Metal Storm logo
Metallica - the 90s albums

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 26.02.2007 - 10:36
I'm just curious to know which 90s metallica is dearest to you. in my opinion, Load is the last great album that Metallica did. Although the speed & thrash days are gone, Load is still a really good rock album, with good musicianship and good lyrics. After this, "their ship began to sink". Reload is half good, half uninspired. Garage Inc. is another covers album which many Metallica fans did not need. S & M is a good live album. IMO, the album is not spectacular but just musically correct.

Feel free to contradict me, I was subjective after all I'm looking forward to your opinions.

Poll

Which is your favourite 90s Metallica album?

Metallica (the black album) - 1991
Garage Inc - 1998
S & M - 1999
Load - 1996
Reload - 1997

Total votes: 146
20.04.2011 - 07:18
blacktooth85
The Black Album is the only 90s Metallica album i like. Actually i hardly listen to that album.
20.04.2011 - 13:42
RavenKing
90s Metallica is like 90s Iron Maiden. Fucking garbage.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
20.04.2011 - 15:46
JD
Account deleted
The black album, it's the closest one to their old style, so I voted for it.
20.04.2011 - 17:07
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I quite like S&M. Nice take on some of their classic tunes. The only album they have from the 90's that I really despise is Reload. That's just gotta be one of the worst albums ever.
20.05.2011 - 16:33
Razorback
Metallica (the black album) ,S & M is great too.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
20.05.2011 - 16:49
Reza
Account deleted
Black album by far !
01.09.2011 - 00:34
Metal_4Ever
Black Album without 0,01% doubt.
03.09.2011 - 02:44
KMR
After a years Load is the only 90's album I see in my player. I wouldn't be honest with admiring the holy Black (have you noticed BLACK!) Album, so only thing I could spare about why I chose heresy - it's last album of M. where they feel confortable with their ideas. It's a solid piece of hard rock, not a metal wannabe easy going sound.
----
Nothing is sacred.
04.09.2011 - 06:30
edgethrasherx
By far the Black Album, mainly because it is the closest to metal or hard rock, unlike that other garbage
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
22.12.2012 - 11:57
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I actually had quite a fondness for the S&M album the last time i heard it. I thought the sound of the orchestra (composed by the great Michael Kamen out of all composers) made the songs come to life in a big way. I don't listen to Metallica much anymore, and I'm not sure if the album still holds up, so this is based off of nostalgia mostly.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
09.01.2014 - 03:06
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Lol

Black Album... It's not even a question. The others were boring imo..
09.01.2014 - 04:29
Sentinel65
Definitely the Black Album, the rest are shit other than S&M, which I actually did quite enjoy save for a few songs.
29.01.2014 - 18:05
I don't really like Metallica. Also, I haven't heard to all songs from those albums, so I didn't vote. However, I have to say that they are not all crap as some people claim.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter