Metal Storm logo
Slayer - New Song Available For Streaming

Are you ready for some thrash? Today, it comes courtesy of Slayer, which are dropping a new album tentatively scheduled for release in August via their new label Nuclear Blast Records. The American thrash metal titans will release the new song, "When The Stillness Comes," this weekend on a picture-disc for Record Store Day, but you can stream the eerie new track below! Dive in now.

Guitarist Kerry King says of this track: "It's about a dude who wakes up at a crime scene and realizes he's killed everybody."

"When The Stillness Comes" is one of 12 new songs that will appear on their upcoming new record, their first since 2009's World Painted Blood which will also be the band's first album since the death of founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman in 2013 and the departure of drummer Dave Lombardo that same year. Exodus guitarist Gary Holt has been filling in for Hanneman, and the band also now features returning drummer Paul Bostaph.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 16.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 59   Visited by: 331 users
17.04.2015 - 06:43
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Sad thing is, there is going to be a ton of fans eat this up and think it's a killer track. Slayer should have called it quits long ago, or at least stopped putting out new music a la Bolt Thrower.
17.04.2015 - 07:01
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
For fuck's sake, just stop already. Some bands really just need to get their heads around the concept of "at a certain point, we need to just let our legacy speak for itself." Do Slayer really have anything to prove to anyone anymore? They've already secured their spot as one of the most classic and influential metal bands in the history of the genre. I get the fact that some people just love playing music for ever and ever, but there's no shame in recognizing that you've had a good run, established immense presence and respect, and can throw in the towel either. Hanneman is probably rolling in his grave right now
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
17.04.2015 - 10:33
Dinruth

Wow .. I really didn't like this
17.04.2015 - 10:59
@gent_-_orange

Weak sauce, can't say I'm suprised though, I don't think slayer have released anything good for a while now.
17.04.2015 - 12:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
YouTube folks were bit letdown with the song. Here, my folks feeling the new track sound letdown too. Point taken.

This new song is cut-above-average. Two big major stop in between the track and it cuts the whole flow. Yes, last 15 seconds of track should be the flow of the whole track.

Thr annoying part was those two big loops where song was in high altitude and you suddenly drop to change the gear and play something else.

Still sanguine.
17.04.2015 - 16:40
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by deadone on 17.04.2015 at 07:59

Popular music such as metal is business. People too often confuse it with art when it's a product to be consumed.

And that's where we disagree. Metal (or any music for that matter) is NOT simply a business or a product to be consumed. That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. I personally HATE art being exploited for the sake of making a profit, call me an idealist, but that is an attitude I stand firmly by.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
17.04.2015 - 17:25
Rapid Fire

I'm a great fan of this band as everybody can imagine, and have loved all their albums so far, in fact I think they've always been very regular and never release anything dissapointing, so far...

Listening to this I have to admit the song is just average. Pretty much as ''Implode''. Worried about the upcoming album, we´ll have to wait and see but at this ponit I can't feel anything promising.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
17.04.2015 - 21:33
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 17.04.2015 at 07:01

For fuck's sake, just stop already. Some bands really just need to get their heads around the concept of "at a certain point, we need to just let our legacy speak for itself." Do Slayer really have anything to prove to anyone anymore? They've already secured their spot as one of the most classic and influential metal bands in the history of the genre. I get the fact that some people just love playing music for ever and ever, but there's no shame in recognizing that you've had a good run, established immense presence and respect, and can throw in the towel either. Hanneman is probably rolling in his grave right now

They're gonna run their legacy into the ground at this point. Sad.
18.04.2015 - 02:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by deadone on 18.04.2015 at 01:47

I'm merely stating the reality of it.

Whilst you view it as an art, a Century Media or Roadrunner employee or tour promoter or band manager views it as a business, musicians, roadies and sound engineers view it as a source of living even if they see it as an art. And very often art is sacrificed for commercial viability, especially in the upper echelons.

You can pretend the business side of it doesn't happen, but in reality it's a massive driver of any form of music and especially popular music.

