Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Reveal New Video

Leprous fans, stop what you are doing! The Norwegians just served up their new song on a silver platter. Entitled "The Price", and taken from the new album The Congregation, feast your eyes and ears on the video right now, directed by David Solbjorg and Kjetil Kolbjornsrud of Twitchy Films, who have previously worked with the progressive group. What is your impression of the new album's opening track?

The Congregation is coming out on May 25th, 2015 in Europe and June 2nd, 2015 in North America through their label Inside Out Music.

The band say: "The Price was the obvious choice for us to make a video of. It's straight to the point, technical, focused, catchy and shows a new side of Leprous. We're very happy to be working with Twitchy Films, and they've done an impeccable job creating an atmospheric and artistic video clip."

Tracklist:
01. The Price
02. Third Law
03. Rewind
04. The Flood
05. Triumphant
06. Within My Fence
07. Red
08. Slave
09. Moon
10. Down
11. Lower

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 07.04.2015 by DaMaGeR

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 193 users
07.04.2015 - 17:26
Risto
Wandering Midget
The definition of catchy prog.
07.04.2015 - 17:32
FR1DAY

Wow sounds very interesting.
07.04.2015 - 17:33
a MasT

Likelike
07.04.2015 - 17:36
MetalDoomMaster

Their other videos are way better, but the album is looking good. Seems like the new drummer is filling in well too.
07.04.2015 - 18:10
musclassia

Tall Poppy Syndrome is an excellent debut, but the next two didn't manage to really connect with me. This however is quite promising, a quite interesting prog approach, catchy indeed
07.04.2015 - 18:21
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Damn how do Leprous manage to kill it album after album?! Einar's songwriting definitely adds a fresh touch to their sound - can't fucking wait to hear the new album!
07.04.2015 - 22:19
Lethrokai

I like how it seems like this video in particular seems to give more focus to Baard as the new drummer (or is it just me?). It's like the band reassuring us that everything is going to be Leprous quality; though I hardly needed reassuring after seeing that guy drum it out live with them.

As for the song, I dig it. It's got a bit of a fusion between Coal and Bilateral's sound, though it feels like it's got TPS' almost abrupt overall song structure to it too. A weird hybrid, if you will.

They're keeping up exactly what I'd hoped with this song, a sound that - while familiar to long time fans - really tries to experiment and explore new territory. A genuine "progressive" act.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
08.04.2015 - 00:31
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Awesome!
08.04.2015 - 01:39
MIXHELL

No comment, unique sound, love it.
08.04.2015 - 09:00
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by musclassia on 07.04.2015 at 18:10

Tall Poppy Syndrome is an excellent debut, but the next two didn't manage to really connect with me. This however is quite promising, a quite interesting prog approach, catchy indeed

My thoughts, it sounds like TPS which is to me is huge plus already
----
08.04.2015 - 20:27
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
This is sounding fresh, pretty cool atmosphere! Will be cool to listen to the album in it's entirety
09.04.2015 - 13:42
DahliaRock

Huh.. I guess I am the only one that finds this track uninteresting.. when I close my eyes, I can almost say it's the non-identical twin of Foe, but looks a bit like Bilateral too.. and that's supposed to be a good thing! I find this track offensively bland I hope several listens will cause a stir within me! I NEED this album to be excellent
15.04.2015 - 23:23
Flyingbroom

Boring video, unremarkable song... What happened to the Leprous that made Bilateral?
01.05.2015 - 03:03
kingeryck

Not really liking the technical parts. Otherwise it's good as usual.

Hits total: 2903 | This month: 5