Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Initial Tour Dates Released; Wrapping Up Recording Process

Polish death metallers, Behemoth, appear to be lining up select U.S. shows (most likely taking place around an appearance at this year's New England Metalcore festival). Dates released so far include:

April 28 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory w/ Dimmu Borgir, etc.
April 29 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza w/ Cannibal Corpse, etc.
April 30 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Also, Behemoth are currently wrapping up the tenuous recording process for The Apostasy, "their most ambitious and epic offering yet." The new effort is being recorded in the band's hometown of Gdansk with Nergal (vocals, guitars) and longtime sound engineer Malta in the producers' chairs and is set for a late July release.

Nergal checks in with the following news: "We are almost done recording all of the guitar tracks. It is taking us much longer than we had originally expected but The Apostasy is technically the most demanding of all Behemoth albums thus far. We are extremely proud of what we've recorded and the sound is just devastating. This time I decided to use three different amps and record two guitars on each side. This way we make the guitar tone meatier and it also provides something more unique sound wise. Seth (guitars) and I are starting to record our lead parts now while Orion lays down his final bass tracks. I am so excited right now, but at the same time I have never been so stressed in my life. This album is my life now.

Last week we had a special guest on the song 'Inner Sanctum.' This is the most creepy and evil sounding tune on The Apostasy so far. However, I'm not going to reveal the name of the guest musician just yet because I do not want to ruin the surprise. All of the tracks should be completed over the next two weeks. After that I fly out to Uppsala, Sweden to being the mixing process with the acclaimed Daniel Bergstrand (Arch Enemy, In Flames) at Dugout Studios. We had long discussion about the direction of the record and we definitely seem to be on the same page. I can't wait till we start working on that."

Be sure to check out the the latest video installment from The Apostasy recordings.

Source: smnnews.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 25.02.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 1 user
25.02.2007 - 21:36
Stigmatized
Sounds good, I'm ready for the new album.
25.02.2007 - 21:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
So am I!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.02.2007 - 22:30
Winter Death
Account deleted
OMGS
26.02.2007 - 00:11
Kataplexi
Account deleted
I love the new album!
26.02.2007 - 00:17
spirit_inblack
harshhead
The new album is sure to be a monster of an album, or dare I say a behemoth of an album
26.02.2007 - 03:39
Judas
The Amputator
Written by spirit_inblack on 26.02.2007 at 00:17

The new album is sure to be a monster of an album, or dare I say a behemoth of an album

Shouldn't that be a monster/behemoth ov an album?

In all seriousness, it should fucking rule. Nergal hasn't let me down yet, and I'm not expecting him to break this amazing run.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
26.02.2007 - 11:55
Eight
Shapeshifter
As long as it as the last one, im ready
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
26.02.2007 - 13:22
Judas
The Amputator
Ok, easy on the smilies now.

@Jester Eddie: Why do you say it should be the last one?
----
26.02.2007 - 14:29
Eight
Shapeshifter
im saying that as long as it IS LIKE the last one...
No way man
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
26.02.2007 - 17:22
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Can't wait for the new album ha ha ha!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
27.02.2007 - 01:51
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Judas on 26.02.2007 at 03:39

Written by spirit_inblack on 26.02.2007 at 00:17

Shouldn't that be a monster/behemoth ov an album?

In all seriousness, it should fucking rule. Nergal hasn't let me down yet, and I'm not expecting him to break this amazing run.

You're right, my mistake
27.02.2007 - 07:30
Judas
The Amputator
We're on a behemoth ov a smiley roll here.
----
27.02.2007 - 09:50
DCLXVI

Just !
----
schitzon är röda och rosor fäller, jag är inte hund och inte jag heller
28.02.2007 - 05:03
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Quote:
..Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

For some reason made me laugh lol

Anyway, cant feakin' wait.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.03.2007 - 20:02
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
I'm so stoked! I don't care what happens, I'm gonna make it to see Behemoth live when they play at Jaxx! These guys are the reason I even picked up an axe for real!

Oh yeah, to my Metal bros in the DC area. Its not just Behemoth playing, but also some great bands from Maryland and Virginia [still underground] are opening for them. Check these guys out!

Dead Syndicate: Awesome Death Metal band from the Northern Virginia area in Manassas, they've opened for alot of great bands like Emperor, Morbid Angel, Sepultura, Behemoth, Napalm Death, Kreator, and Obituary. They also have a debut album out that gives all the true kvlt hope for our day in the light.---- http://metalasylum.com/ds/index.html [Official site]

Ghost In The Gears: Great Death Metal band from Alexandria, VA (My other hometown). They sound alot like Cannibal Corpse and Azarath, but more really awesome solos to kill for. A Truly Unique sound. Their song 'Diseased Injustice' is on their myspace, I love them already for that song---- http://www.myspace.com/ghostinthegears

Dead on Impact: Now these guys are just brutal! From Walkersville, MD. The frontman, Andy Christ has vocal style like Angela Gossow. ---- http://www.myspace.com/deadonimpactmd
Also, one of their main members died some years back, very sad: http://in-remembrance-of.com/David-Ford?slides. I left a comment in his memorial site, it was very sad...

Leviathan: Pretty Brutal Death Metal band from Marriotsville, MD. I've downloaded the songs available for download on myspace ---- http://www.myspace.com/leviathan0013

No bullshit, all bands here mean business
03.03.2007 - 20:13
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 25.02.2007 at 21:44

So am I!

Nervel, I wish you were in my area, you seem like an awesome guy to mosh with!

Hits total: 2390 | This month: 4