Metal Storm logo
Amaranthe - New Video Online

Swedish-Danish metal band Amaranthe is showcasing everything its three singers have to offer in their new song "Digital World" by premiering a new video for it. This is one of the songs from their latest album, Massive Addictive. Opening with a heavy guitar riff, we get to hear Henrik Englund's death metal sound before Elize Ryd and Jake E come in with a catchy duet. Watch their latest video here.

Henrik Englund Wilhelmsson will become a father in the next month. However, this will take place during the band's USA/Canada tour, and therefore Henrik will unfortunately not be joining Amaranthe on this run. His temporary replacement will be Olle Ekman (Deals Death).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amaranthe
Posted: 12.05.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 114 users
12.05.2015 - 22:50
FYA
Destroyer
Their generic song. Maybe with more electronic, but still with this ,,Britney Spears" sound. Still wonder that THEY won a metalstorm album of the year once.
12.05.2015 - 23:34
Malignar
I have never heard of them and thought I read that they were death metal and then I listened to the song...ugh.
13.05.2015 - 00:25
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Coulda chosen a better song IMO.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
13.05.2015 - 00:25
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by FYA on 12.05.2015 at 22:50

Their generic song. Maybe with more electronic, but still with this ,,Britney Spears" sound. Still wonder that THEY won a metalstorm album of the year once.

Because most of their music is very good.
----
13.05.2015 - 14:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.05.2015 at 00:25

To deaf people maybe.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.05.2015 - 14:44
slim pickings
Account deleted
Three singers?! LOL

terrible song, shouldn't have bothered listening to it but that's what happens when curiosity gets the worst of me.
13.05.2015 - 15:36
Kalmari
Great song and video! Cheered up my day
13.05.2015 - 22:58
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.05.2015 at 14:03

To deaf people maybe.

I realize that people like you don't appreciate whenever poppier, more assessible music meets metal, but you can't deny that the band knows how to write catchy melodies and great vocal harmonies. They're a talented band, and they deserve all of the popularity they've gotten.
----
14.05.2015 - 08:59
FYA
Destroyer
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.05.2015 at 22:58

To deaf people maybe.

I realize that people like you don't appreciate whenever poppier, more assessible music meets metal, but you can't deny that the band knows how to write catchy melodies and great vocal harmonies. They're a talented band, and they deserve all of the popularity they've gotten.

Tosin Abasi is talented, Vladimir Cochet is talented, Devin Townsend is talented. Not Amaranthe.
15.05.2015 - 04:42
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by FYA on 14.05.2015 at 08:59

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.05.2015 at 22:58

To deaf people maybe.

Tosin Abasi is talented, Vladimir Cochet is talented, Devin Townsend is talented. Not Amaranthe.

I get it, you're a metal hipster, just like everyone else on MS. The temper tantrums you throw over bands like this won't make them any less popular, sorry. My advice would be: deal with it.
----
15.05.2015 - 15:08
FYA
Destroyer
And that's why metal music is going to collapse. More bands like Amaranthe and say goodbye to metal.
15.05.2015 - 20:13
Constantine
I liek teh singer. she so beuitiful <33333333
16.05.2015 - 22:58
musclassia
staff
I laugh at the idea that Amaranthe (and I suppose Blood Stain Child) are going to kill metal. As if metal has never broken the mainstream or ever been catchy. Don't kid yourself, almost everyone you encounter on the street don't know this band, and metal will never be popular enough that sufficient bands 'sell out' to achieve commercial acclaim and become wealthy. This shit is catchy and people who want 'pop' music with punch, catchiness, fun and such can accept this song and band is fun, and other people who might hope for that can dislike it for failing to deliver those things to them. For everyone who wants to defend true metal, I really couldn't care less; I like everything from underground post- and black to more mainstream metalcore as long as I enjoy it, spend less time caring about trueness and morality in music and just enjoy whatever you enjoy, there is a ton of awful shit going on in the world that makes the 'state of metal' totally irrelevant, and there are easily enough worthwhile bands operating in extreme metal and non-extreme 'true' metal to satisfy those 'alienated' by Amaranthe, BSC and anyone else doing 'pop' metal. Just enjoy what you enjoy and leave it at that, it'll make everything better
16.05.2015 - 23:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Indeed.
And for the record nothing will ever "kill" metal. All the subgenres ("trve" or not) will always keep existing no matter what =p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.05.2015 - 00:46
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by musclassia on 16.05.2015 at 22:58

I laugh at the idea that Amaranthe (and I suppose Blood Stain Child) are going to kill metal. As if metal has never broken the mainstream or ever been catchy. Don't kid yourself, almost everyone you encounter on the street don't know this band, and metal will never be popular enough that sufficient bands 'sell out' to achieve commercial acclaim and become wealthy. This shit is catchy and people who want 'pop' music with punch, catchiness, fun and such can accept this song and band is fun, and other people who might hope for that can dislike it for failing to deliver those things to them. For everyone who wants to defend true metal, I really couldn't care less; I like everything from underground post- and black to more mainstream metalcore as long as I enjoy it, spend less time caring about trueness and morality in music and just enjoy whatever you enjoy, there is a ton of awful shit going on in the world that makes the 'state of metal' totally irrelevant, and there are easily enough worthwhile bands operating in extreme metal and non-extreme 'true' metal to satisfy those 'alienated' by Amaranthe, BSC and anyone else doing 'pop' metal. Just enjoy what you enjoy and leave it at that, it'll make everything better

Great post. You should just post this in every MS thread ever created from here on out in order to silence all of the metal hipsters.
----
20.05.2015 - 01:31
musclassia
staff
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 20.05.2015 at 00:46

Great post. You should just post this in every MS thread ever created from here on out in order to silence all of the metal hipsters.

Hahaha, maybe I should post on here more often after I've been drinking for 8 hours - I'm just glad it's legible
24.05.2015 - 19:41
Not Britney... Lady Gaga Metal. Nice!

Hits total: 2286 | This month: 6