Metal Storm logo
The Most Storied Metal Band

21.05.2006 - 23:00
Horlequism
Account deleted
There are a lot of metal bands out there with rich histories. These bands usually happen to be influential in pionering sub-genres. Death, Deicide, Bathory, Venom, Dream Theater, Watchtower, Metallica...so, which one do you think is the most storied and has the most richest history in metal...
21.05.2006 - 23:06
danzig111
Account deleted
Ummmmm what about Mayhem? would they count?
21.05.2006 - 23:37
Horlequism
Account deleted
Mayhem definetly counts...they're really storied...also, all the Norwiegian black metal bands I would guess are pretty storied...the ones that helped develop the norwiegan black metal sound....
21.05.2006 - 23:43
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Written by Guest on 21.05.2006 at 23:06

Ummmmm what about Mayhem? would they count?

Hell yes. Maybe not the most written of band, but certainly the most interesting...their discography reads like the script to a soap opera... I'm not a fan of theirs but DAMN is it entertaining.
22.05.2006 - 00:25
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
What about Stratovarius?

Or is this topic meant for a different kind of band stories?
22.05.2006 - 00:37
Trifixion
Account deleted
Yeah Mayhem definetly came to mind for me. Burzum had quite an interesting one as well
And Pantera also has quite a story behind them. I watched VH1's Behind The Music on them and it was VERY interesting.
22.05.2006 - 00:51
Horlequism
Account deleted
Written by Twilight on 22.05.2006 at 00:25

What about Stratovarius?

Or is this topic meant for a different kind of band stories?

You mean a real story or a story that they created for themselves? Or lyically based on a story? We'd be getting into something completely different...
22.05.2006 - 12:56
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
I mean all the fuss about Timo Kotipelto leaving and Timo Tolkki's addiction to alcohol and stuff. So yeah, a real story.
22.05.2006 - 13:00
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Yeah mayhem is a very storied band, i guess a lot that you hear about them may not be true..
22.05.2006 - 20:02
danzig111
Account deleted
What the fuck?!?!?! Kotipelto left?!?!

*cries*
22.05.2006 - 22:04
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Written by Guest on 22.05.2006 at 20:02

*cries*

Ehm. That was a year ago or something. They're reunited. But it was really a big drama and all.
22.05.2006 - 23:23
Dam3k

Burzum counts??
----

23.05.2006 - 00:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Paradise Lost, they are pioners of death/doom metal, and after them there was many bands who play but in nowdays moustly know are Paradise Lost, Anathema, Katatonia, Winetr, My Dying Bride.
And if we talking about doom metal history Black Sabbath, St. Virus, Witchfinder General, Candlemass, Count Raven, Thay counts in this tread?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2006 - 00:20
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Twilight on 22.05.2006 at 22:04

*cries*

Ehm. That was a year ago or something. They're reunited. But it was really a big drama and all.

I loved the Headbanged cartoon associated to that one

23.05.2006 - 02:36
bangladesh

Marilyn Mason have mutch stories! Or should i say rumors
24.05.2006 - 14:20
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Twilight on 22.05.2006 at 22:04

*cries*

oh well i wasn't really a fan of the band 1 year ago so i wouldn't have really known lol.
25.05.2006 - 03:31
Horlequism
Account deleted
Ahahaha....that Headbanged comic was awesome, I remember that one...really one of the best ones...that brings me to a point: the emotional bullshit that a band creates is not a story that they want to be remembered for...
26.05.2006 - 04:00
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
The band with the most stories behind it would be Mayhem and Burzum and that whole issue, there were alot of stories behind that, and the supposed churches they burned, and how Dead killed himself. So Mayhem and Burzum i would say have the most stories behind them.
28.05.2006 - 00:33
Daru Jericho

Written by Immortal Plague on 26.05.2006 at 04:00

The band with the most stories behind it would be Mayhem and Burzum and that whole issue, there were alot of stories behind that, and the supposed churches they burned, and how Dead killed himself. So Mayhem and Burzum i would say have the most stories behind them.

I agree with you, Burzum and Mayhem. All the murder, suicides not to mention that black metal cult thing Euronymous had etc. So many different stories and rumours, conspiracy theories and all sorts. Still, it's an entertaining story. Movie material, one could say.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

30.05.2006 - 03:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Motorhead. the lead singer was thrown out of 2 fairly big bands (hawkwind and sam gopals dream). but came through to be one of the most influencial bands. once dubbed "the worst band in the world" when they first started out. but still came out of all the bullshit to be known as a real legendary band.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.05.2006 - 08:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
THe most storied band is tough to pick out - all in all, I would have to say Ozzy simply because he was there with Sabbath at the birth of metal and has managed to adjust/reinvent his image and stay relevant for about 35 years now.

Starting metal, shocking folks in the US during Sabbath's initial tour, the death of Randy Rhodes, pissing on the Alamo, snorting ants, starting Ozfest, his family TV show, showing up at Republican dinners (Dubya "Ozzy, Mom loves your stuff!")... while some bands (i.e. the aforementioned mayhem) might have had some short lived mass sensationalism, NOONE has had the cultural impact The Wizard of Ozz has.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.05.2006 - 13:20
_HIV_

hah ... that should be mayhem the killing, church burning member replacments ... mayhem defenitly
31.05.2006 - 15:41
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 30.05.2006 at 08:58

THe most storied band is tough to pick out - all in all, I would have to say Ozzy simply because he was there with Sabbath at the birth of metal and has managed to adjust/reinvent his image and stay relevant for about 35 years now.

Starting metal, shocking folks in the US during Sabbath's initial tour, the death of Randy Rhodes, pissing on the Alamo, snorting ants, starting Ozfest, his family TV show, showing up at Republican dinners (Dubya "Ozzy, Mom loves your stuff!")... while some bands (i.e. the aforementioned mayhem) might have had some short lived mass sensationalism, NOONE has had the cultural impact The Wizard of Ozz has.

Yup...your right...Ozzy had all the advertising he needed...he was the most storied indeed
02.06.2006 - 01:43
Kami-Sama
Account deleted
Meh, what could I say, Ozzy is quite a show of. And Black Sabbath is really the origin of this. The ery first Metal band, it obviously has a lot of stories. Not only in the Ozzy era but in the Dio era. Back in that time (1970's) they were called satanist because their album had an inverted cross. lol , just lol.
02.06.2006 - 18:55
Hylia

Mayhem for sure,and Burzum.So much history behind them,you could write a whole book on that,well it's kind of been done in the Lords of Chaos but im sure they didn't get the full story.
07.06.2006 - 08:46
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
It must be Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
The guy went from junkie satanist, with the world against him, to full blown christian with a lovely wife and kids. And unlike Metallica, he is back to making good music. The System has Failed kicked ass.
01.07.2006 - 01:26
Pianoman
Account deleted
My vote goes to Mayhem and Burzum. Is the most controversial history.
The cult of antichrist death metal and the burn of churches are very scary and impressive histories.
13.08.2006 - 11:48
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Iron Maiden,definitely,almost every genre was influenced by them in some way...
23.08.2006 - 14:21
Iris
Account deleted
Definitely Mayhem with Burzum!!!
Could we also say Children Of Bodom,because of the story they were influenced by???
23.08.2006 - 14:44
Iris
Account deleted
Definitely Mayhem with Burzum!!!
Could we also say Children Of Bodom,because of the story they were influenced by???