Details Unveiled

Today is a big day for German power metal legends Helloween as they have revealed the first details about their new album. With the release of their 15th studio album due on May 29th, the pumpkin heads release My God-Given Right 30 years after their first self-titled EP. Check out the snowy cover artwork below! How excited are you for the follow-up to Straight Out Of Hell?

My God-Given Right was recorded between October 2014 and February 2015 at the band's very own MiSueno Studio in Tenerife, with long term producer Charlie Bauerfeind ( Blind Guardian, HammerFall) handling production and recording duties. The artwork was once again created by graphic guru Martin Häusler (Bon Jovi, Queen, Gotthard) and will also be available as a 3D Lenticular print.

You can pre-order it exclusively via Nuclear Blast here.

Martin Häusler comments on his recent creation: "We tried to built a world of ideas, keeping the 'classical Helloween' elements, like the pumpkins on the one hand and a complete new look on the other, just like we did it the years before, working on a Helloween artwork. A first inspiration came from the album title My God-Given Right and some of the song titles like 'Swing Of A Fallen World', 'Lost In America', 'Battle's Won' etc. During my research I stumbled upon the Blockbuster Day After Tomorrow and the idea of just leaving the world to the 'pumpkins' was born. The most challenging part of this artwork was to have both, the Limited Edition and the 11" Earbook provided with a 3D-Lenticular-cover (a full 3D cover, visible without 3D glasses). That's the reason the entire artwork was done 'in one piece', using a 3D program... we did not want one of those 'cheap Lenticular-covers, done by converting a 2d-version', but the best possible real 3D result: So don't get any other versions - this will be a true collector's item!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 26.02.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 172 users
26.02.2015 - 17:17
Metal Invader

Well i didnt like the last artwork much but i like this one and album title!!
Hope that music is great that is important part
26.02.2015 - 18:22
The Evergreen

The last album was good, but I feel it lacked the spark that Gambling with the Devil or even Seven Sinners had. I hope this one is a bit more energetic. Can't wait for some tracks!
26.02.2015 - 18:40
sharkruisher

Those soldiers looks like Bionicle figures lol.

other than that, cool cover. Can't wait for the album to be released
----
I have been called many names, and they are all true

Metalhead, long haired bastard, (former) reviewer, Swede, semi-handsome, dingus
26.02.2015 - 19:50
mandrake88
Account deleted
They seem to put the accent on the art work, as the shinne cover defines the music quality nice details indeed, but i wish the music was good not the art!!
26.02.2015 - 19:56
Troutface Killah

It's decent.. Although the album covers and titles are not what I love about Helloween.

There is a video on their website of Weikath and Gerstner playing riffs from the new album, and in my opinion they aren't just good, they're amazing. I just hope the lyrics are a little better than Straight Out of Hell.
26.02.2015 - 20:22
Metal Invader

Written by Troutface Killah on 26.02.2015 at 19:56

It's decent.. Although the album covers and titles are not what I love about Helloween.

There is a video on their website of Weikath and Gerstner playing riffs from the new album, and in my opinion they aren't just good, they're amazing. I just hope the lyrics are a little better than Straight Out of Hell.

On their facebook page you can see another video with Weikath and i think a new tune from new album in background..and i agree it sounds great!
Also hope it will be better than SOoH as i hope for every Helloween album
26.02.2015 - 20:22
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Better than Raw has the best album artwork from the Helloween discography. I own a physical copy partially because of the cover =P

this new one is... really meh. Anyway, let's see how's the music when it's out
----
loves 小巫
26.02.2015 - 21:35
Andreas

It could be good, if Sascha Gerstner doesn't write any lyrics... 2 out of 3 of the songs he writes lyrics for has the word "stupid" in it. No wonder he needed help for that for a long time. Who is Mr. Madman was good though.
26.02.2015 - 21:42
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

I wish the art would stop looking so darn digital. Still, the art for Straight Out of Hell is going hard to beat for worst Helloween art.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
27.02.2015 - 00:31
Necrodamus

Any day is a good day with Helloween news, especially with a new album on the way. Bring it on!
27.02.2015 - 18:28
bblitz

My hopes for this band all abandoned long time ago...
Sasha Gerstner should change his image first,he looks like
he escaped from some teeny vampire TV show...
01.03.2015 - 17:53
Troutface Killah

Written by Metal Invader on 26.02.2015 at 20:22

Written by Troutface Killah on 26.02.2015 at 19:56

On their facebook page you can see another video with Weikath and i think a new tune from new album in background..and i agree it sounds great!
Also hope it will be better than SOoH as i hope for every Helloween album

Oh cool thanks for the heads up man! I heard it and that does sound great.

Hits total: 2692 | This month: 2