Thrash Here
24.09.2015 - 14:04
Rating: 10
Anconeus

Sick
24.09.2015 - 14:22
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Here's a band that can put up a hell of a live show but at studio wouldn't release a great album even if their lives depend on it.
24.09.2015 - 16:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 24.09.2015 at 14:22

Here's a band that can put up a hell of a live show but at studio wouldn't release a great album even if their lives depend on it.

They already released a thrash classic in the form of Alice In Hell and to a slightly lesser extent in the form of Never, Neverland.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.09.2015 - 19:12
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.09.2015 at 16:13

They already released a thrash classic in the form of Alice In Hell and to a slightly lesser extent in the form of Never, Neverland.

My bad, i should have mentioned that i was referring to their post-1990 stuff, which makes 25 years without releasing a pertinent album...
STILL, their live shows kick ass. I will pay to see them live any day.
24.09.2015 - 20:19
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 24.09.2015 at 19:12

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.09.2015 at 16:13

STILL, their live shows kick ass. I will pay to see them live any day.

Totally agree.

One great thing about Annihilator is they're absolutely awesome in live shows. But, you forgot that they have released one of the greatest debut ever. I love "Alice In Hell" and the follow up is equivalent stellar to its debut.

Even "King Of The Kill" is amazing but not up to the mark of first two records. So, they had their golden time in recording studios but now Annihilator is hanging in satisfactory tag of thrash bands.

Haven't check out new record but people giving me mixed reactions of this.
25.09.2015 - 00:58
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.09.2015 at 20:19

Totally agree.

One great thing about Annihilator is they're absolutely awesome in live shows. But, you forgot that they have released one of the greatest debut ever. I love "Alice In Hell" and the follow up is equivalent stellar to its debut.

Even "King Of The Kill" is amazing but not up to the mark of first two records. So, they had their golden time in recording studios but now Annihilator is hanging in satisfactory tag of thrash bands.

Haven't check out new record but people giving me mixed reactions of this.

Yeah i admit i forgot about Alice and Neverland, which believe it or not i like very much. But no album since then has captivated me in the same manner. If you compare them with for example, Exodus and Overkill, clearly Annihilator is nowadays a lesser player in thrash metal (but still better than Anthrax eheh).

On live shows i think we all agree. Even songs from the "Metal" album sound good live!
04.10.2015 - 15:47
Rating: 8
bearish

When the "Suicide Society" single was released, i thought it will be a "mediocre at best" album. But after the 4-5 listenings , it will become very good heavy/groove/thrash metal album for me. As a thrash fan, i should tell you this is not for "Love thrash, f.ck other genres" fans.
08.10.2015 - 16:19
jarfxxx

What a great band! I think Jeff should pick a vocalist with more aggressive style, something like Max Cavalera! (just imagining something crazy).:banger:
15.10.2015 - 07:00
Dr. Strawberry

Annihilator is nothing without Dave Davis, whichever album without DD is not listeneable. Jeff Water always omitted him to get all the credits.
17.10.2015 - 03:33
Rating: 5
Guib
Thrash Talker
Yeah so even after more spins... this is still boring to me. 5 it is.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.11.2015 - 20:49
Rating: 6
musclassia

This album is was totally not what I was expecting, having not listened to an Annihilator album after Never, Neverland. I mean, it was kinda enjoyable background music whilst it lasted, but I mean the first song coming out and sounding like a hit for some late 90s/early 00s popular hard-rock/metal band was not what I anticipated! Turned out that song was a bit unrepresentative of the album, but I still feel like only half of the album is what I would've associated with a classic thrash metal band. Got no idea how it holds up to recent albums from the band, but it sounded as totally inoffensive, mildly entertaining whilst it lasts but totally unnoteworthy as most thrash released these days does.
16.10.2018 - 19:00
Rating: 9
IcePickLodger

I can't understand all the negative comments to this record. I think it's great! the more I listen to it the more it grows on me. pure classic, catchy melodies, performance good as always. I also like Jeff's vocals...so there is nothing to complain here.

Hits total: 10110 | This month: 23