02. Pulses Of Pleasure
03. Eclipse Of The Mind
04. Siren
05. Stairway To Insanity
06. Shot To Paradise
07. Venom
08. Blinded
09. Master Of Illusion

People who know a thing or two will have a considered opinion on the whole thrash/speed metal/old-school-in-general revival movement. There are those who see it as an image-centered, hero-worshiping kind of thing, and then there are those who don't, when it comes down to it, care if music is experimental or not and take songs at face value strictly.

More often than not?probably since I drink, and probably drink too much?I'm part of the latter group. Sometimes a good, sharp tune is simply a good, sharp tune, regardless of whether or not it was made futilely for the sake of reviving some lost, early 80s ethos or what have you.

Stylistically, these guys are doing things that have been done and were done countless years ago. Think Razor meets Vio-lence (maybe), meets Overkill and Agent Steel, just with zero innovation and no novelty-factor.

They're still exciting, though. There's a syrupy, surging, revitalizing aspect to what they do. It's like a bowl of oatmeal at its core (in that it's texturally BORING), but one with way more than enough sugar added to it. You'll enjoy it, even if you know it's bad for you.

Pulses Of Pleasure sounds like the name of some off-brand vibrator that constantly runs out of battery power, sure, and running out of battery power sucks. No one likes calling AAA or making a trip to a store for a pack of Duracells, or like those little watch battery pucks that make it hard to know which side's which, those are lame, or that flashing red battery bar on your laptop that reminds you you're going to die? If these guys were batteries though, they'd be the kind that never run out of juice. If anything, there's an excess of energy on this and, since we're talking about a speedy throwback thrash album, that's a good thing.

Written on 20.03.2015 by Wormdrink's real name is George and he's an American.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 104 users
20.03.2015 - 14:53
Rating: 6
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Nice little review. I'll check them out. Have yet to hear some good thrash in 2015
----
loves 小巫
24.03.2015 - 17:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band what started in days when old school was dead, and neo old school was born, and still plays like in 80's and kick ass
thanks to ms I found new kick ass band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.05.2015 - 14:22
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Four paragraphs that have nothing to do with the actual music on the disc, and then five and a half lines about the name of the album. How is this a review? And even worse, how is this an official staff review? It's extremely okay to write introductory lines about the type of style found on the album, but at least use SOME space in the article about the actual music. How are the vocals? Are the riffs great? How about the drums sound? We'll have to settle with looking at the score and draw our own conclusion. That's not how reviews work. A review is a subjective analysis of an entertainment release. So ease up on the "funny" analogies and actually comment on the album, please.
----
THRASH!!!

Hits total: 3436 | This month: 15