Metal Storm logo
Gavin Harrison - Drummer Launches 'Hatesong/Halo' Video

You will do well to remember that at the beginning of this year, Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison revealed that he would be releasing Cheating The Polygraph on Kscope featuring new arrangements of many of his favourite Porcupine Tree songs, with performances from some of the world's best contemporary jazz players. Well, as of now you can have a taste of this release. Check out the video for "Hatesong/Halo" (the edited version) taken from his upcoming solo album exclusively at this location. Tasteful? Share your thoughts.

Cheating The Polygraph will be released on April 14th via Kscope (April 13th in the UK, April 17th in Germany, April 22nd in Japan). It can be pre-ordered now through the Kscope web-store.

This ambitious project sees the restlessly creative Harrison reimagine eight Porcupine Tree songs in a set of vivid and vibrant new arrangements that give full, free rein to his inquiring musical mind. The tracks which comprise the album were recorded over a five-year period, with Harrison working in conjunction with a crew of some of the finest contemporary musicians, including the gifted saxophonist Nigel Hitchcock along with bassist Laurence Cottle.

Commented Harrison: "I think every album needs a focus - a master plan - and whilst I thought about writing new tunes for a big band project, I made a version of Porcupine Tree's 'Futile' (with Laurence Cottle) and it came out really well. It felt like a good plan to follow on with some of my personal favorite PT songs and see if we could make them work. I had a vision that the arrangements would never lean towards a clichéd classic big band sound, but always follow a modern contemporary angle. So even if you didn't know the original tune, you could still enjoy it as a modern composition that would work with this instrumentation. I couldn't be happier with the results. Laurence Cottle's immense talent as a musician and arranger was mind blowing."

Album tracks:

01. What Happens Now?
02. Sound Of Muzak/So Called Friend
03. The Start Of Something Beautiful
04. Heart Attack In A Layby/The Creator Had A Mastertape/Surfer
05. The Pills I'm Taking (from Anesthetize)
06. Hatesong/Halo
07. Cheating The Polygraph/Mother & Child Divided
08. Futile

Source: kscopemusic.com
Band profile: Porcupine Tree
Posted: 10.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 57 users
11.04.2015 - 02:04
Desert Father

Really nice, very creative. The bit from Halo floored me.
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
11.04.2015 - 10:29
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
COOL I want this
11.04.2015 - 11:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I think it sounds brilliant. I might get this at some point.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.05.2015 - 20:02
Andresopeth

Awesome! this is really enjoyable....!!!! will check it for sure

Hits total: 2602 | This month: 7