Metal Storm logo
Pelican - Update And Notes

Pelican has posted an update regarding current and forthcoming happenings regarding the band:

I"f you hadn't heard already, the new full-length, "City Of Echoes," will be hitting the streets on May 22nd. Check here for some more info on that. There's a very strong chance that LP and CD will come out at the same time. You can check out the title track here now, and we hope to post a larger version of the cover art soon.

As has become customary at this point, we'll be hitting the road in a big way. Confirmed live dates have been posted here for the months of March and April.

In March we kick off with a benefit for our really good friends in Sweet Cobra. It's on Sunday March 4th, at Chicago's Subteranean, with Sweet Cobra, Minsk and special guests. Consider coming to see a sweet bill and helping our friends fight the good fight with the corporate leeches at insurance companies.

We will then be heading down to Austin, Texas for the South By Southwest Festival to take part in the Hydra Head Records Showcase along with Jesu, Big Business, Daughters, Oxbow and Stephen Brodsky's Octave Museum. In addition, we've booked some dates on our way down there and on our way back home. These shows will include Russian Circles and Young Widows with Daughters hopping on for a few of them right before SXSW. Insound is sponsoring one show, and their site has a good summary of all our appearances and all the indie shows to see here.

In April we are heading over to Europe to play some festivals, including the Roadburn Festival, which according to their website is now sold out. also we have a short UK tour with our friends in These Arms Are Snakes. this tour is sponsored by the great people at Rock Sound magazine and Drowned In Sound.

We will also be taking part in the Primevera Sound Festival in Barcelona, Spain at the end of May. more info on this can be found here. Before this festival, we have two shows in Portugal. Details will be on this site, of course.

The rest of the summer we'll be on the road in some capacity, whether back in Europe for festivals, tearing up the U.S./Canada, or heading over to Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. So stay tuned."

Source: hydrahead.tortugarecordings.com
Band profile: Pelican
Posted: 21.02.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 0 users
22.02.2007 - 16:07
dancingdecember

im sure this album too will be great.but im soo lazy that i wont listen to the track i dont like sneak peeks anyway..
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
01.03.2007 - 04:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Wowo. Can't wait for it. It's gonna slam, as always with this band.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!

Hits total: 2270 | This month: 2