Metal Storm logo
Liturgy (US-NY) - Stream Entire New Album

The Brooklyn experimental black metallers Liturgy (US-NY) are about to release a new album called The Ark Work. The opus is set for a March 24th, 2015 street date via Thrill Jockey Records but you can already spin the entire The Ark Work right now at NPR. Go ahead and enjoy it!

Here is the album's description: "The album hums and churns with Hunt-Hendrix's inventive arrangements - drenched with glockenspiels, bagpipes, strings, ritual chanting, and MIDI horns. It supplements its metal energy with motifs from unlikely, disparate genres; cross-fertilizing hardstyle beats, occult-oriented rap, and the glitched re-sampling of IDM and with structures from Medieval sacred music, Romantic classical music, and minimalism. The result is a rich, seething cyber-fantasia that is improbably listenable, conveying the disarming, authentic emotion that is Liturgy (US-NY)'s hallmark - a blend of startling invention, high caliber musicianship, raw energy, and profound, cosmic sadness."

Tracklist:
01. Fanfare
02. Follow
03. Kel Valhaal
04. Follow II
05. Quetzalcoatl
06. Father Vorizen
07. Haelegen
08. Reign Array
09. Vitriol
10. Total War

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Liturgy
Posted: 18.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 42 users
18.03.2015 - 12:16
Wukk
I've never listened to Liturgy before, but I can't see something with that much experimentation containing "disarming, authentic emotion".
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
18.03.2015 - 14:17
roeder
Sounds like some pretentious, douchebag shit. However I liked their previous albums, so guess i will give it a listen.
18.03.2015 - 14:45
scaesura
Listened to one song. It was absolute shit, probably worse than their attempts at "black metal" was. Seriously, one of the worst things I've heard.
14.01.2016 - 15:05
Wukk
Now that I've heard the album, I'm laughing at my first comment quite a lot. Horrific.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator

Hits total: 1412 | This month: 10