Metal Storm logo
Metal apparel rant

25.04.2015 - 07:41
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Hmm... I don't know if this has been discussed properly before, but there have been many instances when I really want to complain about those band T-Shirts.

It's fine to just have a logo T-shirt for those who have a more... minimalist fashion preference.

What I really dislike is that the album cover, as in just the square frame gets slapped onto the shirt. No matter how beautiful the album artwork is, it's not too artistic or radical to have a nice looking square on your t-shirt.

Not all bands do that of course, but it has happened enough times for sure. I really want to buy something that looks cool/beautiful that can represent the coolness of the band / album (which is why I buy LPs, to admire the artwork on a bigger scale) and that extends to band T-shirts! Bands can only gain from this - Not only the sales would be better if they can come up with something prettier, but it would also be more of a conversation starter for those sporting the shirts, and the promotional aspect of band t-shirts would be realised better.

If you look at some of the beautiful album covers and layouts of digipacks / CDs / LPs that have been coming out lately, you can see the artists responsible are really talented these days. Just extend the same attention to T-shirts please. If those nice art can extend towards the back of the shirt, or even the sleeves, that would be cool, yes?

Also, how come there aren't much V-neck shirts?

/End rant

Maybe female users can talk about the lack of girl sizes / cropped-top versions too haha
----
loves 小巫
25.04.2015 - 17:33
Ag Fox
Angel No More
That's why we need V-necks!
----
loves 小巫
25.04.2015 - 19:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well I agree with the Square thing... it's... not very nice, actually, it's horrible and seems like the band just botched their merchs. But honestly, V-necks ? Fuck that lol. I mean sure those who want some, go ahead why not, but ... eeeww not for me.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
26.04.2015 - 00:29
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 25.04.2015 at 19:24

Well I agree with the Square thing... it's... not very nice, actually, it's horrible and seems like the band just botched their merchs. But honestly, V-necks ? Fuck that lol. I mean sure those who want some, go ahead why not, but ... eeeww not for me.

Yeah i agree, fuck v-necks! it seems to be trendy around here these days, particularly with my fellow surfers, it makes me want to vomit on them. Each to there own i suppose.

I myself can NEVER find a band shirt that's fits properly. I'm 6'3, reasonably skinny, and they are always too short at the waist or arms. Now days i find i have to just go for XXL, it looks a bit long and gangster, but at least it's comfortable.
27.04.2015 - 04:12
Amy

I don't like the lack of small sizes for most sizes. I'm not asking for chick tshirts because those are not what I want. I want kids sizes, not onesies (ask me about that if/ when I get pregnant) but actual youth small, medium, large of the original shirts. It would be more helpful that having women's apparel and that way If I find a cool looking band shirt it won't fit like a dress. Hate having to sacrifice design for fit.
----
\m/
27.04.2015 - 11:49
no one
Account deleted
After complaining about my band t shirts always shrinking, my wife just pointed out that the surf t shirts i rarely buy are pre shrunk cotton. Maybe that's whats wrong,...materials budget.
23.05.2015 - 05:04
-Morbid-

I've always hated band shirts that have a picture of the band on them, unless it's something like GWAR or maybe Immortal.

I like the logos or album covers or something, not a bunch of pissed off looking hairy dudes.
06.06.2015 - 12:20
ANGEL REAPER

I just to state that V-neck shirts can go to hell! What a load of crap those are.

For the rest of the rant i agree ,also the fact that you cant find smaller sizes easilly.Im a skinny dude, so most of shirts i find are way too big to look nice on me. Also why is nobody printing classic album covers/bands anymore (well at least where i live that is)? I had to manually print Bathory shirt and it turned out ugly (fuck that fat fuck who did the printing job) .I would really want a proper print quality and from stuff i buy.

Once again fuck V-neck shirts!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.06.2015 - 21:24
Rasputin

Black is a very boring color for a shirt, and the older I get the less I want to wear Metal shirts, maybe because I realized that I am not a walking billboard (vests/jackets with patches are a perfect example of that) and maybe because the "uniform" is too uniform.

I don't know about you, but most bands buy the cheapest shirts possible, whose quality is lacking, and after only few washes it looks like crap, or in some cases it shrinks. We need also more sleeveless shirts.
07.06.2015 - 00:39
no one
Account deleted
DEATH TO THE V!!
08.06.2015 - 15:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 07.06.2015 at 00:39

DEATH TO THE V!!

Totally death to the V and also detah to sleeveless shirts.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2015 - 15:11
toxx
Supreme being
I never buy or wear sleeveless shirts. I prefer V-neck t-shirts though, but it seems most merchandise has a round neck. I think it's pretty cool with full prints. Not that square shit, but prints that cover a bigger part of the shirt. Behemoth has a lot of pretty good merch when it comes to large prints and good artwork. Other than that I also think it's pretty cool when it's minimalistic. In the other end of the scale. Just a small logo or something.
16.06.2015 - 18:23
laykie

16.06.2015 - 18:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
I rarely wear band shirts these days. I used to rock them everyday when I was younger and absolutely despised those square shirts. I actually don't think I own one of those.
----