Show No Mercy16
God Hates Us All11
Other5
Haunting The Chapel3
Christ Illusion1

Total votes: 277

The original post

Posted by on 04.03.2007 at 10:57
Hey guys, I made this poll because i'm a pretty big Slayer fan and I just wanted to know what their most appreciated album is. Personally I liked Reign in Blood the most because of its wicked fast speed and drumming, a close runner up would've been Show No Mercy for the same reasons. I know I left out a couple of albums but I'm sure we can all agree that I got their best works over all, and if I missed one that you personnally liked just vote "other". Just say which album you liked best by Slayer and give a little explanation to why you liked it. Also if you feel the need to bash one of the albums do it respectfuly and state why you don't like it in a polite way.

Page 5 of 5

SuicidalCyco
No Mercy

23.12.2012 at 10:10
I would say Divine Intervention or Hell Awaits. Dittohead is one of my favorite Slayer songs. There isnt a bad song on that album either. Hell Awaits is killer as well. That album sounds so raw and evil almost.
----
The sun may never set on the British empire, but it never sets on my asshole either.
D

27.12.2012 at 02:34
I went for seasons in the abyss...

Means alot to me that album!

Plus it is tottaly killer! One of those you can listen to from begining to end...
Dentura
Shadow King

29.12.2012 at 06:47
Hell Awaits for me. The title track of that album basically changed my life into becoming a more extreme metal listener. I don't listen to Slayer much now, but this album definitely left an impact on me.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
mojo

03.01.2013 at 02:55
I think "their best" is Reign in Blood - it's the quintessence of Slayer, of Thrash Metal in fact. Still stands up against the best material by the best new bands, probably always will.

"My favourite" though is Hell Awaits. It was a formative album for me, and the first Slayer album I heard, at the age of 14 when I was first getting into metal and at the time it was their latest album. The way the album / opening song / title track builds still sends a shiver down my spine. I think some of KK and JH's guitar work on this album is the best they've ever done. And this is the album where the prototype of the "Reign in Blood" and "South of Heaven" riffs can be found ("At Dawn They Sleep").

Oh yeah and Jesus knows your soul cannot be saved, hehehe...
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
Metalandy92

04.01.2013 at 10:44
Reign in Blood,Show no mercy and Seasons in the abyss is some of their best in my opinion.
Enemy of Reality

11.01.2013 at 17:25
Hell Awaits definetly, ok Reign in Blood has Angel of Death, but that felling on HA is unique.
Seita
Account deleted
  05.02.2013 at 02:58
Written by Enemy of Reality on 11.01.2013 at 17:25

Hell Awaits definetly, ok Reign in Blood has Angel of Death, but that felling on HA is unique.

Agreed, Hell Awaits truly has a hellish, infernal atmosphere that has never been replicated or matched elsewhere. The songwriting is actually very progressive and the arrangements/compositions are pretty non-linear and compelling.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.