I don't like it
it's my favourite Testament album
it's Testament's worst album
other opinion (please explain)

Total votes: 13
25.02.2007 - 18:19
marillionfan
Account deleted
The Ritual is Testament's softest album; it's one of those albums that you can either love it immensely or hate it. I'm one of those who love this album.
Alex Skolnick was guilty for the more melodic, softer sound of the album. but his guitar playing on this album is amazing, really great and Chuck Billy's singing is surprisingly great. As the other members wanted a heavier sound, Skolnick left (and joined Savatage for the A Handful of Rain album).
Due to this softer sound, many metal fans felt a bit disapponted and this album got the appreciation it deserves a little bit later; many of the songs on this album sound great live (ex. the live album Return to the Apocaliptic city) so eventually the album got some of the attention it was worth getting. who love it. What about you?
25.02.2007 - 18:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does this poll shood be here and its IMO wierd tread and your explanation are small and short too so I wont post huge because this probobly gonna be locked too but 'it's pretty good but they can do better'
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.02.2007 - 19:39
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.02.2007 at 18:28

Does this poll shood be here and its IMO wierd tread and your explanation are small and short too so I wont post huge because this probobly gonna be locked too but 'it's pretty good but they can do better'

Sorry I did not explain much. I'll try to redress that.
Alex Skolnick was guilty for the more melodic, softer sound of the album. but his guitar playing on this album is amazing, really great and Chuck Billy's singing is surprisingly great. As the other members wanted a heavier sound, Skolnick left (and joined Savatage for the A Handful of Rain album).
Due to this softer sound, many metal fans felt a bit disapponted and this album got the appreciation it deserves a little bit later; many of the songs on this album sound great live (ex. the live album Return to the Apocaliptic city) so eventually the album got some of the attention it was worth getting.
25.02.2007 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 19:39

Written by Bad English on 25.02.2007 at 18:28

Sorry I did not explain much. I'll try to redress that.
Due to this softer sound, many metal fans felt a bit disapponted and this album got the appreciation it deserves a little bit later; many of the songs on this album sound great live (ex. the live album Return to the Apocaliptic city) so eventually the album got some of the attention it was worth getting.

Exlpain not for me, eddit first post beter otherwiuse stuff can close it
----

apos;'
[image]
25.02.2007 - 19:51
marillionfan
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

OK. Thank you for your advice.
25.02.2007 - 20:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 19:51

OK. Thank you for your advice.

You see now poll are like poll and its even more fun post and vote here
----

apos;'
[image]
26.02.2007 - 02:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It's certainly not their worst album...you can tell with this album that they were trying to get into a heavier, more death metal type sound...it's a very strong album given the transition they were trying to do...it probably could've been better, but it's really effective considering the band was trying to progress to an album like Low...
26.02.2007 - 14:59
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.02.2007 at 02:59

It's certainly not their worst album...you can tell with this album that they were trying to get into a heavier, more death metal type sound...it's a very strong album given the transition they were trying to do...it probably could've been better, but it's really effective considering the band was trying to progress to an album like Low...

You must be mistaking The Ritual with some other album. There's no death metal influence or death metal growl on The Ritual. it's Testament's most melodic and softest album. The death metal influence started with Low. I still enjow the Low album, but after this album, the darker, death metal sound doesn't do it for me anymore.
26.02.2007 - 15:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted o very good album, it is not heir best album but some legendary songs are released on this album... Electric Crown... and beside that this is the first Testament album I listened so I like it a lot...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.02.2007 - 19:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@marillionfan: It's not nessesarily soft...it's still a bit heavy...you're right, there is no death metal influence on it...I listened to it again...it's less thrashy and is more mid paced and has more focused grooves and solos...
27.02.2007 - 19:44
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.02.2007 at 19:56

@marillionfan: It's not nessesarily soft...it's still a bit heavy...you're right, there is no death metal influence on it...I listened to it again...it's less thrashy and is more mid paced and has more focused grooves and solos...

You're right, The Ritual is not a soft album, i wasn't trying to imply that idea; it is the softest album in the Testament discography. I'd say it is a technical heavy metal album.
01.03.2007 - 06:04
Richard
Elite
I noticed a few Thrash bands went in this direction around 1992 - a year after the release of Metallica's 'black album'! This can't be just a coincidence - I'm sure these bands saw the success Metallica had received with the black album, and tried to follow a similar path by lessening their Thrash roots and adopting a more accessible (though not necessarily 'soft') sound.
----
01.03.2007 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 01.03.2007 at 06:04

I noticed a few Thrash bands went in this direction around 1992 - a year after the release of Metallica's 'black album'! This can't be just a coincidence - I'm sure these bands saw the success Metallica had received with the black album, and tried to follow a similar path by lessening their Thrash roots and adopting a more accessible (though not necessarily 'soft') sound.

Well I had noticed it too, because if I listen 80ties thrash bands Anthrax, Metal Church, Overkill, Testament, whatever(moustly USA) in 80ties thay sounds good fast, thrash agresive and :Banger2: but then in 90ties some splitt up or change sounds like lil Metallica way but not so bad, buts till thay change sound, and even nowdays some old bands wanna reunion and after do it thay sound sliek new Metallica, dunno why but IMO there are no bands who sound slike 80ties thhrash, ist about death metal too
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2007 - 01:28
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I think the album is okay, it's not bad, "Electric Crown" is a good song. I very much agree with Richard's opinion though.
19.08.2009 - 12:32
Razorback
For me pretty good album,nothing with Alex Skolnick can't be bad,for me he is really creative and amazing musician.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!