04. Fuck Fashion
05. No Future/Nothing
06. Waiting For The Angels To Cry
07. Revolution
08. Once Again
09. Krossad
10. War
11. Dark Clouds

I don't even know how to start this review; damn I feel so incapable to describe the greatness of this album. I'll try to make this easy for you, these Finnish guys play an amazing kind of Grindcrust (Grindcore experimenting with Crust of course) yeah that sounds simple enough, now let's try harder shall we.

Våld is a band with huge qualities, their music is the most violent charge I've ever heard in my entire life, not even Gore or Brutal Death manages to create a true "I want to kill everyone in the government, I want to fucking feel free" this goes way beyond if you know what I mean, this is not mindless hostility as these guys actually have something to say and that alone makes Våld a great band.

Musically they are not prodigious or intricate at all, they just do truthful music and they offer better things than one hour solos or irregular beats, I love them for their crushing spirit and their deep concept not for their ability to make chromatic scales or whatever shit else. Although these guys do know how to write their music, they wrap the album in super-catchy beats and incredible intermezzos (both melodic and distorted ones), then they are smart enough to add armed structures and smooth spaces where each instrument has the chance to show itself to the audience.

This was the best half-hour of my life I guess, I don't give a fuck if I sound overeager or whatever, I've been in the reviews world for almost 3 years now and this might be the first time I enjoy an album this much, "Boycott Your Life" has to be heard by everyone in this world, it truly makes you think harder you know? You'll actually feel smarter after hearing this album believe me. I'm not sure if Våld intended to transmit those feelings but I'm totally overwhelmed by their power as musicians; I, as a reviewer, loved this album very much and here's my opinion as a musician: this is the kind of music I would like to play someday.

Best Tracks: the whole album hooked me, be smart and hear the entire thing.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 10
Production: 9

Written by Herzebeth | 22.05.2006

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 22 users
22.05.2006 - 01:11
__Az__

Wow... Looks like an amazing album... Ill do my best to check them out... Do they have a site? Would be useful if you could show that on all your reviews... As well as the genre
22.05.2006 - 01:17
__Az__

Just in the process of downloading some of their sample tracks... From http://www.boycottyourlife.tk/

Amazing... Your review is completely true Herzebeth
22.05.2006 - 01:33
Herzebeth

@_Az_: All the reviews have a link you just have to click in the name of the band and you'll see it my friend. I'm glad you liked both the review and the band.
----
22.05.2006 - 01:52
Der Meister
Account deleted
What do you mean? I can´t click on the band´s name. Why can´t you have it the old way with the link at the bottom of the review?
22.05.2006 - 03:13
__Az__

No... I cant click on the band name either Herzebeth.... Please explain...
22.05.2006 - 04:49
Herzebeth

that's weird, I'm sorry dudes but well Here's the link

Vald
and if that doesn't work then try this one:
Vald

there you'll find some mp3's, also you can check the forum there's a topic of these guys there as well
----
23.05.2006 - 00:13
Jezebel
Account deleted
This lbum was incredible..thank you herz for bringing this band to us.
23.05.2006 - 14:10
Lord Nifiel

Wow, sounds like something that needs to be heard really...
24.05.2006 - 23:47
Xxel
Account deleted
Våld is the swedish word for violence actually, the reason a finnish band has a swedish name is that a part of the finnish population speak swedish
25.05.2006 - 13:38
__Az__

Oh cool... Nice bit of info Xxel...

Hits total: 6483 | This month: 6