Twistex - synthesizers, bass, programming, low bass
Atle Pakusch Gundersen - gong

Additional info
Produced by MK.

Staff review by
corrupt
Rating:
N/A
Imagine you are returning to a familiar place after a long period away.

Read more ››
published 22.12.2015 | Comments (14)

Found in 42 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 75   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1091 users
26.02.2015 - 18:22
Fearmeister
Account deleted
/dances
26.02.2015 - 18:26
Rating: 6
Ilham
Giant robot
Wow.
26.02.2015 - 18:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
It's about fuckin' time!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

26.02.2015 - 18:34
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 26.02.2015 at 18:22

/dances

When you add or edit anything in the Db, please, for the love of any deity, include the damn source. You may not have that annoying little source field to fill in anymore but you still need to paste it into the Comments field.
----

26.02.2015 - 18:44
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 26.02.2015 at 18:34

Written by Guest on 26.02.2015 at 18:22

/dances

When you add or edit anything in the Db, please, for the love of any deity, include the damn source. You may not have that annoying little source field to fill in anymore but you still need to paste it into the Comments field.

http://en.prophecy.de/arcturus-arcturian.html

Better?
26.02.2015 - 18:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Oh my..this will be the most anticipated release of '15.

Just wait for new track to drop and see the reactions.
26.02.2015 - 19:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 26.02.2015 at 18:44

http://en.prophecy.de/arcturus-arcturian.html

Better?

Don't give me a reason to start hawking your edits looking for a reason to remove your earned permissions. You can ask Cynic how annoying it is to lose those perms over something so silly.
----

26.02.2015 - 19:38
Zap
Written by psykometal on 26.02.2015 at 18:34

That should be clearly stated somewhere, I didn't know that either.
26.02.2015 - 20:45
Frudd
Account deleted
Yaaaaaaaay
27.02.2015 - 01:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Zap on 26.02.2015 at 19:38

That should be clearly stated somewhere, I didn't know that either.

I'd have thought it was common sense since it's standard practice on any database website. And I actually thought we added that one somewhere before but alas I couldn't find it, so touché to the technicality and thank you for revealing this flaw to me. It shall be rectified asap.
----

28.02.2015 - 18:42
Rating: 9
Arcesse Eum

...giddiness engaged.
----
As above, so below.
13.03.2015 - 02:03
elekctric

I am certain it will be amazing after such a long wait ... But......????
27.04.2015 - 17:37
Hazelnut Nero

So their new opws is available for you to hear and what can i say.... it is amazing !! Time will tell though but i have allready heard it once and it rocks . I don't want to reveal anything else . Let the travel begin !
27.04.2015 - 19:33
Zhao
The Arkaholic
I was on the fence after The Arcturian Sign but the previews of the other songs sounds amazing.
28.04.2015 - 06:32
Rating: 8
Nicko's Nose

I've only listened to it once and I can already say it's better than Sideshow Symphonies.
28.04.2015 - 07:50
Hazelnut Nero

I definetely think this is beter than sideshow symphonies .
28.04.2015 - 13:11
Joe Zombie

What a fantastic album! Every track here is great. This will make a lot of end-of-year lists for sure. My only minor gripe being with the production. Favorite tracks: Crashland, Game Over, Demon, Pale.
29.04.2015 - 02:06
Fearmeister
Account deleted
So yea, this is really really fucking good.
29.04.2015 - 04:34
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I'm surprised with how much I enjoy this album. Sideshow Symphonies was a complete dud to me and La Masquerade Infernale has never interested me at all. In fact, the only Arcturus album that has consistently been enjoyable to me is The Sham Mirrors, but this thing is just so damn good. The strings accent the more traditional "metal" instrumentation amazingly, and the vocal delivery is phenomenal while being amusingly quirky at times. I have a feeling this will be my go-to "fun" album for the coming weeks, and potentially the rest of the year if it holds up through repeated listens.
29.04.2015 - 05:02
Rating: 7
Diverge

Wow, lots of hype on this one. I really enjoyed Sideshow Symphonies and La Masquerade Infernale (those are my two favourites if I had to be honest), but if this one is even better, I'll have to get on this ASAP.
29.04.2015 - 05:31
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Another stunning performance from ICS Vortex, perhaps the most talented vocalist in metal today. I still can't believe I did not know it was him in this group. For shame. Anyways, splendid use of classical and electronic elements that never becomes cliché or overdone. The rare comeback album that delivers on its promise of a "magnum opus." I may not be a long-time fan, but I think that only further shows the power of this album. Like others, this clicked pretty instantly whereas repeat listens of fan-favorites have done little for me. There are some issues with the mix feeling a bit flat when the guitar distortion takes prominence, but the songwriting makes up for it. *Enjoyability=8.7 Musicianship=8.9 Innovation=9.3 Overall=9.1* Full review HERE

----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
29.04.2015 - 09:47
Zap
I don't see the fuss, I guess when it's better than Sideshow Symphonies, people get way more excited than they should.
29.04.2015 - 13:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zap on 29.04.2015 at 09:47

I don't see the fuss, I guess when it's better than Sideshow Symphonies, people get way more excited than they should.

My thoughts exactly.

Sideshow Symphonies was Arcturus' worst album by far and it wouldn't take much to be better than that album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.04.2015 - 17:17
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick

The fuss for me personally is that I simply don't enjoy Arcturus (aside from The Sham Mirrors which still only gets a 7 from me) and then this album just fucking clicked instantly. I've gone through it three times so far and it has only gotten better with further exposure, and personally I would call it Arcturus' finest album. I really doubt anyone shares my opinion, but at any rate, that's the "fuss" for me.
29.04.2015 - 18:38
Zap
Well, apparently you're not the only one after all. I was never a huuuge Arcturus fan and I try to judge this not just as an Arcturus release, but both ways it's quite average to me.
29.04.2015 - 20:13
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Guest on 29.04.2015 at 17:19

Written by Alex F on 29.04.2015 at 17:17

The fuss for me personally is that I simply don't enjoy Arcturus (aside from The Sham Mirrors which still only gets a 7 from me) and then this album just fucking clicked instantly. I've gone through it three times so far and it has only gotten better with further exposure, and personally I would call it Arcturus' finest album. I really doubt anyone shares my opinion, but at any rate, that's the "fuss" for me.

+1

+2
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
29.04.2015 - 20:33
Rating: 6
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Alex F on 29.04.2015 at 17:17

Wow, and I haven't been into Arcturus as well, yet everybody keeps getting the same opinion, I think I'm gonna check this one then
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.04.2015 - 21:22
Rating: 7
Diverge

It's too early for me to say where I think it ranks relative to Arcturus' prior accomplishments, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. My highlight is definitely Warp.
30.04.2015 - 02:14
Fearmeister
Account deleted

I haven't even listened to Sideshow Symphonies and I love this album. Seriously haven't listened to anything else since I got this.
30.04.2015 - 02:59
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.04.2015 at 13:18

My thoughts exactly.

Sideshow Symphonies was Arcturus' worst album by far and it wouldn't take much to be better than that album.

Not a fan of ICS or something else? I've heard complaints that it sounds too much like Dimmu.

Hits total: 22362 | This month: 18