Metal Storm logo
Tarja - To Release Classical Solo Debut

Tarja, who is recording a new metal/rock album to follow Colours In The Dark, has also announced her first classical debut solo album. This September 11th, 2015 sees the release of Ave Maria - En Plein Air on earMUSIC. The album features 12 "Ave Maria" songs by a wide variety of composers. Tarja Turunen breathes life into some of the most loved and rare songs of Paolo Tosti, David Popper, Astor Piazzolla, and Johann Sebastian Bach/Charles Gounod, among others. The closing track of the album presents a composition by Tarja Turunen herself.

Ave Maria - En Plein Air was recorded in the stunning Lakeuden Risti Church in Seinäjoki, Finland.

Classical music was Tarja Turunen's first love. The classically trained soprano studied Church Music at Sibelius Academy in Finland as well as German Lied at the Music University of Karlsruhe, Germany. She became one of the most important female voices of metal: first as part of multi-million selling symphonic metal band Nightwish and later with her successful solo career. Tarja Turunen has always crossed genres and musical cultures, showing a wide versatility with projects such as "Tarja Turunen & Harus" and "Beauty & The Beat"; Harus being a mix of traditional and modern pieces whereas "Beauty & The Beat" created an interface between classical and rock music, arranged with orchestra and choir.

This December, Tarja Turunen will introduce her favourite "Ave Maria's" as well as her most beloved Christmas carols on tour:

04.12. - Olomouc - Kostel Panny Marie Sně?né (CZE)
10.12. - Berlin - Passionskirche (GER)
11.12. - Bochum - Christuskirche (GER)
12.12. - Bielefeld - Altstädter Nikolaikirche (GER)
14.12. - Magdeburg - Johanniskirche (GER)
15.12. - Mainz - Frankfurter Hof (GER)
16.12. - Zurich - Theater Spirgarten (SUI)
27.12. - Moscow - The Great Hall of Moscow State Conservatory (RUS)
Ave Maria Joulukonsertti 2015:
21.12. - Tampere - Kalevan kirkko (FIN)
22.12. - Helsinki - Kallion kirkko (FIN)

Tracklist:
1. Paolo Tosti
2. Axel von Kothen
3. David Popper
4. Camille Saint-Saëns
5. Astor Piazzolla
6. J. S. Bach / Charles Gounod
7. Pietro Mascagni
8. Ferenc Farkas
9. Giulio Caccini
10. Michael Hoppé
11. Charles-Marie Widor
12. Tarja Turunen

Source: ear-music.net
Band profile: Tarja
Posted: 27.07.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 61 users
27.07.2015 - 17:37
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Her debut solo album was very classical sounding, which is why I like it so much. All of her albums since then have sounded like they're just trying to be Nightwish clones, unfortunately.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
28.07.2015 - 07:09
moribun

I was expecting the whole time of the "trailer" to catch a glimpse of her voice, but no. I would have been much more excited but still.

Hits total: 2213 | This month: 5