Metal Storm logo
Help finding bands/songs names

12.06.2015 - 00:41
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I don't know if there's already a topic for this, I just browsed this subforum so, if there is already, redirect me to it =p

So, I sort of created this for an egocentric purpose, but instead of creating an useless thread that will never be used again, I thought I could make this a place where everyone can ask about a specific band that you're trying to remember a band's name you heard long ago but can't, or when you just know a song in particular and don't have the band's name, anyway whatever the case that is.. Post here. The most information you can remember about it to share, the better. Let's see if we can help.

TLDR:, and if I didn't make myself clear enough: This topic isn't about finding new bands to hear, is about remembering the name of a band/song you've heard but forgot.

Anyway,
In my case I'm looking for a band which supposedly plays industrial black metal, the cover had shades of green, with a guy wearing a gas mask (or perhaps more than one, could be a band's photo) on the front.
However they didn't sound very industrial sound-wise, very little actually.
I'm 100% sure the name of the band had one word not very big and not very small, like a word with around 10 letters, I think
Also I'm about 70% sure the initial letter was either 'N' or 'H'. Also it wasn't a well known band.
Apart from that I can't remember much, perhaps anyone knows them?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
11.01.2016 - 00:08
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yeah, it started with N...
It was Nihternnes - The Dawning Of A new Era.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
20.10.2021 - 23:52
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
I'm looking for an album with this cover art:

I could only find "Tango Saloon" as a band, but I thought the band was different, or am I wrong?
21.10.2021 - 00:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by F3ynman2000 on 20.10.2021 at 23:52

I could only find "Tango Saloon" as a band, but I thought the band was different, or am I wrong?

I guess it's indeed the band name. The album is there on their discography
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.10.2021 - 20:18
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Karlabos on 21.10.2021 at 00:44

I just thought I saw some black metal album with this cover art, but it was a different band.
It showed up when I was watching a Rotting Christ album on YouTube. Now I can't find it again.
22.10.2021 - 21:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by F3ynman2000 on 22.10.2021 at 20:18

I just thought I saw some black metal album with this cover art, but it was a different band.
It showed up when I was watching a Rotting Christ album on YouTube. Now I can't find it again.

Maybe it's just the case when the video uploader posts it with a random pic?

I used to believe Mogwai had an album cover of a girl with a fish tank for a helmet, but it turns out it was just an unrelated pic on a Mogwai video.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.10.2021 - 22:01
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Karlabos on 22.10.2021 at 21:44

Written by F3ynman2000 on 22.10.2021 at 20:18

Maybe it's just the case when the video uploader posts it with a random pic?

I used to believe Mogwai had an album cover of a girl with a fish tank for a helmet, but it turns out it was just an unrelated pic on a Mogwai video.

Maybe
24.10.2021 - 18:22
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Yo! I found that album with the same cover art! It's Necromantia's Crossing the Fiery Path!

And as a comparison: Tango Saloon's album
14.01.2022 - 11:28
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Hey, can anyone tell me which song has this part where there is a high-pitched taunting voice saying "You are insane" repeatedly?
I forgot where I had heard it. I find that taunting voice really annoying, but I was just curious what song that was from
14.01.2022 - 14:30
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Ok it was on Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath - Nightmare. The rest of the song is amazing, but that playground-taunting is such an annoying part
08.12.2022 - 09:53
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro

The beginning notes (the immediate first seconds of that opening riff) of this song I could've sworn I've heard before. I've tried Deathspell Omega but couldn't find it. Does anyone know?