Metal Storm logo
Morbid Angel - Reunite With Steve Tucker, Yeung Out, David Vincent Denies Exit

A lot seems to be happening in the Morbid Angel camp and changes are afoot. A few hours ago, guitarist/keyboardist Trey Azagthoth announced that he was working on the next Morbid Angel record with bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker, who apparently is back in the band. Later on, drummer Tim "The Missile" Yeung released a statement announcing he is out of the band. Reports started flowing around that frontman David Vincent was also out of the band. However, Vincent has released a statement denying that he has left the band or was asked to leave.

Steve Tucker originally replaced Vincent in 1997.

Trey Azagthoth's message on the band's Facebook page: "Update! Trey is excited to announce that he and Steve Tucker are working together again for Morbid Angel and the next record will certainly be an amazingly sick world beater. Hi5!"

Through his publicist, Morbid Angel frontman, David Vincent, issued the following statement: "I am aware of Trey Azagthoth's announcement of a collaboration with Steve Tucker on new music. However, the inference that I have left Morbid Angel is incorrect. To be clear, I have not left Morbid Angel nor have I been asked to do so."

Drummer Tim Yeung confirmed to Blabbermouth that he's out of the band: "I've been waiting to break the news for a while about this. Now seems like the proper time to do so. As some of you know there have been some lineup changes with Morbid Angel. Unfortunately, due to financial differences, I will not be continuing with them. It has been a great five years being involved with Morbid Angel. I've met a ton of great people all over the world, played some amazing shows, and have a ton of great memories as well as stories. I wish Trey and Morbid Angel all the best. As for myself, I'm always up for the next opportunity life throws my way."

So, if Steve Tucker is back and David Vincent hasn't left the band, what gives? We will keep you posted on what is happening but for now, it is still unclear if the band will move on without David Vincent or if we will have two Morbid Angels in the future? Maybe it was all a misunderstanding.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 16.06.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 168 users
16.06.2015 - 12:54
Daniell
_爱情_
Quote:
two Morbid Angels in the future?

Two techno albums instead of one? Count me in!
16.06.2015 - 12:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Daniell on 16.06.2015 at 12:54

Quote:
two Morbid Angels in the future?

Two techno albums instead of one? Count me in!

lol This is confusing! Maybe they are all working together, Tucker, Vincent and Trey on a new techno double album
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.06.2015 - 13:19
Daniell
_爱情_
I'm sure it will be Too Extreme!
16.06.2015 - 13:33
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
After 'Illud Divinum Insanus' I am not surprised at all.
16.06.2015 - 14:28
Pigsticker

The first time I heard Illvd DiviniVm, I thought someone at the store replaced my copy with a Combichrist remix album. I love Combichrist but I was hoping to hear Death Metal
16.06.2015 - 17:18
FYA
Destroyer
Written by Pigsticker on 16.06.2015 at 14:28

The first time I heard Illvd DiviniVm, I thought someone at the store replaced my copy with a Combichrist remix album. I love Combichrist but I was hoping to hear Death Metal

Well, you sir definitely don't know Combichrist, cuz last album isn't so ,,techno", it's more Fear Factorish than TBM.
16.06.2015 - 17:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Daniell on 16.06.2015 at 13:19

Correction.

TWO Extreme!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.06.2015 - 00:01
Ankläger

Written by BitterCOld on 16.06.2015 at 17:35

Written by Daniell on 16.06.2015 at 13:19

Correction.

TWO Extreme!

*dying*
17.06.2015 - 11:09
MikeVonDoom

This David Vincent / Steve Tucker story is like having Mangini behind the drums on some Dream Theater new album and Mike Portnoy producing it!
17.06.2015 - 20:59
Dave FC

Next album's title: Joke. I'm sure
18.06.2015 - 03:49
Lord_Regnier

Written by Pigsticker on 16.06.2015 at 14:28

All I know of Combichrist is the music they made for "DMC:Devil May Cry" but God I hate it. I have to turn the music off every time I play the game.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
18.06.2015 - 21:34
Kub

I hope this is not a sign of return to boring Tucker albums. The last one was a breath of fresh air, but knowing how people reacted to it it would not surprise me if Trey goes where the money is and releases another "safe" album for broader death metal audience.
19.06.2015 - 13:23
Daniell
_爱情_
Classic lie - "I was leaving anyway"
20.06.2015 - 03:19
Rapid Fire

Written by Dave FC on 17.06.2015 at 20:59

Next album's title: Joke. I'm sure

Nice one

On a serious note, after an awful album, many years passed since their last good one and now all this big drama, I don't know what to expect next, but for sure nothing good. Hope I'm mistaken...
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
20.06.2015 - 06:01
Desert Father

Disco D is gone!
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus

Hits total: 2783 | This month: 4