Metal Storm logo
Rage - New Line-Up Revealed

Peter "Peavy" Wagner and Victor Smolski of Rage declared the end of their musical collaboration at the beginning of February 2015. Since André Hilgers also had to leave his place behind the drums, rumors were running high and there was even talk about Rage would call it quits. Though Peavy made it clear that the new line-up of the band was already positioned, the names of his new band mates remained untold. Now the wait has come to an end - the new line-up of Rage has been revealed. The new studio album is about to be finalized and will be released in spring 2016.

Line-up:

• Peter "Peavy" Wagner - Vocals, Bass
  • Marcos Rodriguez - Guitars, Vocals
  • Vassilios "Lucky" Maniatopoulos - Drums, Vocals

"There were quite a couple of proposals from established musicians, but this wasn't what I was looking for", comments Wagner. "I wanted to have a real band again with all members pulling in the same direction."

Marcos Rodriguez was born in Venezuela and is living currently in Antwerpen, Belgium. The 36-year old guitarist is a die-hard fan of Rage and met Peavy on Rage's 30th anniversary tour, when he was supporting parts of the tour with his own band Soundchaser.

Vassilios "Lucky" Maniatopoulos has so far primarily made an appearance as the vocalist of the band Tri State Corner. He was a former drum student and drum technician of ex-Rage and now Tri State Corner/Refuge drummer Christos Efthimiadis and also long-time friend of Peavy.

Black In Mind 20th Anniversary Tour 2015:

14.11.15 - GER - Weissenhäuser Strand/Metal Hammer Paradise
    27.11.15 - GRE - Athens/Kittaro
    28.11.15 - GRE - Thessaloniki/Eightball
    29.11.15 - BUL- Sofia/Mixtape 5
    05.12.15 - SUI - Pratteln/Z-7
    06.12.15 - NED - Landgraaf/Oefenbunker
    11.12.15 - AUT - Vienna/Viper Room
    12.12.15 - CZE - Zlín/Masters Of Rock Café
    13.12.15 - GER - Markneukirchen/Warwick Music Hall
    18.12.15 - ESP -Valencia/XMas Metal Fest
    19.12.15 - GER - TBA
    20.12.15 - GER - Bochum/Zeche

Source: nuclearblast.de
    Band profile: Rage
  • Posted: 18.06.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 3   Visited by: 79 users
    19.06.2015 - 00:16
    DeathSlyzer
    I am sure I read an update on here that said "Rage - Calls it quits" a while ago. This was unexpected. I don't have super high expectations for the new album, but we'll see.
    ----
    I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
    What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
    19.06.2015 - 06:50
    mikeprado30
    Written by DeathSlyzer on 19.06.2015 at 00:16

I am sure I read an update on here that said "Rage - Calls it quits" a while ago. This was unexpected. I don't have super high expectations for the new album, but we'll see.

C'mon, Rage never disappoints
    ----
    BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
    19.06.2015 - 10:55
    s_t_s
    Rage will never die !

And Rage will surely still be underrated until Peavy passes away :/

Hits total: 1948 | This month: 7