Metal Storm logo
Black metal bands that never became well-known

Original post

Posted by , 22.05.2006 - 01:52
I am looking for black metal bands in the 90s that didn't get well known but they were awesome.I don't mean bands like Darkthrone or Mayhem but for bands that never became famous in black metal.
30.04.2007 - 02:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 30.04.2007 at 01:42

For more melodic Black Metal: Woods of Ypres is grand

Are you joking wright thay are in MS and how can thay be not well know
IMO thay are and will be know band in metal soceity seems in nowdays tahya re more known how Ancient(Nor) or Fimbulwinter, or Crimson Moon(US) band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.04.2007 - 10:59
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 13.06.2006 at 10:17

Maybe they are more well known then your avarege underground BM band, but try Blut Aus Nord (The Work Wich Transforms God), Crystalium (De Aeternitate Commando), and for fun check out the bands from LLN, although I doubt that anyone likes these bands.

Blut Aus Nord are a pretty good band mixing elements of industrial and ambient into BM, but they are fairly well known (for being on Candlelight records for one), anyway on the topic i'm actually extremely surprised that noone mentioned the utterly awesome Tsjuder, they were formed in the early 90's (and their from Norway), but never got the recognition they deserved, IMO they are better than most of the early 90's bands in terms of style and musicianship, and they still retain that certain sound from the 90's, even now anyway more to how they sound they play old school Norwegian Black Metal (as if you hadn't already guessed)but the albums have a live feel to them, don't be put off by the style they play, it's probably the best example of this style, the only downside is that they split up recently (in 2006).
30.04.2007 - 11:13
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 30.04.2007 at 10:59

anyway on the topic i'm actually extremely surprised that noone mentioned the utterly awesome Tsjuder, they were formed in the early 90's (and their from Norway), but never got the recognition they deserved, IMO they are better than most of the early 90's bands in terms of style and musicianship, and they still retain that certain sound from the 90's, even now anyway more to how they sound they play old school Norwegian Black Metal (as if you hadn't already guessed)but the albums have a live feel to them, don't be put off by the style they play, it's probably the best example of this style, the only downside is that they split up recently (in 2006).

tsjuder got too much atention as it is. they are nothing more than immortal clones; they don't bring anything new, hell, they don't really bring anything. the music is done carelessly, a washing mashine has more emotions.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.04.2007 - 12:46
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 30.04.2007 at 11:13

Written by Guest on 30.04.2007 at 10:59

anyway on the topic i'm actually extremely surprised that noone mentioned the utterly awesome Tsjuder, they were formed in the early 90's (and their from Norway), but never got the recognition they deserved, IMO they are better than most of the early 90's bands in terms of style and musicianship, and they still retain that certain sound from the 90's, even now anyway more to how they sound they play old school Norwegian Black Metal (as if you hadn't already guessed)but the albums have a live feel to them, don't be put off by the style they play, it's probably the best example of this style, the only downside is that they split up recently (in 2006).

tsjuder got too much atention as it is. they are nothing more than immortal clones; they don't bring anything new, hell, they don't really bring anything. the music is done carelessly, a washing mashine has more emotions.

That's debateable, as for washing machines o-o I don't think so, I think they put a great deal of passion into their music.
30.04.2007 - 13:26
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Outbreak, released one demo but was an amazing one, I've only been able to hear one song ritual in blood.
08.05.2007 - 19:25
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Their is also a band I forgot to mention, (well two), both from the UK, Old Forest and Witch Clan (the latter is even harder to find anything by, in fact I've only ever seen them breifly described in a magazine a long time ago) and Old Forest (which album Into The Old Forest is ultra rare and I'm still tring to find a copy), but Old Forest (and some other UKBM bands can be found on this website, which also is a double CD compilation). http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cathy.hawkes/history.htm if you want to check it out
09.05.2007 - 16:23
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Coldhand is decent from slovenia... got there demo coldfield...

website is www.freewebs.com/coldhand666

Nocturnal pestis knows who im talkn bout
11.05.2007 - 07:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hembrom on 21.12.2006 at 08:55

we all know masters hammer , old is gold

Wow, I never wouldve guessed, over here whenever I say Masters Hammer everyone scratches there head or thinks Im making up band names. But thats interesting.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.07.2007 - 23:23
Hamird
Lieutenant
is there anybody heard about a band called DOZD? i searched in web but i didn't dind anything ... in metal-archives is a little overview about this band, but i haven't heard in other sites.
17.07.2007 - 20:20
Kurzag
Account deleted
If you are into depressive bm I will recommend Drowning The Light from Australia.
17.07.2007 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.07.2007 at 20:20

If you are into depressive bm I will recommend Drowning The Light from Australia.

But thay are know band, maybe I dont know hos thay sound sbut i know them because splitt ''Mutiilation / Drowning The Light / Satanic Warmaster''
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2007 - 11:03
Goat-Christ

The topic is bands that have a cult following I presume? I can give you names of current bands but there aren't many bands from the 90s that didn't achieve some form of recognition. Nachtmystium, Xasthur, Shining, Leviathan, The Legion, Enthroned, Semargl, Averse Sefirum, Bestial Mockery, Black Witchery, Tvangeste, Sin Origin, Judas Iscariot, Hate Forest, Deqathspell Omega etc.

Good luck.
19.11.2007 - 14:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Goat-Christ on 19.11.2007 at 11:03

The topic is bands that have a cult following I presume? I can give you names of current bands but there Xasthur, Shining, Leviathan, , Enthroned, Black Witchery, Tvangeste, Sin Origin, Judas Iscariot, \Omega etc.

Good luck.

Man thay are well kmow bands some of them are in MS and ewery body who read lil rewiews about BM knows them so how thay can be not well know?

