03. Demon Inside
04. War Creations
05. Empty Room
06. Among The Dreams
07. Back In Time
08. Arrival
09. Last Sacrifice
10. Final Pray [Japanese bonus]

In general I'm not too nice with the new Power Metal releases. It's not that I don't like the style, I like good Power Metal, but unfortunately a lot of those release never give anything new and original and it's quickly boring at the end. With their 3rd album, "Mortal Mind Creation", Celesty tried to change this trend, and well I can tell you that they knew how to do it!

On a side, it's Euro-Power Metal, so of course you'll be able to find all the ingredients of the style. Fast double bass drum, fast rhythms (in general) really technical guitars soli, and of course catchy choruses. However, "Mortal Mind Creation" is a bit different than the numerous albums that we're able to find nowadays. First, because all the songs are different and never follow the same musical structures and 2nd because it's not so commercial if you see what I mean. You'll be able to find fast powerful songs like "Lords Of Mortals" or ballads like "Among The Dreams" or stuff a bit more progressive (thx to the Keyboards) like "Demon Inside". All in all, "Mortal Mind Creation" is varied and really, believe me, it doesn't sound like some new cheesy Power Metal albums? there is work on this album, that's obvious.

Plus the performance of our six Finnish guys is really convincing, the voice of Antti is better and better with time, the songs are complex with good break and the general ambiance (which is not an "happy music" one) is really nice. With a good production, some good songs and a good performance of its musicians, "Mortal Mind Creation" is without any doubt the best album of Celesty. Evidently it's a matter of taste, if you don't like Power, you'll not like this release but if you like this kind of music, I hope that you'll not miss this new release.

Finally we're in front of a good album of Euro-Power Metal. "Mortal Mind Creation" is not a real revolution but all the songs of the release are incomparable and the quality is here! Of course if you don't like Power, this album will not be a cure but if, like me, you're extremely deceived nowadays by the general level of Power Metal, "Mortal Mind Creation" will be a great surprise for you. Well done Celesty, your 3rd album is a nice release and it's highly recommend to all the ones who like Power Metal.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 20.11.2006

Guest review by
Angelique
Rating:
As a hardcore power metal fan I had no choice but check out Celesty's newest album Mortal Mind Creation. Now I must confess, I have never been their biggest fan. I've always considered them as a mediocre power metal band with few really good songs but now this, I don't know if I should cry or laugh. To be honest I'm so tempted to start to rant about the whole state of power metal genre these days but I guess there are enough things in this album to whine about so I'll try to stick with it.

Read more ››
published 09.12.2006 | Comments (1)

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 36 users
27.02.2007 - 23:50
pnkhbo
Account deleted
awesome album
16.03.2007 - 08:54
The Voice
Account deleted
I dont understand why Celesty decided to make available "arrival" on their website, another cheesy catchy stupid song (thanks guys, but there s plenty of that) which dont represent their album at all! This is a great album! If they only believed in themselves a bit more we wouldnt have to deal with unoriginal refrains.

I want to be very critical cause they will dominate the metal scene pretty soon...as a prog/power band, but not yet. And about the 19 singer, he has a great future ahead of him.
12.11.2008 - 09:33
Eeric
Account deleted
Ultimately Celesty's best album. Other ones are bit boring.
04.01.2009 - 04:54
BlankFile

This band is lamme. Period.
22.12.2009 - 20:01
Rating: 9
-Mayhem-

This a great album but I also enjoyed the change they brought on Vendetta.

Hits total: 5065 | This month: 13