Metal Storm logo
Riverside - Unveil New Album Cover Artwork

Polish progressive metal masters Riverside have just unveiled the stunning cover artwork of their upcoming studio album, Love, Fear And The Time Machine, and it can be seen below. You can expect 10 brand new songs on the album and over 60 minutes of brand new music in total.

Created by Travis Smith

Love, Fear And The Time Machine will be Riverside's sixth full-length studio album, and the band has stated earlier in the year that the album will not be "hard rock" anymore, according to vocalist Mariusz Duda. He was quoted on the band's official website, saying that: "Our sixth album, six words in the title, sixty minutes of new music, that's about how long the new release will be. And we won't be playing hard rock anymore."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Riverside
Posted: 23.06.2015 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 168 users
23.06.2015 - 21:51
musclassia
Staff
Ah man that is lovely. I don't know whether the hard rock part means closer to metal or losing all the heaviness, but either way I can't really imagine them disappointing me based on track record, very much looking forward to it whenever it comes
23.06.2015 - 21:52
Lethrokai
Probably some of my favourite artwork of the year so far, and very fitting for the band which it belongs to.

The change in sound will definitely throw some people off, I'm predicting. My guess is it'll be similar to Duda's other project "Lunatic Soul", with a more ambient take on prog rock. I wouldn't mind that, actually, considering how I absolutely loved Lunatic Soul's latest release last year.

That being said, I just hope that Riverside doesn't lose its own unique charm as a band, as can sometimes happen to bands who make major shifts in sound.

Looking forward to this nonetheless.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
23.06.2015 - 23:42
indexqwest
Another great cover by Travis Smith
23.06.2015 - 23:59
Well I sure am happy & ready to hear new Riverside, especially since they are playing ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta this September. I am a bit concerned about the "hard rock " comment because I thought their last album was bland & don't want them to continue in that direction at all. Second Life Syndrome, Anno Domini High Definition & Rapid Eye Movement are my 3 favorites by this band because they all had "balance" & stellar guitar work.
24.06.2015 - 11:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Looks beautiful indeed. Travis Smith is the boss. I can't wait to hear the new songs of course. I like that Riverside are always evolving, so I hope they do the same with this album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.06.2015 - 21:42
nb
Nice cover, looking forward to the album, Riverside rules!
26.06.2015 - 19:34
Amy
Ooh pretty colors... Hope the album is just as good too!
----
\m/

Hits total: 2051 | This month: 5