Metal Storm logo
Best Nokturnal Mortum Song?

Poll

What is your fav. Nokturnal Mortum song?

Kolyada
Perun's Celestial Silver
Black Raven
Other
Veles' Scrolls
Night Before The Fight
Hailed Be the Heroes
Lunar Poetry
On The Moonlight Path

Total votes: 13
21.02.2007 - 16:34
Basso
Account deleted
Ok, So I was sitting around wondering what song is really my fav. song by Nokturnal Mortum? I didnt have a clue since there are so many good.

I know that the list I have above only supports 9 alternatives so if it isnt on there please explain your "Other" choise in your post.

Well after some quite heavy thinking I will have to vote for Perun's Celestial Silver. Since no matter if I hear the Lunar Poetry version or the NeChrist version I just cant sit still. It is so damn catchy and... Just brilliant in every way. So my final vote goes for Perun's Celestial Silver.

Honorable mentions not in the poll (for me) :Call of Aryan Spirit, Kyuaviya, My Journey To The Stars (Burzum Cover), In The Fire of Wooden Churches.
21.02.2007 - 21:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wont vote because this band write good songs, hmm maybe I can figure out postical song, but not song in traditional meaning, I love all songs of them so no voting
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2007 - 22:42
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Night Before The Fight, I love that song especially because of the vocal work... I actually would say that the first three tracks of NeChrist are my favourite by the band: The Funeral Wind Born In Oriana, The Night Before The Fight and Black Raven... unfortunately the album turns too messy since The Call Of The Aryan Spirit....
22.02.2007 - 01:24
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.02.2007 at 22:42

Night Before The Fight, I love that song especially because of the vocal work... I actually would say that the first three tracks of NeChrist are my favourite by the band: The Funeral Wind Born In Oriana, The Night Before The Fight and Black Raven... unfortunately the album turns too messy since The Call Of The Aryan Spirit....

A wise choise indeed. The riffing on NBTF is amazing and so damned catchy.... and I also agree about the vocals, he displays both the shreiky kind of vocals and kind of "Nattefrost" like vocals in it. Both very well done
22.02.2007 - 15:47
AntaeusM
Elite
Veles' Scrolls, obviously. The keyboards in this lengthy song are just perfection. I so like it how Knjaz Varggoth's vocals are flowing with the the keyboards, making it a symphonic black metal masterpiece For the other songs..well, I also really like their Death SS cover of Family Vault, and I basically like the entire Goat Horns album and Marble Moon mini-album.
22.03.2007 - 14:20
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I chose 'perun's celestial silver'.
I have listened only to the album 'lunar poetry' by the band, and within a short time I've become a huge fan of this band.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.03.2007 - 16:54
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Paganblood on 22.03.2007 at 14:20

I chose 'perun's celestial silver'.
I have listened only to the album 'lunar poetry' by the band, and within a short time I've become a huge fan of this band.

I urge you to check out all their albums which are amazing. Goathorns and NeChrist are the absolute highlights together with Lunar Poetry in my opinion
23.03.2007 - 12:30
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@Basso, yes, I'm quite eager to hear those, I'll probably try downloading them after my exams.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
23.03.2007 - 14:35
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I voted for Lunar Poetry , thats one hell of a kickass song .... top notch folk pagan IMO.
23.03.2007 - 15:02
Judas
The Amputator
My favourite album is 'Goat Horns', and 'Kolyada' is currently my favourite song from that. 'Kuyaviya' deserves a mention too, seeing as whenever 'Kolyada' isn't my favourite, 'Kuyaviya' is. Other songs from different albums that I like are 'Perun's Celestial Silver' from 'Lunar Poetry' and 'NeChrist', 'Carpathian Mysteries' from 'Lunar Poetry', and probably 'The Funeral Wind Born in Oriana' from 'NeChrist'. A really good band, whatever may be said about the ideologies.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
07.06.2009 - 00:41
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Judas on 23.03.2007 at 15:02

My favourite album is 'Goat Horns', and 'Kolyada' is currently my favourite song from that.

I voted for this one also. Since ''Autodafe (Barbarians dreams)'' from Lunar poetry is not an option, and I don't like simply vote in ''other''.
Kolyada is the best then
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/