Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Nergal Working On Solo Project

Behemoth's infamous frontman Nergal was recently interviewed by the New Times Broward Palm Beach and he had a few interesting things to share. While the Polish death metallers are currently touring in North America, Nergal has also been working on a "very stripped down and simple" solo project with acoustic-based stuff. The guitarist/vocalist also confirmed that he doesn't know when Behemoth will work on a new album or if that will happen at all.

About the possibility of The Satanist being the final statement for Behemoth, Nergal said: "Well, like anything, I think the future is good with thrills and... options. I'm not really counting on my future further than the touring cycle goes these days. That's really it. We're going to surprise people with some amazing projects in the coming months, but there's no new record in sight, to be honest. I don't know even when or where we'll start working on it - it's in the last position on my list of priorities."

When asked about a potential solo project, he answered: "I'm actually working on a project now, but I don't want to let much out about it yet. I'm always creating. I always do stuff on the side, and some of it's not suitable for Behemoth, and I've got some other projects that will eventually see the light of day. Or not. Nothing is for certain!"

He described it as: "Very stripped down and simple. The most primitive, acoustic-based stuff. That's what I'm really into."

Photo by Martin DarkSoul

Last month, the band released their biography Behemoth: Devil's Conquistadors to the masses and March 19th will also see the release of the English language translation of Confessions Of A Heretic, the autobiography of Adam "Nergal" Darski.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 05.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 150 users
05.03.2015 - 21:06
God Alone
The Satanist was released just a year ago and they've been really busy with touring; they're not supposed to think about a new album already. And I'm curious to hear Nergal on his own.
05.03.2015 - 21:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe it will be better, this band has no realized anything good snce Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic) and Grom days ---- US old school DM is better , Swe DM is better
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2015 - 22:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
"Some of it's not suitable for Behemoth"

Well that could be a real breath of fresh air then if that statement ends up holding any weight. I would like to think that on his own Nergal would drop some of the gimmicky Satanist bullshit and start to explore some sounds and visions outside of those he's established through Behemoth, but then again, I'm not gonna set expectations too high. I will probably be checking out what he does though.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.03.2015 - 00:17
Electes
Stripped down and acoustic? Oh how I wish Behemoth could tell their album producers to let up on the fake production values.
06.03.2015 - 07:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
His statements comes out to be very low and disappointing of Behemoth's Satanist and the future. His solo might add salt to the salty dish and it's very risky. Backlash awaiting.
06.03.2015 - 10:11
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
WHAT!!!!
Is this April?
06.03.2015 - 11:43
Gothmog_Motsham
Maybe he'll go completely nuts and start singing hipster-ish progressive rock in his new salon
06.03.2015 - 19:24
s_t_s
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 06.03.2015 at 11:43

Maybe he'll go completely nuts and start singing hipster-ish progressive rock in his new salon

Aren't you confusing Nergal with Anders of In Flames ? Cause that poor Anders already went completely nuts I'm afraid :/
07.03.2015 - 03:13
Gothmog_Motsham
Quote:
Aren't you confusing Nergal with Anders of In Flames ? Cause that poor Anders already went completely nuts I'm afraid :/

That guy is a lost case. Nergal, however just might be a bit different. We'll just have to wait and see what the hell he's got on his mind..

Hits total: 2330 | This month: 8