Metal Storm logo
TesseracT - Perform On Stage Made Entirely Of Ice

In 2013, Metallica played a unique show in Antarctica and also set a world record by becoming the first and only band in history to perform concerts on all seven continents in under a year. Now it's TesseracT time to enter the books as the first band to perform on top of a structure made completely out of ice. The gig was part of Jagermeister's Ice Cold series of gigs and took place at Snow Village in Kittila, Lapland in Finland. Check out the chilling footage from the gig on an igloo below.

"One of the main challenges is keeping the instruments at the same temperature," bassist Amos Williams said. "If the strings become colder during the set then tuning will become a massive issue."

The band performed with the minus 20ºC temperature and during their soundcheck, many band members complained of a loss of feeling in their hands after only one song. To combat this for the duration of their 75-minute set, each band member is given a special heat sack, a small marble-sized bag that is as hot as a freshly microwaved baked potato, to hold between songs and return some feeling to their frozen riff digits.

Guitarist Acle Kahney said after the show: "It was just surreal. It was definitely hard to concentrate. You just don't think you'll ever be doing something like this when you start a band."

"It's an honour," adds Tompkins. "There are, not just so many bands, but so many people on Earth. I just kept thinking in my head '7 billion people on this planet. Five of us.' We are the only five people that have done this. You know, this is why I came back to the band. For moments like this, it feels very special. We did Sonisphere and that was incredible, but this is something else."

There have been other unique performances recently. You might recall Napalm Death's live performance collaboration, Bustleholme, with ceramic artist Keith Harrison in London as well as Unfathomable Ruination's performance inside a soundproof box. But there are always more possibilities.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: TesseracT
Posted: 30.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 89 users
30.03.2015 - 21:43
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Did anyone else think...

----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
31.03.2015 - 06:11
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Big whoop. Go make a new record
08.04.2015 - 23:06
(o> . <o> )
Written by deadone on 31.03.2015 at 07:27

Wouldn't it be completely hilarious if one of them slipped on the ice, broke his neck and was then confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life!

I don't think I would call something like that-- hilarious

Hits total: 1924 | This month: 13