This is unknown band http://www.myspace.com/wigridband but kick ass
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2007 - 14:52
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Guest on 17.07.2007 at 20:20

I presume this thread is about bands that have been around for a fair while. You can't complain about DTL not becoming well known when their first public release was only 13 months ago. They have some decent songs but are let down by the bad sound quality usually. The track on the split with Arkha Sva is a good example of how they should sound but that song itself isn't great.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
19.11.2007 - 15:26
Damnated
Churchburner

The topic is bands that have a cult following I presume? I can give you names of current bands but there aren't many bands from the 90s that didn't achieve some form of recognition. Nachtmystium, Xasthur, Shining, Leviathan, The Legion, Enthroned, Semargl, Averse Sefirum, Bestial Mockery, Black Witchery, Tvangeste, Sin Origin, Judas Iscariot, Hate Forest, Deqathspell Omega etc.

Good luck.

lol.. what aer theee bands? i have nevre have herad about day i like to woud listen to them. plsea help me.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.11.2007 - 15:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 19.11.2007 at 15:26

Good luck.

lol.. what aer theee bands? i have nevre have herad about day i like to woud listen to them. plsea help me.

I say same 3 unknow bands other WELL KNOW
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2007 - 16:21
son.of.burzum
Account deleted
anybody heard about a band called KAOTEON...its a great black metal band from lebanon...KAOTEON my fav leb band .. check www.myspace.com/kaoteon ... www.metalarchives.com/kaoteon..

KAOTEON (Kaotik Eon) began in 1998/9 as a one man band by Anthony Kaoteon (Kaos). About mid 2000, Walid (Wolflust) was summoned to do the vocals and different members were tried out afterwards but never lasted due to the lack of local talent or dedication.

KAOTEON started effective work in 2003 after losing hope in finding adequate members for the job so they dropped older composed material, and worked on the debut demo "Provenance of Hatred" which was recorded on january 2004 in a single take at a home made studio with sessionist drummer Riad doing just a couple of practices prior to the recording as he lived in france back then and on february 2004 the demo was released by several Labels/Distros all over the world which makes it the first demo to be released on international labels from this part of the world. Provenance of Hatred was a success and it found a lot of support in the underground scene.

The band worked with many drummers in 2005 some of which are Romain (ex- imperial sodomy, ex- Belef, Agressor (fra)) for 3 months but the guy left all his bands seeking different plans and Mikael (Kronos) which was a great fit, alas, he started a new job and things didn't work out at last...

Anyways, the band distributed a Promo CD-R in 2006 for their new fast and ripping single "Love Died (In Your Cunt)" which got a great feedback as well from old and new fans...

Nowadays, KAOTEON is working with a new drummer Ziad (Blaster) and has several songs composed of which 8 or nine titles will be compiled into a full length later this year.

KAOTEON::::"I despise a world which does not feel that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"

m sure guyz u ll like this band..
19.11.2007 - 16:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Anyone heard Diabolical Breed? I don't think they're well-known but they're pretty good.
----
19.11.2007 - 18:01
Ernis
狼獾
The Swedish group Siebenbürgen....they made some good stuff but they're unfortunately disbanded now...they were active for fairly long time if I remember correctly.....
19.11.2007 - 18:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ernis on 19.11.2007 at 18:01

The Swedish group Siebenbürgen....they made some good stuff but they're unfortunately disbanded now...they were active for fairly long time if I remember correctly.....

Wheren't they really popular in Germany?
----
19.11.2007 - 20:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2007 at 15:46

i was joking
----

19.11.2007 - 20:57
*ODEN*
Account deleted
are you sureee KAOTEON its a lebanese band?!?! fucking great music ... i like provenance of hatred...!!!
19.11.2007 - 20:59
Son.Of.BURZUM
Account deleted
he3he3 yea dude m sure m from libanon 2:D...u should visit libanon and see our fuckin great bands;)!
19.11.2007 - 21:41
Goat-Christ

Written by Bad English on 19.11.2007 at 15:46

Written by Damnated on 19.11.2007 at 15:26

Good luck.

Well known to followers of the Black Metal scene but if this person is looking for more shit to listen to they may not have heard of some of these bands. If they have then oh well. I was just trying to help out.
19.11.2007 - 21:57
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Goat-Christ on 19.11.2007 at 21:41

Well known to followers of the Black Metal scene but if this person is looking for more shit to listen to they may not have heard of some of these bands. If they have then oh well. I was just trying to help out.

he is searching for bands that played (and stopoed playing) in the 90s. the ones that were completely overlooked in the scene.
----

19.11.2007 - 22:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Yes brate thay start play again news about it was in MS
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2007 - 01:03
Damnated
Churchburner
a good band that never got real attention is the swedish Nåstrond. High quality occult black metal.
----

20.11.2007 - 01:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 20.11.2007 at 01:03

a good band that never got real attention is the swedish Nåstrond. High quality occult black metal.

I know them but there was one more good who strats whit beggining lette rof alfabet IMO B and all was in swedish, but I ost bouth demo
----

apos;'
[image]
23.11.2007 - 17:18
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Warman on 19.11.2007 at 18:31

I never lived in Germany therefore I dunno what was popular there...neither do I live in Sweden so I dunno which Swedish acts are popular in certain places....
23.11.2007 - 18:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ernis on 23.11.2007 at 17:18

Written by Warman on 19.11.2007 at 18:31

I never lived in Germany therefore I dunno what was popular there...neither do I live in Sweden so I dunno which Swedish acts are popular in certain places....

I'm pretty sure they're popular in Germany, but in other countries? No. For being a swedish band they're not really well-known here. They should be though.
----