Metal Storm logo
Obituary Best Album

Poll

What is your Favourite album by Obituary and why?

Cause Of Death
Slowly We Rot
World Demise
The End Complete
Frozen In Time
Back From The Dead

Total votes: 105
03.03.2007 - 15:34
Cut-Throat

Which album is the best and why? and if your just gonna say " i aint really a fan they suck" then why did you bother coming into this topic?

My Personal Favourite Is Cause Of Death Because of the classic Morrisound production, it has James Murphy On Lead Guitar and the songs are longer than on any other album! oh yeah and because its very heavy!
03.03.2007 - 15:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm good poll and well its hard to chgoose because thay are only death metal band who has original sound how it was in 80ties even nowdays so I dunno whitch album i like best but I like all al are good so no voteing
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.03.2007 - 19:09
Mega-Slayer

I like all of their first three,but at times "End Complete" can be a bit boring,and "Slowly We Rot" definitley blew me away with its brutality and insane solos,then I heard "Cause Of Death".I still listen to it on a regular basis,I bought it,what 8 months ago,definitley the ultimate death metal album,should be in everyone's top 10 lists.Hearing James Murphy's solos totally mesmerized me,brought so much melody and talent to Obituary,"Chopped In Half","Dying" and "Turned Inside Out" have the craziest soloing on the album and are the best cuts.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
04.03.2007 - 03:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
After thinking about it for a little bit, Slowly We Rot came on top. Cause of Death is really good, but Allan West wasn't on that album and I think that explains why their almost punkish sound was a gone. Slowly We Rot is their fastest and the guitar-work alone is reason enough for me to prefer it.
05.03.2007 - 07:24
Eternal Flames

For me their best was Cause Of Death. It's just got some great aggressive riffs, with still a rather melodic touch to some of them and some really brutal drumming. It's got some fucking great songs on there particularly Chopped In Half, Find The Arise, Memories Remain etc. It's just one amazing album. Their cover of Circle Of The Tyrants is incredible. And last of all John Tardy's vocals is what makes this album so memorable for me. It really adds a nice atmosphere to the music.
19.03.2007 - 04:51
Thrash666

Slowly We Rot is fuckin amazing!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
19.03.2007 - 08:50
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I'm a complete Cause Of Death addict! I just love that album inside out. The opening of Chopped In Half gives me the shivers
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
20.03.2007 - 00:17
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I love the first three albums, but my vote definitely goes to Cause Of Death, because the solos by James Murphy are so melodic and intense. Donald Tardy is a very underrated drummed and his style is unique and the double bass is really well done. Also, the songs just seem more well-crafted than on any other album and John Tardy sounds like he's spewing his guts out on this release.
05.04.2007 - 22:24
wreath
Account deleted
well, i'll vote for cause of death too.it is the greatest obituary album from my point of view.the reasons why i pick this one have already been mentioned here.the songs on this album go to the bone if u know what i mean.slowly we rot is the next on my list.it's curious anyway that only these 2 albums have been voted until now, since the other albums are very good too
05.04.2007 - 22:33
Robstar

I must say Cause of Death ... great stuff .. well all their albums are good , but I like this one the most.
----
Nothing is unreacheable
04.06.2007 - 15:12
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Slowly we rot and cause of death were both awesome albums. James Murphy gave them an edge they didn't have before and still dont have to this day. Still they are a good catchy band.
06.06.2007 - 09:37
graywolf87
Account deleted
Cause of Death...that's a mind destroyer and eternal Death/Thrash Classic
12.06.2007 - 06:10
Nazeef

It's all about being Old School, oh yeah Old School!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
16.06.2007 - 21:02
Infurnace

Obituary! A really great band. I love them, because they are Old School. I guess my favorite album is "Cause Of Death", because it's really Old School, and I love the sound. But I have to say "Frozen In Time" also is really great.
14.07.2007 - 19:12
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
My vote goes for Cause of Death simply because they had the Death's ex guitarrist james murphy on those times. His fast and beautiful guitar works works amazingly well with obituary's grim death metal sounds. I also consider Slowly We Rot and Frozen in Time worth listening . . . and of course all the rest.

Still waiting the release of Xecutioners return. At least theres a kickass album cover with dragons and stuff
04.11.2007 - 03:56
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
any true oldschool DM fan has gotta go with Slowly We Rot....Cause of Death is damn good though.
13.01.2008 - 21:45
Son of Odin

Cause of death!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
13.01.2008 - 22:00
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
Slowly We Rot is my fav., but Cause Of Death is their best imo. Though they didn't mention james murphy as a song-writter on that album, I bet my ass he wrote most of the riffs, they remind me extremely on death shall rise from cancer, who also featured james murphy. Anyway, the riffs on Cause Of Death are just fucking brilliant, this album is timeless.
13.01.2008 - 23:22
Olli

Slowly We Rot is my personal favorite, the first Obituary album I got as well. Great album
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
14.01.2008 - 15:25
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Slowly We Rot. Like a lot of debut albums you can really feel the energy of the band on that one, the title track is awesome and the production is fucking raw as hell, the way it should be! Cause Of Death is the next best for me, followed by The End Complete.
15.01.2008 - 20:50
ylside

I absolutly love the first 3 albums. Weird that no one voted The End Complete, which I find very good actually.
16.01.2008 - 00:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by ylside on 15.01.2008 at 20:50

I absolutly love the first 3 albums. Weird that no one voted The End Complete, which I find very good actually.

well, it got my vote. i love the first three (all their albums are decent), but that's the one that really fully caught with me. i love the drum groove and the build up a couple tracks.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.03.2008 - 18:02
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Slowly We Rot because its a classic for its time and it does'nt get enough recognition.. Its Thrashy and raw.
30.06.2008 - 22:35
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I voted Slowly We Rot, followed by Cause Of Death.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
05.07.2008 - 18:58
Candlemass
Defaeco
Cause Of Death.
Modern death metal!
07.07.2008 - 07:13
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
cause of death, just so powerful, riffs are amazing, just a classic death metal album!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
10.07.2008 - 00:33
pdepmcp

The End Complete is my fav record in their "past life", even if slowly and cause are very good too. even world demise is still interesting, indeed.

their reunion is meaningless and so are their new records...and I think it's probably money-driven
01.08.2008 - 06:05
Trinstar

Slowly We Rot! Hands down. Loud, fast, mean, and brutal to say the least. Is it true that there are actually no lyrics for this album? I heard a rumor from someone who was heavily involved in the Florida death metal scene that these guys didn't even write lyrics but for one or two songs on this album. It would definitely not surprise me if this was the case! Anyway, Slowly We Rot wins!
----
Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal, proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
There's magic in the metal; there's magic is us all
03.09.2008 - 00:05
astrozombie

i am all about the casue of death album it keeps the grooves metal while have good lyrics haha. i mean cant go wrong with choped in half and dying!!!! that album made obituary my fav death metal band by far. at least american one.
03.09.2008 - 01:54
Sorg
Account deleted
Cause of Death is up there with all the old school Florida Death metal classics.