And what about those bands not on a label, or who don't even wish to be? What about those who view their music as an expressive pleasure first and as business second (if even at all)? It is not simply limited to this "music is for making money" spectrum that you appear to be portraying as an absolute rule. Plenty of musicians, self included, see their music as an art form that they only wish to get out there and share with like minded individuals. And if they can make a buck or two doing it? Great. But the monetary compensation is viewed by these people as a nice add on, not as a necessity to be pursued from the immediate outstart. So yes, the business side happens, I'm not denying that. But it is only one side of the musical coin, so to speak.
----

~ II. VII
18.04.2015 - 02:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
For bands such as Slayer it is not about the art. It is about the money. It's been like that after their first three albums. Such is life. Wake up and smell the coffee.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.04.2015 - 14:25
bblitz

Good song,can't wait for the new album....
18.04.2015 - 14:52
me<3mertl

Metallica released Lulu
Megadeth released Super Collider
And now Slayer comes up with this....
Anthrax,you are next!
19.04.2015 - 01:11
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Written by bblitz on 18.04.2015 at 14:25

Good song,can't wait for the new album....

I'm with you bud.
19.04.2015 - 14:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 17.04.2015 at 06:06

Slayer have been doing groove metal since Diabolous In Musica.

I agree they should've stopped after Diabolus too!

Slayer sucks after Seasons In The Abyss .... seems Kreator was smart went gothic and come back whit kick ass albums , better as whole 90's disco grafy
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.04.2015 - 14:22
JohnDoe
Account deleted
When a band loses an essential member, things change for the worse a lot of times
hopefully, the other songs will be more inspired than this one
19.04.2015 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2015 at 14:22

When a band loses an essential member, things change for the worse a lot of times

I dong get I gave up hopes from many bands like this, metallica, why ppl hope that there be some good album? keep classics alive and search new thrash bands what can kick ass
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2015 - 14:39
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2015 at 14:28

I dong get I gave up homes from many bands like this, metallica, why ppl hope that there be some good album? keep classics alive and search new thrash bands what can kick ass

you "gave up homes from many bands like this", what are you trying to say?
I do keep classics alive as the thrash that I listen to are the classic bands and if/when they release something new and I enjoy it, well, I'm happy.

As for new thrash bands, I've tried a few, but there's nothing new under the sun and I don't enjoy hybrids like blackened thrash or groove-thrash. So nothing much for me.
19.04.2015 - 15:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2015 at 14:39

I dong get I gave up homes from many bands like this, metallica, why ppl hope that there be some good album? keep classics alive and search new thrash bands what can kick ass

I do keep classics alive as the thrash that I listen to are the classic bands and if/when they release something new and I enjoy it, well, I'm happy.

As for new thrash bands, I've tried a few, but there's nothing new under the sun and I don't enjoy hybrids like blackened thrash or groove-thrash. So nothing much for me.

I said hopes
hopes from band to hear good upcoming album, tahts why I listen classic albums from old bands and new bands in a genre
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2015 - 15:16
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2015 at 15:02

Written by Guest on 19.04.2015 at 14:39

I said hopes
hopes from band to hear good upcoming album, tahts why I listen classic albums from old bands and new bands in a genre

you said "homes", but how do you manage to screw up a word like "hope" and write "home" instead is beyond my comprehension, when letters "m" and "p" are not even close on the keyboard.

So what if I hope the other songs will be better than this one? I'm free to express my hope, aren't I?
19.04.2015 - 15:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2015 at 15:16

you said "homes", but how do you manage to screw up a word like "hope" and write "home" instead is beyond my comprehension, when letters "m" and "p" are not even close on the keyboard.

So what if I hope the other songs will be better than this one? I'm free to express my hope, aren't I?

I have no clue, I have unique skills I suppose

yes it can, but most cases it hasn't , it was in late 90's and early '00 albums, but in lats 2-4 years old bands come back, so ... but in my case Slayer will work only whit 80's sound
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2015 - 15:33
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2015 at 15:19

Written by Guest on 19.04.2015 at 15:16

I have no clue, I have unique skills I suppose

yes it can, but most cases it hasn't , it was in late 90's and early '00 albums, but in lats 2-4 years old bands come back, so ... but in my case Slayer will work only whit 80's sound

don't get me started on your skills...:lol:
so just because you don't like Slayer after Seasons..., no one else should, right? Is this what you are trying to say? I hope not.
19.04.2015 - 15:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Joe
I have unique skills make most incredible spelling errors ever

True but then why most ppl always say hwo shit x album after y is?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2015 - 16:05
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2015 at 15:54

Joe
I have unique skills make most incredible spelling errors ever

True but then why most ppl always say hwo shit x album after y is?

that's your excuse for not being able to spell? LOL
Before posting, re-read what you wrote see if it makes sense; if you're not sure how to spell something, check that word in a dictionary or if you do not have one, there are all sorts of online dictionaries as well.

