Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - New Album Recordings Begin

Children Of Bodom have started recording their new album! Things are moving along for the follow-up to 2013's Halo Of Blood and drummer Jaska Raatikainen is hard at work tracking his parts. Back in December, the metallers started to compose and rehearse songs for the upcoming album. What will the Finns bring on their next album? We will have to wait and see.

Taken from the band's Facebook page

Stay tuned for more studio updates.

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 07.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 161 users
07.04.2015 - 12:25
Sword_Chant
I wish they returned to the style of their first 3 albums... one can dream.
07.04.2015 - 12:45
Zap
I doubt this will be any good, but I'll be checking it out regardless.
07.04.2015 - 13:14
FeskarN
Alexi's vocals and songwriting has been doing downhill since "Hate Crew Deathroll"
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
07.04.2015 - 13:20
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Written by Sword_Chant on 07.04.2015 at 12:25

Yeah I agree...
07.04.2015 - 15:44
Litvin

Ha ha I wish but not expecting that happend at all. I think in order that happened Alexander Kuoppala have to join back to COBHC.
07.04.2015 - 16:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Halo of Blood" was a great effort and a step in the right direction, so I have hopes for this one.
----
07.04.2015 - 17:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Warman on 07.04.2015 at 16:14

"Halo of Blood" was a great effort and a step in the right direction, so I have hopes for this one.

Agree.

I really do have high hope for the new record too. Don't fucking disappoint us this time.
07.04.2015 - 20:59
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by FeskarN on 07.04.2015 at 13:14

Alexi's vocals and songwriting has been doing downhill since "Hate Crew Deathroll"

The vocals on AYDY were great, I thought. But yeah, on Blooddrunk and RRF they sounded like they were going way down hill. They were a bit better on HoB, but it's starting to feel like maybe he's lost his ability to really hit those high pitched screams.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
07.04.2015 - 22:13
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Litvin on 07.04.2015 at 15:44

Ha ha I wish but not expecting that happend at all. I think in order that happened Alexander Kuoppala have to join back to COBHC.

Alexander co-wrote like 3 songs when he was with bodom, I highly doubt his leaving the band had a big or pretty much any influence on the style change, Alexi has always been the shot caller.

I'll keep an eye out for this as I do every bodom release but I really don't have much expectations for it, also as with every bodom release after HCDR. There might be a little hope considering Halo of Blood vaguely stepped back in the right direction but I'm not counting on anything mind-blowing.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
08.04.2015 - 03:50
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Litvin on 07.04.2015 at 15:44

I think in order that happened Alexander Kuoppala have to join back to COBHC.

Alexander leaving had zero effect on the direction the band took. He played on HCDR and that was the first step in that direction.

And if you really don't think that Roope is capable of keeping up or performing in the original Bodom style then go listen to Sinergy, which was Alexi and Roope together (and also Alexi's ex-wife on vocals and Marco Hietala on bass) before Alexander even left Bodom.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

08.04.2015 - 09:45
Sword_Chant
Written by deadone on 08.04.2015 at 03:55

Halo of Blood was pretty close to that style. Not bad either.

To me Halo of Blood sounded like HCDR, which isn't a bad thing but (maybe) this new album goes back to the very beginning sound, always felt that would be the best thing for them.
09.04.2015 - 00:38
The Evergreen
Written by psykometal on 08.04.2015 at 03:50

And if you really don't think that Roope is capable of keeping up or performing in the original Bodom style then go listen to Sinergy, which was Alexi and Roope together (and also Alexi's ex-wife on vocals and Marco Hietala on bass) before Alexander even left Bodom.

Too right!

I'm glad to hear of this new album.
I think we all want another Something Wild, but what are the odds, really? when I'm not pining for Something Wild, I enjoy the rest of the albums well enough. It's not as awesome, sure, but good enough to run or drive to.
09.04.2015 - 01:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by The Evergreen on 09.04.2015 at 00:38

I think we all want another Something Wild, but what are the odds, really? when I'm not pining for Something Wild, I enjoy the rest of the albums well enough. It's not as awesome, sure, but good enough to run or drive to.

Actually I'd dare say most want another Hatebreeder or Follow The Reaper. Something Wild was awesome too, but Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper were definitely superior.

I would also really love another Sinergy album.
----

09.04.2015 - 05:10
Lit.
Account deleted
I don't want another Something Wild; I'd much rather have another Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper or HCDR.
09.04.2015 - 05:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Guest on 09.04.2015 at 05:10

I don't want another Something Wild; I'd much rather have another Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper or HCDR.

You already got another HCDR. HoB.

I want another FtR.
----

09.04.2015 - 08:34
The Evergreen
Point taken, psyko.

Yes, more Sinergy, please! ...but Kim is busy with other stuff, it seems.
I'm happy with more CoB.
09.04.2015 - 13:28
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by deadone on 09.04.2015 at 05:47

HoB was not aother Hatebreeder. It lacked the wanton energy of Hatebreeder and was somewhat denser and dare I say it, more melodic death metal orientated.

Who the hell has ever said that HoB was another Hatebreeder? O_o

It also lacked the neo-classically influenced technicality that dominated Hatebreeder (as well as SW and FtR).
----

09.04.2015 - 15:58
Andresopeth
I hate the acronyms, i mean why?, why? what people do with the two seconds that they save not writing 10 letters?.
HoB, RRF, SW, SW, FtR.... annoying.

Loking forward for this release, Children Of Bodom never excited me that much after the first three albums, but Halo Of Blood was very enjoyable, hope this one continues that path.
10.04.2015 - 04:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by deadone on 10.04.2015 at 01:41

Bad Deadone merely glanced at your post! Naughty me. Apologies for my innattention.

Totally agree on lack of neo-classical technicality - there's not much extreme power in the old HoB.

Ah ok. Lol. Yea, I'm a long time fan (found them back in 2001, when FtR was brand new), and accusing me of calling any of the post-Alexander stuff as comparable to the first 3 is fightin' words.
----

10.04.2015 - 06:53
mikeprado30
Last album was nice. I hope this new one will keep the quality
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 2020 | This month: 4