Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - In The Studio

Italians Rhapsody Of Fire have entered the studio to begin recording their next album which is expected to be out in early 2016. The symphonic power metallers released Dark Wings Of Steel almost two years ago and have been working on new material for their next offering. While there is still a long wait ahead, below you can watch drummer Alex Holzwarth at work recording drum parts at the Echoes Studios in Trieste for the new Rhapsody Of Fire studio album.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 30.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 97 users
30.03.2015 - 19:51
Ruchesko

How long before Fabio Lione goes down with exhaustion?
30.03.2015 - 21:21
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Ruchesko on 30.03.2015 at 19:51

How long before Fabio Lione goes down with exhaustion?

Rather than that, how long until this band will succomb in utter ridiculousness? The last album was very weak... not expecting anything from this one either.
30.03.2015 - 21:46
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Their last 3 albums have shown a steady regression. They still write some brilliant songs, but more and more filler has been making its way into their tracklists. Hopefully this ends that trend... I'm skeptical, it couldn't have been a very long writing process for Alex, the last album just barely came out...
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
30.03.2015 - 21:49
Ruchesko

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 30.03.2015 at 21:21

The last album was very weak... not expecting anything from this one either.

As their first ever album without Turilli, I think Staropoli and friends deserve a free pass over Dark Wings. They could still pull a Stratovarius and turn out to be better off without their long-time guitarist (I've not got many nice things to say about Timo Tolkki) - it's unlikely, but I'll give 'em one more chance before I ditch them for good.
30.03.2015 - 22:10
Windir2010

Written by Ruchesko on 30.03.2015 at 21:49

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 30.03.2015 at 21:21

The last album was very weak... not expecting anything from this one either.

As their first ever album without Turilli, I think Staropoli and friends deserves a free pass over Dark Wings. They could yet do a Stratovarius and turn out to be better off without their long-time guitarist (I've not got many nice things to say about Timo Tolkki) - it's unlikely, but I'll give 'em one more chance before I ditch them for good.

I can see that and I hope the new Rhapsody sans Turilli is half as good as Strat with the new guitarist. Regardless, I can't see any Rhapsody fans being more excited for this than Luca Turillis Rhapsody's new album, that's for sure.
31.03.2015 - 02:25
Ruchesko

Written by Windir2010 on 30.03.2015 at 22:10

Regardless, I can't see any Rhapsody fans being more excited for this than Luca Turillis Rhapsody's new album, that's for sure.

Such is the power of Turilli's mullet.
31.03.2015 - 05:42
mikeprado30

Let's see the facts. Last Strato albums with Tolkki (Elements II & Stratovarius) were disappointing, but last RoF albums with Luca (Frozen Tears, FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY) were solid (and IMHO From Chaos is their best album ever).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
31.03.2015 - 07:43
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by mikeprado30 on 31.03.2015 at 05:42

Let's see the facts. Last Strato albums with Tolkki (Elements II & Stratovarius) were disappointing, but last RoF albums with Luca (Frozen Tears, FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY) were solid (and IMHO From Chaos is their best album ever).

I felt like From Chaos to Eternity was where they began to lose it a bit. Short of a few really good tracks on that album, it felt like the rest was filler. I mean, they have some older albums with songs I don't care for, but with those songs you at least felt like they were *trying* for something... with FCTE, the weaker tracks were so bland that it felt like, for the first time, maybe even the band themselves were just making some songs for the sake of filling up an album.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
31.03.2015 - 13:48
Hellbrann

I'm psyched for both. Dark Wings was mediocre, but we'll see how it turns out to be. I do find the albums where they use a real orchestra (Dark Wings, Symphony Of Enchanted Lands II, Triumph Or Agony) are weaker. I'm crossing my fingers that either I'm wrong, or they dont use real orchestras this time. Also, Dark Wings needed more cheesy lyrics.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
31.03.2015 - 20:44
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Please get some better guitar work on this album!!! Last album was so boring, Chaoes wasn't the greate4st either but at least its listenable.
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Hits total: 2518 | This month: 2