Metal Storm logo
David Vincent - Releases Statement, No Longer Working With Trey Azagthoth

So, it seems like everyday now we have news about someone leaving Morbid Angel. First, it was drummer Tim Yeung and then guitarist Destructhor. Following all the confusion around who is fronting the band these days as both Steve Tucker and David Vincent claimed to be part of the band, the latter now released a statement.

David Vincent says: "I had good communication with Trey yesterday and we agree that there are incompatibilities with regards to us working together. Trey and I have accomplished amazing things together over the past 30 years and I wish him the best with his future projects. Out of respect for the legacy of these accomplishments, I encourage Morbid Angel fans to not take sides because, I am not. I look forward to sharing my new endeavors with all of you in the near future. Until then, stay Morbid!"

It seems that Tucker will be the one to appear on Morbid Angel's follow-up to Illud Divinum Insanus. David Vincent implied that he is out of the band and will focus on new projects. Apparently, Trey Azagthoth and Steve Tucker are the only members in the band right now. What are your thoughts on this?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 20.06.2015 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 206 users
20.06.2015 - 14:09
Czesiek_Alcatraz

Morbid Angel soap opera, episode 2357
20.06.2015 - 15:52
qlacs
"The Quaker"
At least he didn't go crybaby about it.
----
20.06.2015 - 16:11
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Too bad... I do not know if he was the one responsible for the direction the band took on the last album (considering the fact that he has been involved in industrial music), however as a vocalist I did prefer him over Steve Tucker. The last album Steve did with Morbid Angel was shit too (though not as deplorable as IDI). Just get Pete Sandoval back in at least...
20.06.2015 - 16:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 20.06.2015 at 16:11

Just get Pete Sandoval back in at least...

He will never return given the fact he is a born-again Christian.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2015 - 16:40
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2015 at 16:19

That depends if he left because of it or if they kicked him out because of it.

Tom Araya claims to be Catholic, hasn't stopped him from doing Slayer. And Head left KoRn because he found Jesus, and he returned after some years. I've never stopped being a Christian and I've not let that stop me from loving all manner of metal blasphemy.

We Christians can be a silly bunch.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

20.06.2015 - 17:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by psykometal on 20.06.2015 at 16:40

Tom Araya claims to be Catholic, hasn't stopped him from doing Slayer. And Head left KoRn because he found Jesus, and he returned after some years. I've never stopped being a Christian and I've not let that stop me from loving all manner of metal blasphemy.

Pete first of all because of him becoming a Christian and also said numerous times in interviews that he will never return due to the Satanic nature of Morbid Angel's lyrics and music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2015 - 17:08
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by psykometal on 20.06.2015 at 16:40

Well if Jesus would stop telling people that metal is evil and start telling us how to turn water into wine, we'd like him more
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
20.06.2015 - 17:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by RaduP on 20.06.2015 at 17:08

Well if Jesus would stop telling people that metal is evil and start telling us how to turn water into wine, we'd like him more

And teah us how to walk on water.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2015 - 17:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by RaduP on 20.06.2015 at 17:08

Metalheads have long hair. Jesus is depicted with long hair. Ergo, Jesus is a metalhead.
20.06.2015 - 17:22
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Related
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
20.06.2015 - 18:40
Ag Fox
Angel No More
He sounds pretty graceful about it. Classy
----
loves 小巫
20.06.2015 - 19:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Only returned for one album, a dubious one at that, so not shocking.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.06.2015 - 22:02
Kub

Bad news for Morbid Angel. All the Vincent albums are a class above the Tucker albums, even the so much hated Illud (which I loved as much as their first three LPs). Mixing industrial/techno with death/heavy metal was a cool direction, especially given some past indications of this direction on Covenant and Laibach remixes. It looks like Trey got scared of negative reaction from "old fans", which is understandable - his product needs to sell, in the end. I hope his new music will be still good, but man, Tucker's vocals are so bland and boring compared to Vincent's.
21.06.2015 - 17:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2015 at 17:06

Pete first of all because of him becoming a Christian and also said numerous times in interviews that he will never return due to the Satanic nature of Morbid Angel's lyrics and music.

Ah OK. I haven't seen any of these interviews.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

21.06.2015 - 18:33
Dr. Strawberry

Written by RaduP on 20.06.2015 at 17:22

Related

How did you get this illustration. This is extremely hillarious ! Classic !
21.06.2015 - 18:39
Dr. Strawberry

Not too bad. To me, Morbid Angel is only a popular band.

Hits total: 3910 | This month: 5