"shitty" is spelled like that if that was your question ; same rule as "witty" or "gritty".

Now back on topic.
I have some hope for this album, maybe I am naive but Slayer has never screwed things up like Megadeth or Metallica did. So yeah, there is some hope.
20.04.2015 - 02:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 20.04.2015 at 02:19

Written by Bad English on 19.04.2015 at 14:15

Slayer sucks after Seasons In The Abyss .... seems Kreator was smart went gothic and come back whit kick ass albums , better as whole 90's disco grafy

I like Divine Intervention and Daibolous In Musica. Indeed I prefer Divine Intervention as a whole over Seasons In The Abyss, which is marred by some very average songs.

I odn't like Kreator's industrial stuff. I don't mind Endorama which in parts sounds like Megadeth circa Cryptic Writings.

that gothic stuff is better as whole mid 90's thrash albums, lack of inspiration and same, boring IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2015 - 02:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like old Slayer, cant enjoy anyting after Abyss
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2015 - 21:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 17.04.2015 at 21:33

They're gonna run their legacy into the ground at this point. Sad.

give them credit... the other "Big Four" did so decades ago.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.04.2015 - 12:00
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Auntie Sahar on 17.04.2015 at 07:01

"Legacy"? What is that? An arbitrary line people draw, after which no release of a given band is good? That's a ridiculous notion.

Who are we, listeners, to tell bands when to wrap it up? It's their band, their music, and they are able to do with it whatever they fancy. We "vote" for bands by buying their music. That's all we can do. We have no right to tell them to do anything. As you said, they have nothing to prove anymore. So perhaps we should let them do their thing without imposing our totally irrelevant judgements?

I'll never understand why people think that by listening to bands and buying their music they have a say in what those bands do.
21.04.2015 - 16:22
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Daniell on 21.04.2015 at 12:00

"Legacy"? What is that? An arbitrary line people draw, after which no release of a given band is good? That's a ridiculous notion.

Who are we, listeners, to tell bands when to wrap it up? It's their band, their music, and they are able to do with it whatever they fancy. We "vote" for bands by buying their music. That's all we can do. We have no right to tell them to do anything. As you said, they have nothing to prove anymore. So perhaps we should let them do their thing without imposing our totally irrelevant judgements?

I'll never understand why people think that by listening to bands and buying their music they have a say in what those bands do.

I think you seem to be mistaking my expression of subjective opinion as a statement of objective fact. Of course this idea of a band's "legacy" is arbitrary and dependent upon the person's conception of it. And quite frankly, anyone who says they don't do this is pulling one over on you: EVERYBODY has some idea towards at least one band of "after X album, they really fell off their horse." Also when on earth did I ever say I think I have a say in what Slayer does? It was a simple expression of feeling, and I have a right to put mine out there as anyone else does. I personally (and I see others echoing this sentiment) do not see the point in a band continuing to release pretty substandard material once they've already reached a point of critical success and acclaim. It raises the questions of "what happened to your energy?" as well as "what more are you trying to prove to people?" Of course a band is able to do with their music whatever they wish, but if they have the freedom to put their stuff out there, than I as a listener have the freedom to comment upon it, and in this instance the band continuing to release music to me smells more of commercialism and of contractual obligations than it does true passion for what they're playing. Sorry, but that's the impression made on me, and I don't respect it.
----

~ II. VII
22.04.2015 - 03:49
Mattybu

Written by Auntie Sahar on 21.04.2015 at 16:22

in this instance the band continuing to release music to me smells more of commercialism and of contractual obligations than it does true passion for what they're playing. Sorry, but that's the impression made on me, and I don't respect it.

Agreed 100%. I also think anyone is fully in the right when they say it's time for a band to call it quits as far as releasing stuff publicly. When you release your music to the public you open yourself up to that criticism, and when you half-ass it for so long and keep making the same shit there's no reason to keep releasing your stuff to the public other than money.

Hits total: 4863 | This month: 13