Metal Storm logo
Amoral - Original Singer Kalliojärvi Returns

Finland's Amoral announced what they had been teasing the day before: singer Niko Kalliojärvi has returned to the band after a seven year absence. The progressive band is now a six-piece again. Kalliojärvi's return has been cooking up since last year, and he will be largely present on the band's 7th studio album, on which they are currently working on, with an early 2016 release planned.

Kalliojärvi comments: "Damnation! The Amoral gigs I've done cameos at during the last few years have been fun experiences, so when I was asked to come back to the group, I was both surprised and excited. For musical reasons, but also since I've always been comfortable in said company. The new lineup lets us realize musical ideas in a whole new way. The more I've been thinking about it, the more it makes sense. Amoral has been broadening its sound palette throughout it's history - now, more than ever, we have a whole pack of aces up our sleeves!"

Ben Varon adds: "Niko's company felt natural both onstage and backstage, and hearing his voice - which I've always said is one of my all-time favorite growls - on those songs after a long while felt good. And once I realized what a great guitarist Niko is these days, the vision started to get clearer: this would be just the thing to take our musical journey to the next level! Two singers, three guitar players, one of which is now a part-time keyboardist... Things just got interesting!"

New band photo

[Also thanks to Bad English for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amoral
Posted: 26.03.2015 by Risto

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 9 users
23.04.2015 - 10:29
Kais
Oh boy, what a group of untalented finns.:no:

Hits total: 1539 | This month: 7