Metal Storm logo
Would like some suggestions

04.03.2007 - 23:01
DarkFallenAngel
Account deleted
I have herd of Nightwish for a long time but i haven't run into any other bands that are really like them, if would be awsome if anyone could give me a few band suggestions, I really like power metal! thanks everyone.
05.03.2007 - 01:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.03.2007 at 23:01

I have herd of Nightwish for a long time but i haven't run into any other bands that are really like them, if would be awsome if anyone could give me a few band suggestions, I really like power metal! thanks everyone.

Hi well I wont post bands I give a links, because there are a lot of good posts

POWER

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2177

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1637

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=585

Gothic

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4584

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=5061

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3615

In those treads you will find info about bands and names so Its beter hwo post all for new
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2007 - 06:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well, good power would be bands like:
Hammerfall
Stratovarious
Rhapsody of fire
Blind Guardian
Three Inches of Blood
Iced Earth
(Early) Manowar
Virgin Steele
and I suppose Dragonforce.

But Nightwish is really more in the symphonic area, so maby you would dig some Therion.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.03.2007 - 10:34
marillionfan
Account deleted

you could try Edenbridge, Epica, Magica, Lacuna Coil and After Forever. IMHO.
05.03.2007 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arian Totalis on 05.03.2007 at 06:43

Hammerfall
Stratovarious
Rhapsody of fire
Blind Guardian
Three Inches of Blood
Iced Earth
(Early) Manowar
Virgin Steele

But Nightwish is really more in the symphonic area, so maby you would dig some Therion.

Manowar, Iced Earth ist Nigwish Halekijahhhhhhhhhhhh man its thrash metal and where are Nighwish style music in Iced Earth
----

apos;'
[image]
05.03.2007 - 14:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well, I am not some big fan of this music but my sister is so... she listen to this...

Arwen, For My Pain, Darkwell, The Lovecrave, To/Die/For, London After Midnight, Lake Of Tears, Vision Divine, Bella Morte, Dark Moor, Butterfly Temple, Arkona, Arcana, Abonos, Six Degrees Of Separation, Helloween, Consecration, Demether, Beautiful SinSisters Of Mercy, Theatres Des Vampires...

Some of these bands are awesome but some of them are...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.03.2007 - 17:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 05.03.2007 at 14:05

Hammerfall
Stratovarious
Rhapsody of fire
Blind Guardian
Three Inches of Blood
Iced Earth
(Early) Manowar
Virgin Steele

Manowar, Iced Earth ist Nigwish Halekijahhhhhhhhhhhh man its thrash metal and where are Nighwish style music in Iced Earth

Well Iced earth may be considered thrash by some, but I've always known them to be classified as North american Power metal. I never even heard of Manowar being considered Thrash.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.03.2007 - 20:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arian Totalis on 05.03.2007 at 17:52

Hammerfall
Stratovarious
Rhapsody of fire
Blind Guardian
Three Inches of Blood
Iced Earth
(Early) Manowar
Virgin Steele

Well Iced earth may be considered thrash by some, but I've always known them to be classified as North american Power metal. I never even heard of Manowar being considered Thrash.

Iced Earht man its power/thrash/heavy something and thay sound smore to Slayer satyle how Nigwish but Manowar I didnt say thay are thrash
----

apos;'
[image]
05.03.2007 - 21:24
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Guest on 05.03.2007 at 10:34

you could try Edenbridge, Epica, Magica, Lacuna Coil and After Forever. IMHO.

Oh yes that is some exellent suggestions. May I add Leaves' Eyes, Darkwell and perhaps Within Temptation, I know they're not power metal, but you might like them anyway. And besides that I wouldn't call Edenbridge and Leaves' Eyes power either
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.03.2007 - 17:28
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I strongly recommend Aina and Stratovarious. Don't listen to Children of boredom, they aren't as good as the bands mentioned above, I wonder how the band has so many fans here in MS
----
that which shines without names and forms...
08.03.2007 - 10:36
marillionfan
Account deleted
I've just discovered a very good project with female vocals ( some of you may already know it anyway) - Stream of Passion, led by A.A. Luckassen of Ayeron.(I hope I spelled his name right). Highly recommended!
11.03.2007 - 21:50
DarkFallenAngel
Account deleted
thanks everyone who gave me some suggestions youve all been great! there are some great bands ive checked out. After Forever and Lacuna Coil are definitly awsome. thanks again everyone!!:D
14.03.2007 - 01:14
Devong
Account deleted
therion an kamelot
14.03.2007 - 01:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Paganblood on 07.03.2007 at 17:28

I strongly recommend Aina and Stratovarious. Don't listen to Children of boredom, they aren't as good as the bands mentioned above, I wonder how the band has so many fans here in MS

But CoB dont counts in this cathegory it dont means thay had splitt whit Nightwish and Thy Serpent ist simmilar to Nightwish
That splitt calls 'The Carpenter'
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2007 - 11:48
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Bad English on 14.03.2007 at 01:47

Written by Paganblood on 07.03.2007 at 17:28

But CoB dont counts in this cathegory it dont means thay had splitt whit Nightwish and Thy Serpent ist simmilar to Nightwish
That splitt calls 'The Carpenter'

