Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - Release Details About New Album

Finnish metallers Amorphis have just released some details about their upcoming album. The album will be called Under The Red Cloud and is due to be released on the 4th of September. Check out the tracklist and the mesmerizing cover artwork by Valnoir Mortasonge below!

"The album is titled Under The Red Cloud and the artwork is done by Valnoir Mortasonge," guitarist Esa Holopainen states. "Valnoir is well known from his works for Laibach, Paradise Lost, Watain, Behemoth and many more. It was a great pleasure to work with him as he catched the lyrical topics really well. Colors and details describe the music perfectly."

Tracklist:
01. Under The Red Cloud
02. The Four Wise Ones
03. Bad Blood
04. The Skull
05. Death Of A King
06. Sacrifice
07. Dark Path
08. Enemy At The Gates
09. Tree Of Ages
10. White Night
Bonus tracks (digipak & 2LP):
11. Come The Spring
12. Winter's Sleep

The album can be pre-ordered right here.

Esa Holopainen added: "Under The Red Cloud is produced by Jens Bogren who did amazing job with the album. There's a lot's of elements in the songs but every note and element is in perfect harmony so that the result is fucking heavy and melodic. All I can say is that Under The Red Cloud will be in my personal Top 3 Amorphis albums that we've ever done."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 15.06.2015 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 193 users
15.06.2015 - 16:18
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Dkjfl csiurvg uzrdgkuhbsfkuzhkughzluo;rfhauorehguorhng;kjdshfouhrougidlifhlfdzhjlnfd
*compose self* Looking forward to this release.
15.06.2015 - 16:32
Netzach
Planewalker
staff
Interesting cover art. Not the usual stuff. Hope it reflects the music too, this band has stagnated a bit the last few albums imo. More of the same is better than nothing though.
15.06.2015 - 17:05
God Alone
Amazing cover art, unmistakably "valnoiresque".
15.06.2015 - 18:18
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Nice. if the music dont let me down, i shall get the lp for sure
----
loves 小巫
15.06.2015 - 20:03
HyperDrifter
Circle was great! Looking forward to new Amorphis
15.06.2015 - 21:34
Gothmog_Motsham
I sense some psychedlicness in the artwork If anything I'll be expecting some funky keyboard solos to match that artwork
15.06.2015 - 21:47
Feng
I'm not an Amorphis fan, but I really like this cover artwork. Stands out!
15.06.2015 - 22:24
musclassia
staff
Oh man, that is an intriguing artwork - definitely a different vibe to the nature-tinged artworks of their previous Joutsen albums, like others said pretty psychedelic. I wonder whether that'll be reflected in the music - might be an interesting way to try and differentiate this from the previous few which, whilst all great, have occupied a pretty similar sonic landscape. Joutsen-era Amorphis has failed to disappoint me yet, I don't doubt I'll enjoy this - it all comes down to how it stands up to its predecessors, and Circle is a tricky act to follow. The song titles aren't quite as intriguing as those on previous albums but to be honest they're pretty irrelevant if the music is up to scratch.
16.06.2015 - 02:43
Wukk
Why does a difference in album artwork or song titles always lead people to predict a difference in musical direction?
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
16.06.2015 - 11:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I have to say that the level of detail on the cover is mind blowing. Like the guy opening up his arms. Wow that will make a really good LP.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.06.2015 - 09:04
Svetopolk
Feels good to see a cover not made by Seth Siro Anton.
----
None above. None equal.
19.06.2015 - 04:11
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Awesome news! Looking forward to the new album!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
19.06.2015 - 22:43
nb
Cover looks awesome. This guys have come up with very consistent music since Eclipse.

Hits total: 3402 | This month: 6