03. First Winds Of The End Of Time
04. Holy Hell
05. Lion Of Judah
06. I'm A Warrior
07. I'll Be Waiting For You
08. When Darkness Reigns
09. The Revelation
10. Move On

Holy Hell is the 3rd "solo" album of Rob Rock. Some of you, I'm sure, already know him with Impellitteri or Avantasia, Tobias Sammet's project. Rob is one of the best vocalists of the Heavy Metal scene with a really nice and impressive "old school" voice. Believe me if you don't know him, this point deserve all your attention in my opinion. If you like Heavy Metal, believe me that you'll have to check this album.

This album is a classic Power Metal album actually, with terrific guitars solos good melodies classic choruses; you know all the ingredients that you need in a good Power Metal Recipe. That's really conventional, I agree on this point but well at least that's well done and yes, the voice of Mr Rob Rock gives a lot to the music of the album. I mean that without him, this album should just be a classic Heavy Metal album nothing more but Rob Rock's performance is one more time impressive and you'll see that the result is here.

Musically however don't expect something really innovating, that's classic Power nothing more but at least and that's a good thing for me, it doesn't sound like the numerous bands that we can find everyday. Not a lot of keyboards everywhere for example and above all it sounds like all these bands of the early 90's, that's the Power Metal of the "old" generation and it's really oriented toward the German scene and bands like Helloween.

The production is also really good. The partnership between Rob Rock and Roy Z is, as always, really good and the album doesn't suffer of the comparison with the release of the best band of the scene. That's the classic "German" production a must.

This album is a nice release by Mr Rob Rock and I will recommend it to all the ones who want some good classic Power Metal. Rob is a great singer and he found one more time some great musicians who released an interesting album. That's not a revolution however but in the category that's a good release for the fans of the style. Power Metal fans that's for you?

Written by Jeff | 22.04.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 37 users
21.02.2007 - 09:08
lenesu

Isn't he the one that changed metallica on their black album? If so he'll have an "one" from me.
17.06.2009 - 20:38
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by lenesu on 21.02.2007 at 09:08

Isn't he the one that changed metallica on their black album? If so he'll have an "one" from me.

No, that was Bob Rock. this is Rob Rock. Two different people.
----
(space for rent)

Hits total: 4106 | This month: 21