Metal Storm logo
Whispered - Premiere Video For New Single

As they prepare their new album, extreme power metallers Whispered have released a video for their new single "Sakura Omen" to be featured in their upcoming album. The single has been released digitally with one bonus track, Megaman X - Boomer Kuwanger stage theme. Enjoy!

The new album is scheduled for release at the end of 2015.

Single cover art by TOK

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Whispered
Posted: 18.06.2015 by Ap46

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 80 users
18.06.2015 - 14:57
Kais

I love how the Finns perceive the Japanese folk riffs to be so violent and raw. I think it's a rad concept.
I like the growling a bit less, but that's a matter of taste.
18.06.2015 - 15:38
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Kais on 18.06.2015 at 14:57

I love how the Finns perceive the Japanese folk riffs to be so violent and raw. I think it's a rad concept.
I like the growling a bit less, but that's a matter of taste.

I'm the same. I love all this music, but find the vocals to be terrible. I wish more bands with clean vocals performed this type of music.
18.06.2015 - 15:52
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Good to hear the folk elements back.
The last album had close to none if compared to the pthers. let's see what the next offers
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.06.2015 - 16:08
mz

Written by Karlabos on 18.06.2015 at 15:52

The last album had close to none if compared to the pthers. let's see what the next offers

Didn't know you like ext power.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.06.2015 - 16:45
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 18.06.2015 at 16:08

Didn't know you like ext power.

Normally not, but well if they have Japanese folk elements... =]
----
- Reimu Hakurei
18.06.2015 - 17:04
Ruchesko

Reminds me of their debut - still no return of the kickass keyboard solos, though.

Written by Karlabos on 18.06.2015 at 16:45

Normally not, but well if they have Japanese folk elements... =]

Have you listened to any of Undead Corporation's folk metal releases?
18.06.2015 - 18:20
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

Feels like a return to form for the band to me. This is exactly the progression I wanted to hear from the band after their debut but never got it in Shogunate. Only thing I didn't like is the Dimmu-copy stuff towards the end of the track. Hoping for a kickass album this time around!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.06.2015 - 18:21
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Ruchesko on 18.06.2015 at 17:04

Reminds me of their debut - still no return of the kickass keyboard solos, though.

Agree, hopefully those will come back at least in some form in the new album...
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.06.2015 - 20:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ruchesko on 18.06.2015 at 17:04

Written by Karlabos on 18.06.2015 at 16:45

well if they have Japanese folk elements... =]

Have you listened to any of Undead Corporation's folk metal releases?

I've checked one or other Undead Corporation's releases since I was looking for touhou melodic death with actual touhou melodies (which I never found btw)
but I don't recall any folk elements on them. Of course, the discography is extense, I could have picked unfortunate examples. If you have any specific albums in mind...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
18.06.2015 - 22:36
Pizzor
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 18.06.2015 at 20:22

I've checked one or other Undead Corporation's releases since I was looking for touhou melodic death with actual touhou melodies (which I never found btw)
but I don't recall any folk elements on them. Of course, the discography is extense, I could have picked unfortunate examples. If you have any specific albums in mind...

Oni Togizoushi (鬼伽草子) and Benisome no Oni ga Naku (紅染の鬼が哭く) are their folky touhou albums, plus Umi no Kaze Roku no Hana (海の風 陸の花) which is a folky, instrumental KanColle album.
24.06.2015 - 23:31
b0sse

Back to form, it seems.
I still don't think they can top their debut album though, it was a masterpiece.
Glad they strayed away from the symphonic sound off their previous release Shogunate Macabre for this new upcoming release.

Hits total: 2652 | This month: 4