05. Black Burning Flame
06. Swallowing The Dark
07. Psychoracer
08. Lead A Wild Ride
09. By The Waves Of Stars
10. Black Meadow (Menace Of War)
11. Black Meadow

Good Old Heavy Metal, Finnish Style

Finnish scene is quite varied in terms of styles, you have a lot of releases coming from the land of the thousand lakes, is like everyone is born with a musical instrument up there, it must be a damn fine place to live, except for the cold weather (not everything can't be perfect).

Manitou are one of those Finnish bands trying to make it in the Metal scene, and for that endeavor they've released their sophomore effort, this time under the banner of Firebox records. The music they play is best defined as Heavy Metal, Finnish style, because they have that particular Suomi sound, crisp, rich and crystal clear guitar riffs paired with powerful vocal performance.

At times they remind me of their compatriots Agonizer, solid Heavy Metal, enriched with some keyboard work here and there, the choruses are catchy as hell, as the melodies that overflood the album. Just taste songs like "Waste, Damnation", "And The Silent bites" and the wonderful instrumental "Black Meadow (Menace Of War)" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

This release goes for everyone interested in Melodic Metal in general, if you like the traditional Suomi sound in your records, you might wanna pick this one up. Is maybe not the most original band, but they sure make catchy stuff.

Written by Undercraft | 28.04.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 8 users
22.02.2007 - 18:56
Ruun
Account deleted
i totally agree with that review. their riffs and the crystal clear sound are awesome. never heard such a sound in such a great quality from another band.
01.06.2007 - 16:57
destroyah
supercharger
Elite
Agree too.

But dammit, I should've checked for the review before writing my own...
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone

Hits total: 4570 | This month: 13