Metal Storm logo
Tristania - Departure Of Vibeke

Tristania is sorry to announce that Vibeke has decided to leave the band due to personal reasons. The band regrets this fact, but respect her decision and wish her all the best in the future.

Tristania is now looking to find a new female singer, as they are anxious to start touring and promoting the new album.

Please send demos, along with a recent photograph, to;

Tristania
Askeladdveien 12
N-4019 Stavanger
Norway

Source: tristania.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 28.02.2007 by Lord Grim

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 27 users
01.03.2007 - 09:25
Damned-In-Black

Not a good thing for Tristania, that's for sure... At least they managed one last decent release with her, after the fairly awful stuff on Ashes. It would have been a shame to end in that way.
01.03.2007 - 11:11
aya

Words cannot describe it....
wish i could see her in the live...
01.03.2007 - 13:58
Arrwyn

I honestly don't believe she is the new singer of Nightwish. She already cancelled a tour and a CD release date because of wanting to pursue the career as a teacher and she probably wants to go back to it now. Tristania was falling apart anyways, it was about time she got out of that boat.

If she was to be the new singer of Nightwish, I would be highly disappointed. Nightwish's new direction is very disappointing with their nu-metal/thrashy guitar riffs. I mean, "Wish I had an Angel" is one of the most sold out songs I have ever heard. And, you can't forget they're publishing a book about their biography. I mean, seriously...come on.
01.03.2007 - 14:35
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Me neither. Vibeke in Nightwish... A-a.

Anyway, I actually found out that it's pretty ironic - just as Tristania put Vibeke in front (on the cover of cd, all promo shots) like they were going for the ''female fronted band'', she left the band.

Sadness, pure sadness. They should have call quits after WoG.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
01.03.2007 - 23:54
flamesoficarus

It saddens me that she is leaving, but she must have had some good reasons to do so.

At first i thought that she would be going to Nightwish, but then i thought, if she couldnt tour alot with Tristania, then how could she be in Nightwish which would tour like 5 times as much.
02.03.2007 - 00:26
Revenant
Account deleted
Haven't liked the recent albusm but I really wanted to see them live. I doubt it's anytihng to do with Nightwish but I'd like it if it was.
02.03.2007 - 05:53
Noncorpus

i like all their albums.. but the middle 3 i like more at the moment.. but this is sad news for me
----
';'
06.03.2007 - 07:39
jadawal

Written by Arrwyn on 01.03.2007 at 13:58

And, you can't forget they're publishing a book about their biography. I mean, seriously...come on.

Whats the big deal about publishing a book about thereselves? They do have an interesting history, your just on the sudden nightwish hate crew.

And if you say they're just doing it for the money.....obviously...would I rather have more money..?...or less money? hmm....

But shitty news on vibeke, r.i.p tristania
11.03.2007 - 16:00
Noncorpus

Written by jadawal on 06.03.2007 at 07:39

Written by Arrwyn on 01.03.2007 at 13:58

And, you can't forget they're publishing a book about their biography. I mean, seriously...come on.

Whats the big deal about publishing a book about thereselves? They do have an interesting history, your just on the sudden nightwish hate crew.

And if you say they're just doing it for the money.....obviously...would I rather have more money..?...or less money? hmm....

But shitty news on vibeke, r.i.p tristania

i feel on the matter of money, just because a band makes money doesn't mean they will become so addicted to money that they'll do things just for the money.. but it can happen, even just to single members.. but i feel tristania needs to exist, weather they make lots of money or not. i am thankful for all they have made me feel
----
';'
12.03.2007 - 20:44
Slyfang

Written by Darth Satanious on 28.02.2007 at 16:38

Can it be more obvious? Vibeke is the new singer of Nightwish.

why the F*#! would she prefer Nightwish to Tristania?! doesn't make any sense at all.. if she won't be in Tristania, then why any other band?
20.03.2007 - 20:25
Kurzag
Account deleted
According to the Norwegian newpaper Dagbladet and the Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat. Vibeke have beem one of the candidates to be the new Nightwish singer for a long time.
21.03.2007 - 05:15
Bitch Boy

Ernotar said that Darth Satanious and the Nightwish thread were quoted today in a Finnish newspaper. They said that the rumours about Vibeke joining Nightwish are false.
21.03.2007 - 14:30
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
the begin of the ending...
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
22.03.2007 - 03:10
Mother_North

ok who's next? simone leaving epica? or cristina leaving lacuna coil?
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
22.03.2007 - 13:54
Anton Alcolust

hmmm bad new
now , without morten and vibeke , it's not the same band ...
----
A.M.S.G.
19.04.2007 - 08:32
Oracle
Orcinus
I was so shocked when i heard about Vibeke leaving Tristania. Tristania will never be the same without her
And she not joining Nightwish, she left for personal reasons.
09.06.2007 - 20:43
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
God! 2007 is such a bad year for female vocalists, also thank god she didnt join nightwish...
----

Hits total: 5631 | This month: 7