Yes, CoB doesn't fall in this catagory but what I meant to say was that if you want to listen to power metal, don't listen to CoB because this band is not much good as compared to other power metal bands like the ones I mentioned.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
05.04.2007 - 08:48
Danny Thomas

Hammerfall
Stratovarious
Rhapsody of fire
Blind Guardian
Three Inches of Blood
Iced Earth
(Early) Manowar
Virgin Steele

you know i hear a lot of people say that, and i always thought it was just slightly more modern heavy metal. what about it makes it power? i know i'm going to feel dumb after you answer this : P
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
05.04.2007 - 11:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
Anyone mentioned EdGuy, Dream Evil, Arwen, Darkwell, Dark Moor, Folkearth...
Some bands are not power metal but in some way similar, so it would be good to meet other genres of metal through similar bands...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.04.2007 - 19:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Danny Thomas on 05.04.2007 at 08:48

you know i hear a lot of people say that, and i always thought it was just slightly more modern heavy metal. what about it makes it power? i know i'm going to feel dumb after you answer this : P

Well, actually I would say that you're right. But Manowar is just one of those bands that have a fan base who consider them to be parts of two different subgenres, but even so, In my mind I classify them more as power metal, it's cool if you would call them more heavy.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.04.2007 - 20:43
Danny Thomas
works for me, thanks for clearing things up
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
05.04.2007 - 23:53
necrovamp
Im surprised no ones said within temptation, they are the misisng like between lacuna coil and Nightwish, they have the symphonic bit but the metalness of lacuna coil - i think anyway, you could aslo try Sinergy, heavy power with female vocals they are good, or octavia sperati, if you can find their album!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
12.09.2009 - 11:54
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Glad someone made this thread cause I need help. I've always been into vampires, Werewolves and stuff like that( Not like Twilight, more like Anne Rice) and I wanted to know if there are any bands out there that have written music about Vampire's/Werewolves (aside from Bark at The Moon) or just songs about the topic, preferably Power metal Please
12.09.2009 - 12:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Nighthowls on 12.09.2009 at 11:54

Glad someone made this thread cause I need help. I've always been into vampires, Werewolves and stuff like that( Not like Twilight, more like Anne Rice) and I wanted to know if there are any bands out there that have written music about Vampire's/Werewolves (aside from Bark at The Moon) or just songs about the topic, preferably Power metal Please

Iced Earth - Dracula, Wolf(very kickass and epic tune), also listen to Burnt Offerings(the song), you'll notice something in the intro

Mercyful Fate - Return of the Vampire (Mercyful Fate is pretty much Judas Priest combined with Maiden with satanic/horror lyrics and vocals and the occasional atmospheric songs/bits, not many about vampires or something but you can project what you want on them, for example the song Melissa could be interpreted as something like a vampire weeping for his dead love, i don't really approve of the lyrics but the music is simply stunning)

also try King Diamond's stuff, they deal with horror and stuff like that.
12.09.2009 - 12:21
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Iced Earth - Dracula, Wolf(very kickass and epic tune), also listen to Burnt Offerings(the song), you'll notice something in the intro

Mercyful Fate - Return of the Vampire (Mercyful Fate is pretty much Judas Priest combined with Maiden with satanic/horror lyrics and vocals and the occasional atmospheric songs/bits, not many about vampires or something but you can project what you want on them, for example the song Melissa could be interpreted as something like a vampire weeping for his dead love, i don't really approve of the lyrics but the music is simply stunning)

Tight!!!!!!!! alright cool man thanks ALOT!!!! ( my face thanks to your recommendations) Moist and longing YES!!!!!!!
12.09.2009 - 23:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Sonata Arctica - Fullmoon

one of my first metal songs
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.09.2009 - 21:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Quote:
Written by Nighthowls on 12.09.2009 at 12:21

Tight!!!!!!!! alright cool man thanks ALOT!!!! ( my face thanks to your recommendations) Moist and longing YES!!!!!!!

glad you like them also these just came to mind right now:

Judas Priest - Love Bites, Nightcrawler(doesn't really say what it's about, could be interpreted as either a lycanthrope or a vampire)
Running Wild- Prowling Werewolf
14.09.2009 - 21:43
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
What about Bloodbound's Nosferatu?
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
28.09.2009 - 22:29
gocasaca

I don't think there are bands like Nightwish, honey.
All these bands people mentioned are more or less similar (heard them almost all), but none really like Nightwish. Tarja is irreplaceable.
But if you like it with Annete I guess you have already found something that fits your taste
28.09.2009 - 22:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The band closer to Nightwish is for me Visions Of Atlantis (album Cast Away namely)...then maybe Operatika a bit
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.09.2009 - 23:25
Abattoir
Staff
I was wondering, if anyone could suggest me any good listenable gothic/doom metal groups, possibly with male vocals (something similar to Saturnus)?
28.09.2009 - 23:35
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Abattoir on 28.09.2009 at 23:25

I was wondering, if anyone could suggest me any good listenable gothic/doom metal groups, possibly with male vocals (something similar to Saturnus)?

I listened to Isole's Silent Ruins and Mink's With Echoes in the Movement of Stone for the first time today, I enjoyed both, they are both different kinds of doom but both pretty good.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."