Metal Storm logo
Sunn O))) - In The Studio Working On New Album

Yes, Sunn O))) are finally recording a new album. After releasing splits, demos and several collaborations, fans will be pleased to know that the follow-up to Monoliths & Dimensions is being forged as we speak in the studio. The drone doom duo has been in Seattle for the last seven days and will emerge from this cave with their new album. Stay tuned for more info about it and start getting pumped!

Six years after the band released Monoliths & Dimensions, what are your expectations for the new album? You can hear 14 seconds of teasing here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sunn O)))
Posted: 07.07.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 97 users
07.07.2015 - 12:42
corrupt
With a lowercase c
corrupt likes this.
----
07.07.2015 - 13:52
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Oh fuck yes, this should be good. Was wondering when it would finally be coming. Very curious to see what they do with their sound after the massive incorporation of nonmetal elements to it on Monoliths & Dimensions. Whatever they do, more Attila plz
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
07.07.2015 - 15:01
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alakazam on 07.07.2015 at 14:30

I kinda would like to see them make a Black Two

That could be interesting indeed... although I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it if it didn't have some black metal guests on it as the first one did. I think that's what really made that album, and it's really not too much of a stretch to refer to it as "blackened drone" either
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
07.07.2015 - 19:50
Lit.
Account deleted
...And hopefully Scott Walker will stay as far away from this one as humanly possible.
07.07.2015 - 19:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 07.07.2015 at 19:50

...And hopefully Scott Walker will stay as far away from this one as humanly possible.

----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.07.2015 - 20:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Great fucking news!

Let it come. Let it come on this planet and change the layers of Earth from dronnnnnnning.
08.07.2015 - 00:15
no one
Account deleted
Still have to listen to most of their others first, only heard about 3 albums, i like black one the most i think, any others like that ?
08.07.2015 - 07:37
Opethian

08.07.2015 - 15:46
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 08.07.2015 at 00:15

Still have to listen to most of their others first, only heard about 3 albums, i like black one the most i think, any others like that ?

Not really, I would say Black One is actually pretty unique in its sound. Of course, it'd be interesting to see them attempt something like that again, but I think it'd be difficult to recreate. Sunn O))) rarely do something twice. If that album's your favorite though, I think you then like the more dark and eerie Sunn O))) sound, so I'd recommend checking out The Grimrobe Demos (the "debut") and ØØ Void if you haven't yet.
----

~ II. VII
08.07.2015 - 21:33
no one
Account deleted
Yeah i liked grim robe as well, will check out the void one. Everyone seemed to like that one with Boris but i didn't enjoy that at all
09.07.2015 - 19:50
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 08.07.2015 at 00:15

The closest thing to Black One is probably the first two tracks of Flight of the Behemoth, "Mocking Solemnity" and "Death Becomes You" (they flow into eachother, so don't listen to one without listening to the other, haha). The last few tracks of that album are quite different, so I'm not sure if you'll like those at all, but those first two are pretty dark and evil.
----
11.07.2015 - 13:11
Grind Magus
Weak Cunt
Fuck yes, so hyped for a new Sunn O))) album.
The teaser sounds promisingly grim as well.

Hits total: 1848 | This month: 3