Metal Storm logo
W.A.S.P. - Part Ways With Drummer, Reveal Album Details

W.A.S.P. long-time drummer, Mike Dupke, has posted a message on his Facebook page stating that he is no longer in the band and that they are, at least apparently in good terms. He has been W.A.S.P.'s drummer since 2006, and now his nine year stint has ended. W.A.S.P. have yet to name a replacement. W.A.S.P. are gearing up to release a new album titled Golgotha this October 2nd and the details like cover artwork and tracklist have just been revealed as well.

Photography: Chris Swanger

The message posted on Facebook: "Ladies and Gentlemen: I am no longer with W.A.S.P.. I would like to wish the guys in the band all the best in the future. I must also send thanks out to all the W.A.S.P. fans who welcomed me with open arms. You all rock! I would also like to add that I am now available to join, work, and tour with any new prospective artists or bands."

Frontman Blackie Lawless on the new album Golgotha: "There are times in any band's career that somehow all things mesh together. Their experiences, influences, and personal timing bring them into a common space. This has happened with this record. Four years in the making has provided direction, but even greater reflection. Golgotha, where Christ was crucified - Hebrew for 'the place of the skull'."

Tracklist:
01. Scream
02. Last Runaway
03. Shotgun
04. Miss You
05. Fallen Under
06. Slaves Of The New World Order
07. Eyes Of My Maker
08. Hero Of The World
09. Golgotha

[Also thanks to Bad English for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: W.A.S.P.
Posted: 14.07.2015 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 73 users
14.07.2015 - 17:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, even I donbt care but I hope gig in Luleå wont be canceled not so much time left to fill new one.
Last time I ever buy any ticket to pre sail,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.07.2015 - 22:07
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I never really character of this aging born-again christians but I would so be greatful to them if they would just tone down their new found religious symbolism... The cover is not horendous, but the crosses do stick like a sore and geez... Eyes Of My Maker? You kiddin' me Blackie? Nevertheless, this band has rarely failed to deliver quality stuff so I hope that this imagery is backed up by some good quality music... Stryper is one thing, but even they do not really stick it into your face.
15.07.2015 - 23:39
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 14.07.2015 at 22:07

I never really character of this aging born-again christians but I would so be greatful to them if they would just tone down their new found religious symbolism... The cover is not horendous, but the crosses do stick like a sore and geez... Eyes Of My Maker? You kiddin' me Blackie? Nevertheless, this band has rarely failed to deliver quality stuff so I hope that this imagery is backed up by some good quality music... Stryper is one thing, but even they do not really stick it into your face.

I think we can guess who "Hero Of The World" is about
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
16.07.2015 - 10:48
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by RaduP on 15.07.2015 at 23:39

Yeah, quite obvious if you link it to his new found religious beliefs.
19.07.2015 - 20:45
qlacs
"The Quaker"
So nice that we are already stomping on the album yet all we have is the cover and the tracklist. I think the cover is badass
----
19.07.2015 - 21:00
Lord_Regnier

The artwork reminds me of "The Graveyard", by King Diamond, though less good, imo.
Anyway, I prefer by far King Diamond to W.A.S.P.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.07.2015 - 23:21
Andreas

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 16.07.2015 at 10:48

Written by RaduP on 15.07.2015 at 23:39

Yeah, quite obvious if you link it to his new found religious beliefs.

I actually like it

Hits total: 1758 | This month: 13