Metal Storm logo
Obituary Best Album

Original post

Posted by Cut-Throat, 03.03.2007 - 15:34
Which album is the best and why? and if your just gonna say " i aint really a fan they suck" then why did you bother coming into this topic?

My Personal Favourite Is Cause Of Death Because of the classic Morrisound production, it has James Murphy On Lead Guitar and the songs are longer than on any other album! oh yeah and because its very heavy!

Poll

What is your Favourite album by Obituary and why?

Cause Of Death
Slowly We Rot
World Demise
The End Complete
Frozen In Time
Back From The Dead

Total votes: 105
07.09.2008 - 09:23
Timelord
I went with Cause of Death. I saw them open for Sacred Reich on this tour. A very brutal record. You can hear the Celtic Frost influence big time. They even did a CF cover of Circle of the Tyrants.
07.09.2008 - 14:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Timelord on 07.09.2008 at 09:23

I went with Cause of Death. I saw them open for Sacred Reich on this tour. A very brutal record. You can hear the Celtic Frost influence big time. They even did a CF cover of Circle of the Tyrants.

That's exactly why Cause of Death isn't my favorite - the best song on that album is a cover song. I prefer Slowly We Rot or The End Complete any day over Cause of Death, even though it's still a great record.
08.09.2008 - 21:19
Richard
Elite
The End Complete sounds somehow darker than the other albums, which is even reflected in the bandphoto (Trevor Peres looks well creepy!) With songs like Dead Silence and In The End of Life, the slower tempos are used to great morbid effect as well - and I always thought Obituary were at their best when playing slow to midtempo, it sounds more sinister.
----
17.12.2008 - 06:06
World Demise Because .. it's the album wich have the bests riffs in Obituary in my opinion and the drum sounds impressive .. definitively .. World Demise rules .. maybe some people will say that's not the best but tastes got to be different to made a world
17.12.2008 - 16:17
Metal_Militia
Written by XAV_METALOGIST on 17.12.2008 at 06:06

World Demise Because .. it's the album wich have the bests riffs in Obituary in my opinion and the drum sounds impressive .. definitively .. World Demise rules .. maybe some people will say that's not the best but tastes got to be different to made a world

//What he said //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

04.04.2009 - 01:59
TormentoR.
Cause Of Death
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
11.05.2009 - 19:05
symbolic727
Cause of Death not even a thought for me this is one of the all time greatest death metal albums of all time.
05.12.2009 - 06:55
SatyriconChick
I'm kind of stuck between Cause of Death and The End Complete. Both of those are awesome. I'm leaning a bit more toward TEC because that was the most recent album when I first saw them live, and they KICKED ALL ASS!
15.11.2010 - 15:56
JD
Account deleted
World Demise
15.11.2010 - 16:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really love "World Demise", but I dont think much of "Back From The Dead" aside from its first 2 songs. Anyways, my fave is ""Cause Of Death". xD
18.11.2010 - 22:58
Malphas
My fav is Cause Of Death, cause it's imo their most creative album with the catchiest songs
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
17.05.2011 - 00:21
Ghostdancer
Slowly We Rot...it's a f*cking classic!
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
26.07.2013 - 12:17
Cause of Death is awesome. It's the only Obituary album in my collection. I wasn't really impressed by the others.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.07.2013 - 19:50
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
I only listened to the first two and that was 20 years ago, lol.
----
rekt
04.07.2014 - 12:52
Yossarian
It is all. All of them. All of fucking them are fantastic. I voted "back from the dead" cos I am afraid that if one obituary album does not receive a vote in a query, Chuck Norris could do something to us...LOL
16.06.2023 - 06:48
Cause of Death.