Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - New Album Details, Coming In September

My Dying Bride's newest opus and 12th full studio album is coming and will be called Feel The Misery, set for release on September 18th via Peaceville Records. With crushing epic doom spanning eight tracks, and featuring the return of original guitarist Calvin Robertshaw to the fold, this album is being described as "undoubtedly amongst the band's heaviest, darkest, and most majestic works to date, marking My Dying Bride's 25th anniversary in punishing style." You can feast your eyes on the album's striking cover art and tracklist below.

The title track will be the album's debut video.

Feel The Misery sees a return to the band's old haunt, Academy Studios in Dewsbury West Yorkshire for recording, where all of My Dying Bride's classic early albums were produced. Mixing once more takes place at Futureworks in Manchester UK with the band's long-time studio engineer/producer, Mags.

The band comments on the themes of Feel The Misery: "Contained within are all the grandeur and mastery of the melancholic one would expect to find on a recording from this group of musicians. The crushing of hearts and the solemn farewells to friends and lovers twinned with the destruction of flesh and the passions of cruelty are laid neatly for the listener to devour and savor. Eight new compositions detailing the path of life through dark doors and the burdens we all must endure simply to make it to the end, My Dying Bride have returned with a foreboding new album which may enlighten, delight and consume the soul in one epic sitting."

Tracklist:
01. And My Father Left Forever
02. To Shiver In Empty Halls
03. A Cold New Curse
04. Feel The Misery
05. A Thorn Of Wisdom
06. I Celebrate Your Skin
07. I Almost Loved You
08. Within A Sleeping Forest

Feel The Misery will be released on CD, vinyl, plus a special edition 2CD/2x10" vinyl set in deluxe earbook format, with exclusive music and expanded booklet.

Source: mydyingbride.net
Band profile: My Dying Bride
Posted: 25.06.2015 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 147 users
25.06.2015 - 13:42
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Man.... MDB are one of my absolute favorite bands, but some of these song titles are lame as fuck.
The artwork is good, their best since TLATEOTW, and as always i hope for a great album.
And a majestic tour with Paradise Lost, Anathema and Katatonia.
25.06.2015 - 14:42
Ikuinen

Saw them live at Copenhell 20143 ... they had to stop their show before the last song, because of bad planning from the bookers

Hope to see them again live
25.06.2015 - 15:09
The Melting Snow

From the working titles they gave, i liked "I am now as death" the most. too bad it didnt make it to the final list.

I like the album cover. Simple and effective. Song titles are good too. Especially "To Shiver In Empty Halls" and "A Thorn Of Wisdom". Don't really like "I Almost Loved You" and "I Celebrate Your Skin".
25.06.2015 - 15:10
The Melting Snow

Written by Guest on 25.06.2015 at 13:42

TLATEOTW

Oh dear, that made me cringe for a while, and then laugh out loud.
25.06.2015 - 15:18
cossaisVendeurs

"And My Father Left Forever"

25.06.2015 - 16:57
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
"And My Father Left Forever" probably refers to Aaron's deceased father. Gorgeous artwork though I have limited hopes about this one... don't think that MDB are much of a competition now with Paradise Lost releasing their most impressive album since the mid 90s.
25.06.2015 - 19:34
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by The Melting Snow on 25.06.2015 at 15:10

Written by Guest on 25.06.2015 at 13:42

TLATEOTW

Oh dear, that made me cringe for a while, and then laugh out loud.

My bad lol

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 25.06.2015 at 16:57

"And My Father Left Forever" probably refers to Aaron's deceased father. Gorgeous artwork though I have limited hopes about this one... don't think that MDB are much of a competition now with Paradise Lost releasing their most impressive album since the mid 90s.

At a graspop's live stream interview, Aaron stated that this song was written before his father died, making it an unfortunate coincidence. He said also that this song will be very difficult to perform live, but since is one of the best tracks of the album, he doesn't have much of a choice but to sing it live...
MDB: depressing as always...
25.06.2015 - 20:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Artwork is really good. On the other hand though, if I check this out it will be my first MDB album.
25.06.2015 - 22:16
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
YESSSSSSS
25.06.2015 - 23:08
Pimpelmee
Amazing Mapman
This album cover actually fits (the old) Paradise Lost better. Too much color for MDB. But a nice cover it is.
26.06.2015 - 01:57
masterofdisguise

So excited for this
21.08.2015 - 23:21
Erik M.

Written by The Melting Snow on 25.06.2015 at 15:09

From the working titles they gave, i liked "I am now as death" the most. too bad it didnt make it to the final list.

I like the album cover. Simple and effective. Song titles are good too. Especially "To Shiver In Empty Halls" and "A Thorn Of Wisdom". Don't really like "I Almost Loved You" and "I Celebrate Your Skin".

Same here, man. Totally agree about the song titles too.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this one. The latest one was good for sure, but we haven't really had an amazing MDB album since SoD, WoL.

Hits total: 2584 | This month: 5