Metal Storm logo
Morbid Angel - Part Ways With Guitarist Destructhor, Tucker Responds

Morbid Angel's line-up continues to crumble like a house of cards. Now, it's guitarist Thor Anders Myhren, aka Destructhor, that announces his departure. According to a statement revealed by Blabbermouth, Destructhor says the band wants someone local. He also says that he had already decided to leave the band to focus on Myrkskog. The returning frontman Steve Tucker has recently confirmed over Facebook that he doesn't know who will play the second guitar in the band.

Earlier this week, drummer Tim "The Missile" Yeung also left the band. And David Vincent denied that he was out of the band, leaving people confused. Morbid Angel haven't said anything about Vincent officially.

Destructhor said in a statement: "I would like to announce that I, Destructhor, as well am out of Morbid Angel. Due to issues of them wanting to work with someone more local. Actually pretty good news to me, since I personally decided to leave Morbid Angel after the last tour we did in Europe in November/December 2014. It is definitely time for me to move on with the Norwegian extreme act Myrkskog. This is where I truly belong and exciting things are happening! A new record is being released next year with coming tours, festivals and so on. So it's time to step it up and prepare for war with my Norwegian/Swedish brothers in Myrkskog. As for Morbid Angel, I wish them all the best with everything! It's been a lot of great experiences! No hard feelings at all and may the future bring us all to another dimension!"

Responding to fans over Facebook, Steve Tucker said: "Here are a few answers to questions that I keep getting asked... What's up with David? I don't have a fucking clue, and I don't think that I am the only one. Is Pete Sandoval coming back? I fucking wish that would happen! Will there be both myself and David in MA? Hahahahhahhahahaha. Sorry man I play death metal, so, NO. Who will play second guitar? Time will answer that one... And last but not least, will Warfather continue? Absolutely! We track the new album in 3 weeks at mana studios, with my brother Erik Rutan producing!"

[Thanks to psykometal for the tip!]

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 19.06.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 139 users
19.06.2015 - 12:46
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
I'm even more confused now
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
19.06.2015 - 13:33
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Chances are small for David to remain with the band... he is the puzzle's missing piece now.
19.06.2015 - 13:41
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Quote:
Will there be both myself and David in MA? Hahahahhahhahahaha. Sorry man I play death metal, so, NO.

That was brutal
19.06.2015 - 13:48
MikeVonDoom

Written by Hex_Omega on 19.06.2015 at 13:41

Quote:
Will there be both myself and David in MA? Hahahahhahhahahaha. Sorry man I play death metal, so, NO.

That was brutal

Nathan Explosion also said that!
19.06.2015 - 13:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The bright spot on the last album was Destructhor's songs, so this isn't good news for me to hear.
19.06.2015 - 13:53
MikeVonDoom

This sounds like the beginning of the end for Morbid Angel! Two bass players? How they will decide who take the place? Fighting? No drummer and now missing a guitar...
19.06.2015 - 15:20
J. N.
Account deleted
"We would like to issue an official statement that none of the members of The Monolith Deathcult are actually leaving Morbid Angel."
- The Monolith Deathcult
19.06.2015 - 15:24
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Hex_Omega on 19.06.2015 at 13:41

That was brutal

Hah....indeed
19.06.2015 - 15:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 19.06.2015 at 15:20

"We would like to issue an official statement that none of the members of The Monolith Deathcult are actually leaving Morbid Angel."
- The Monolith Deathcult

Trust Dekker and co to post a message like that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.06.2015 - 19:05
cossaisVendeurs

He can focus on Myrkskog now
19.06.2015 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Drama of the year so far .. splitting up next?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.06.2015 - 20:20
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2015 at 19:42

Well, for what we know, Trey and Steve are in the band and working on something so I'm sure they'll find plenty of musicians willing to play on Morbid Angel's next album. They ain't breaking up for sure.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
19.06.2015 - 20:24
Baz Anderson

This Myrkskog album has been a long time coming...
19.06.2015 - 20:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RaduP on 19.06.2015 at 20:20

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2015 at 19:42

Well, for what we know, Trey and Steve are in the band and working on something so I'm sure they'll find plenty of musicians willing to play on Morbid Angel's next album. They ain't breaking up for sure.

band many cases are line up ... maybe now its time for Morbid Avanger
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2015 - 01:40
Maco
Pvt Funderground
David Vincent is out
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
20.06.2015 - 12:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by deadone on 20.06.2015 at 12:21

Written by Maco on 20.06.2015 at 01:40

David Vincent is out

Ha, what a clusterfuck.

Here's hoping Trey will have a musical epiphany in all this shit fest and come out with a great MA album. Wishful thinking, I know.

When was the last time MA have released a truly great album? Some would say Covenant or Formulas Fatal To The Flesh but I beg to differ and would say their last great album was Blessed Are The Sick. Everything after that had one or two great songs on it but the rest of the songs would be mediocre.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2015 - 12:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by deadone on 20.06.2015 at 12:29

Domination for me but I'm a mainstream groove metal whore.

What does Domination have to do with mainstream groove? It is still 100% death metal that album and nothing mainstream about it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2015 - 12:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Where The Slime Live is an awesome song off Domination. Shame the other songs don't get anywhere near that level.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2651 | This month: 4