Metal Storm logo
Om

22.05.2006 - 00:14
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
This band is for those who thought that Sleep´s "Dopesmoker" was a mastepiece and YOB´ s "Unreal Never Lived" was a lesson in enlightenment. Om consists of Sleep members, Al Cisneros on bass/vocals and Chris Hakius on drums. They have released "Variations on a Theme" and "Conference of Birds", both being excellent, by the way. Om still isn´t a petty Sleep clone, they are different but basically share the same ideals in music - meditation, spirituality, enlightenment...and LOTS of weed.
22.05.2006 - 06:23
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Uku, I'm loving the threads you make

I have only one album - Variations On A Theme. I like them a lot because they have Hindu-esque themes etc. 'Om' is a ritualistic word, that Hindus often use and they are inculcated in many prayers etc. Awesome name for a stoner band

Now you could make threads fo Bongzilla, Abdullah, High On Fire, Orange Goblin etc. but I'm sure me, you and maybe a few others only would post something there
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
22.05.2006 - 06:48
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by CrypticMyth on 22.05.2006 at 06:23

Uku, I'm loving the threads you make

I have only one album - Variations On A Theme. I like them a lot because they have Hindu-esque themes etc. 'Om' is a ritualistic word, that Hindus often use and they are inculcated in many prayers etc. Awesome name for a stoner band

Now you could make threads fo Bongzilla, Abdullah, High On Fire, Orange Goblin etc. but I'm sure me, you and maybe a few others only would post something there

Oh common such a homely name and i hvnt heard this band yet someone suggest me an album?????
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
22.05.2006 - 06:59
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Try the album I have Variations On A Theme. It's really awesome!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
22.05.2006 - 12:19
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
"Conference of Birds" is equally good, if not even better. "At Giza" (the first song on that album) reminds me Pink Floyd´ s "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" quite a lot.
17.06.2006 - 01:05
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Variations on a Theme is good stuff, though I have to listen to it more. I'm picking up a Black Sabbath vibe too, but it's the stoner that does it
27.09.2007 - 21:08
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
The new album "Pilgrimage" is really good. Nothing really surprises but still I enjoy it very much. Sleep was the great beginning, Om and High on Fire are its brilliant offspring,
27.09.2007 - 22:07
Damnated
Churchburner
i really like this band, especially their epic approach to the genre
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.