Metal Storm logo
2015 best of the year album list

This is a list of all the albums I have fully listened to in 2015. Each comes with their own rating and my opinion on that album. I have listened to all of these albums a minimum of 4-5 times each. This year I'm not going to go for 55+ albums like 2014. Instead I will only listen to new albums of bands that I know or curious about. I will be more focused on older albums this year, so this list will be tiny. Still open for suggestions.

Created by: Coolingsrock | 25.01.2015

1. Gorod - A Maze Of Recycled Creeds
2015 Rating: 9.5/10 Progressive Groove/ Death Metal from France.
2. Symphony X - Underworld
2015 Rating: 9.3/10 Progressive Power Metal from USA -- This is the first album that I have heard since ''Paradise Lost'' and it's (almost) pretty much just as good.
3. August Burns Red - Found In Far Away Places
2015 Rating: 9/10 Technical Metalcore from USA -- A.B.R. never disappoints. ENOUGH SAID!!
4. Amorphis - Under The Red Cloud
5. The Agonist - Eye Of Providence
2015 Rating: 8.9/10 Melodic Death/Metalcore from Canada -- WOW... lose your singer to Arch Enemy and come back stronger then ever with their new vocalist. The band focuses more on playing as a whole compared to previous efforts, where most of the focus was on Alissa. Less original but packs a mean punch, if your in the mood for some straight up melodic death metal with metalcore around the edges.
6. Lamb Of God - VII: Sturm Und Drang
2015 Rating: 8.8/10 Groove Thrash Metal from USA -- A great album to rock out to. Nice to see that Randy is being more diverse, using clean vocals at times. (Just hope he don't switch to only clean vocals in future)
7. Veil Of Maya - Matriarch
2015 Rating:8.8/10 Melodic Deathcore/Djent from USA -- The new clean vocals sound a lot like periphery and the music full of energy.
8. Angelus Apatrida - Hidden Evolution
2015 Rating: 8.7/10 Thrash Metal from Spain -- These guys are one of my favorite modern thrash metal bands, and this album doesn't change that statement. Its very fast paced most of the time but keeps it melodic and thrashy sound, of course.
9. Enforcer - From Beyond
2015 Rating: 8.7/10 Speed/Heavy/Thrash from Sweden -- They did it again. Yes, they made another great album that sounds like it's straight out of the 80's (without sounding corny or unoriginal). For me it's all about the great musicianship and Bad Ass feeling behind it.
10. Born Of Osiris - Soul Sphere
2015 Rating: 8.6/10 Progressive Deathcore from USA
11. Periphery - Juggernaut: Alpha & Omega
2015 Rating: 8.6/10 Progressive Metal from USA -- Weaker then their sophomore album but, Needless to say, Periphery remain strong on this double disc album.
12. Ouroboros - Emanations
2015 Rating: 8.5/10 Melodic Death/Technical Thrash Metal from Australia -- Can a 8.5 really be considered a let down? No, not at all. Ouroboros change a few things on this one by dropping some speed to pick up a little melody and song writing. Sadly, I do prefer their Debut Album over Emanations but their new sound opens many doors for this band.
13. Sylosis - Dormant Heart
2015 Rating: 8.5/10 Melodic Death/Thrash Metal from the UK -- Dormant Heart is a very solid release to start my year. Lot's of good riffs and solos from start to finish. Also includes a bonus ''The Smashing Pumpkins'' cover, which was unexpected.
14. Leprous - The Congregation
2015 Rating: 8.4/10 Progressive Metal from Norway -- It retains some of the sound found on Coal but is better in every way.(in my opinion.) It does not however meet the standards of Bilateral or Tall Poppy Syndrome.
15. Helloween - My God-Given Right
2015 Rating: 8.3/10 Power Metal -- If you already heard their album Straight Out Of Hell, you should know what to expect from My God-Given Right. These albums sound and songwriting are very similar. Most people frown upon Helloween's latest efforts, but I find it quite enjoyable.
16. Enter Shikari - The Mindsweep
2015 Rating: 8.0/10 Rock/Electronic/Hip Hop/Alternative from the UK -- Lot's of variation throughout this album. Enter Shikari continue to move away from their traditional hardcore/metal style.
17. Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.
2015 Rating: 7.4/10 Progressive Rock from the UK -- Although this album can be a little draggy, due to some songs being way to long for it's their own good, Steven Wilson continues to display his superb talent in his newest concept piece. It's great but not my style.
18. Trivium - Silence In The Snow
2015 Rating: 7.2/10 Alternative Metal from USA -- I think the one thing that saved this album from being a complete disaster, Is that I wasn't expecting it to be anything but bad. What I'm trying to say is that my expectations were so low that this album actually surprised me. They really should consider going back to their roots though, If they want any real praise. Just catchy Alternative songs, nothing more...
19. All That Remains - The Order Of Things
2015 Rating: 5.6/10 Melodic Metalcore/Alternative from USA -- Not much to say....unoriginal, boring and pretty much all together forgettable. It's pretty much the same material from their previous album ''A War You Cannot Win'' (which is average to below average stuff).

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Coolingsrock ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 7   Visited by: 31 users
06.04.2015 - 18:33
Coolingsrock

April: listened to Leprous - Bilateral -- 2011 --
14.05.2015 - 00:01
Coolingsrock

May: Listened to Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome --2009--
14.05.2015 - 05:40
Diverge

Written by Coolingsrock on 14.05.2015 at 00:01

I'm guessing you're waiting for the new Leprous album, then.
15.05.2015 - 23:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Nice list man, Sylosis were pretty strong this year.

As for Angelus, I prefer The Call, but still pretty decent.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.05.2015 - 17:52
Coolingsrock

Thanks guys
17.05.2015 - 17:55
Coolingsrock

Written by Diverge on 14.05.2015 at 05:40

You got it! I only listened to Coal(2013) prior to this year, they peaked my interests....hopefully they keep it up in 2015. At first was thinking Bilateral was my fav but now Tall Poppy Syndrome takes the number 1 spot.
17.05.2015 - 18:35
Diverge

Written by Coolingsrock on 17.05.2015 at 17:55

Written by Diverge on 14.05.2015 at 05:40

You got it! I only listened to Coal(2013) prior to this year, they peaked my interests....hopefully they keep it up in 2015. At first was thinking Bilateral was my fav but now Tall Poppy Syndrome takes the number 1 spot.

Thatta boy.

Hits total: 1592 | This month: 7