Metal Storm logo
Wormreich, Khaotika - Involved In Fatal Van Accident (Update)

UPDATE: Unfortunately, it has now been confirmed that two members of Wormreich have been killed in the van crash. According to new reports, troopers said that Nicholas Crisostomo, 25, of Round Hill, Virginia, Ian McKinney, 30, of Madison, Tennessee, and Paul J. Truesdell, 29, of Mableton, Georgia, died in this tragic day. Wormreich's label Moribund Records has also released a statement. The band's founder Vulk promises to continue with the band.

Moribund Records statement: "It is with heavy hearts that the staff of Moribund Records confirms that two members of Moribund recording artists Wormreich have been killed in a van crash early this morning while on tour, and one member remains in critical condition. Wormreich were in the midst of a North American tour with comrades Kult Ov Azazel and Khaotika, driving southbound along I-85 in northeast Georgia when the driver of the 15-passenger van apparently fell asleep and the van veered off the highway, striking a tree on the passenger side. In the wreck, Wormreich guitarist Ian Andrew McKinney (AKA Nazgul Vathran) and bassist Paul Truesdell were killed, while drummer Christopher P. Pezzano (AKA Profana) was seriously injured and remains in critical condition, requiring surgery."

A Facebook statement from Wormreich founder, vocalist, guitarist Christopher Earl Pyle (AKA Vulk) reads: "This morning I lost my brother and best friend, along with two awesome people that I was lucky to have even known for a short while. Two of my other brothers remain in critical condition. Somehow I was spared with only superficial wounds and a dislocated shoulder. This is not the end of Wormreich. It's always been my vision, but more importantly, it is for those whom I have lost today that it MUST continue. Please send healing energy to the members of Wormreich, Khaotika, and their families. Ave."

Original news, published on 06.04.2015: U.S. black metal band Wormreich and Atlanta-based melodic black/gothic metallers Khaotika were involved in a van accident that resulted in three reported fatalities. The van veered off Interstate 85 in Jackson County, Georgia, while the bands were en route to Atlanta from Spartanburg, South Carolina, after the driver fell asleep according to reports. Three people were ejected from the vehicle and later died. The identities of the deceased have not been released at this time. Terrible news.

Eight other people were taken to Athens Regional Hospital and Northeast Georgia Medical Center, three in critical condition.

Black metal band Kult Ov Azazel, also on the tour, released the following statement on their Facebook page: "Unfortunately tonight's show in Atlanta, GA will be canceled. The van carrying Wormreich and Khaotika was in a horrible accident this morning. We cannot go into details due to respect to the families of the involved and we are sure details will soon be available through the other parties when the time is right. Our thoughts are with those involved and their families."

Photo by Bob Andres

Source: wsbtv.com
Band profile: Wormreich
Posted: 07.04.2015 by BlueMobius

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 119 users
06.04.2015 - 19:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RIP
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.04.2015 - 19:53
J. N.
Account deleted
Seems like Paul "Vidarr" Truesdell is one of the deceased. I guess time will tell which the other two are. I hope the other eight are okay.

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Paul_Truesdell/482232
06.04.2015 - 20:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Have friends of friends in both bands, and Kult Ov Azazel as well. Terrible news and a lot of mourning on my FB feed today
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.04.2015 - 20:29
a MasT

Omg no
06.04.2015 - 21:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
3 males died according to Georgia State Troopers
----

apos;'
[image]
06.04.2015 - 21:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lariyah Daniels is OK according to her husband FB
----

apos;'
[image]
06.04.2015 - 21:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
James Barile is alive according to his FB
----

apos;'
[image]
06.04.2015 - 21:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Such a terrible news. Just saw the details on Facebook and is absolute devastating.

Car/van goes off the road always end up gettin' brutally crashed. I hope people in hospital are fine and healthy.

Thoughts with families who lost the loved ones.

Not a good news at all.
06.04.2015 - 21:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to MA Nazgul Vathron died, any official sources
state troopers don't give names, other band members, wifes, families what FB I can find confirms they beloved are alive, this cant find anything
about vetirr his bro afcebook confiremed he died
----

apos;'
[image]
06.04.2015 - 22:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 06.04.2015 at 21:48

According to MA Nazgul Vathron died, any official sources
state troopers don't give names, other band members, wifes, families what FB I can find confirms they beloved are alive, this cant find anything
about vetirr his bro afcebook confiremed he died

Sergio Quesada is safe. He's in hospital. (Just saw own of the comment on Khaotika facebook page, seems legit). One of the extra musician of Khaotika is injured and hospital(though can't confirm of this).

Nazgul died(according to MA and some dizzy comments on fb making by so-called "close pals") but again not fully confirming it.

But, that is true lot of injuries has happened to Wormreich musicians and crew.
06.04.2015 - 22:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I tried look to all members FB, family what they listed, female chick, via her friends and so on, one 1th one live bassist brother confirmed
----

apos;'
[image]
06.04.2015 - 22:23
Gothmog_Motsham

Holy shit this is terrible!! Our hearts go with the deceased families and the injured ones.
06.04.2015 - 22:56
J. N.
Account deleted
06.04.2015 - 23:34
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
According to this website, the 3 deceased are:

- Nicholas Crisostomo (drummer in Khaotika);
- Ian "Nazgul Vathron" McKinney (guitars and keyboards in Wormreich);
- Paul J. Truesdell (with a solo project ironically named Fear Not Death and a song called To Journey Alone...).
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
06.04.2015 - 23:36
Njord
njord
RIP
06.04.2015 - 23:39
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Also, you can find some incredibly heartless christians commenting here, blaming their deaths of their "satanic" music.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
06.04.2015 - 23:50
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Dark Forever on 06.04.2015 at 23:39
Also, you can find some incredibly heartless christians commenting here, blaming their deaths of their "satanic" music.

Same happened here. Gladly, most of it have been deleted by now.
07.04.2015 - 11:19
Rapid Fire

Don't know anything from these bands, but of course it's quite a tragedy. My deepest condolences to everyone involved and their beloved ones.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
07.04.2015 - 11:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.04.2015 at 22:56

Lariyah Hayes (Vocalist in Khaotika) is alright.

http://www.metalinsider.net/metal-on-metal/singer-of-khaotika-has-non-life-threatening-injuries-crowdfunding-campaign-set-up

that's what I said , usuing her husband facebook as source
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 2943 | This month: 9