Metal Storm logo
The Black Dahlia Murder - Debut New Track

The Black Dahlia Murder have shared new music! The U.S. metallers will return with the anticipated, new full-length album Abysmal, which is officially set for a September 18th release via Metal Blade Records. As an introduction and first look into the record, fans can spin the track, "Vlad, Son Of The Dragon" here now. According to the frontman, you can expect a more dynamic sound on this album. How do you like the new song?

The band also re-enlisted the services of renowned producer Mark Lewis (Cannibal Corpse, Whitechapel) and former bass player Ryan Williams, who also helped produce Everblack.

The group are currently wrapping up a successful Australian tour with Psycroptic and Colossvs, which is immediately followed by a headlining European tour.

Trevor Strnad (vocals) states: "The new album, Abysmal, is true to The Black Dahlia Murder formula, but further down the evolutionary path we began with our Ritual release. It has bigger, more dynamic and developed songs. People can expect a more raw and natural sounding TBDM record. It's the most real and live sounding thing we've done since our debut. It has a real energy and urgency to it. We made a conscious effort of having a more lively and dynamic sound and I feel the result is truly excellent. What I hear is my band playing as they do live when I step off the stage at soundcheck. Therefore, this is the real TBDM incarnate. Expect a relentless world ravaging touring cycle from us for the next couple of years. You'd better start exercising your necks now!"

Tracklist:
01. Receipt
02. Vlad, Son Of The Dragon
03. Abysmal
04. Re-Faced
05. Threat Level Number Three
06. The Fog
07. Stygiophobic
08. Asylum
09. The Advent
10. That Cannot Die Which Eternally Is Dead

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: The Black Dahlia Murder
Posted: 25.06.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 65 users
25.06.2015 - 16:24
Hank80AF
Why this song remember me High School DxD?
25.06.2015 - 16:51
WinterMadness
I'll have to give this a listen when I get home...I've always considered these guys the Cradle of Filth of melodeath (and the overlapping fanbases confirm this) but they've never been terrible.
25.06.2015 - 16:57
Joe Zombie
Not bad.
26.06.2015 - 02:18
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Actually not half bad.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
26.06.2015 - 19:31
Amy
It's good stuff... Surprising
----
\m/
26.06.2015 - 19:55
Lit.
Account deleted
Why are people so surprised? Ritual and Everblack were real good albums, and if they're continuing the path, it'd make sense for this to be good.

Hits total: 1860 | This month: 8