Metal Storm logo
Trivium - Announce New Album, Release New Video

Orlando-based Trivium have just announced their upcoming new full-length album, Silence In The Snow, and with it, they released a music video for its title track, that can be watched below. The album is set to be released on October 2nd, 2015 via Roadrunner Records, their long lasting label.

Vocalist/guitarist Matt Heafy said of the song on Facebook: "Hey pals! I'm so stoked this is out! For those of you wondering - this song was written for Shogun, and is basically almost the same as it was, so Shogun fans rejoice; didn't like Shogun? You may not dig this. But know that since I was 12 I wanted to be a great singer, I screamed because I couldn't sing. I am proud and excited to finally be able to do what I love the way I love. Don't love it? Our old stuff still exists. Love it? Awesome. I love both sides of you all regardless."

In a refreshing change of styles, it seems that Trivium went for a more traditional metal style. What do you think?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Trivium
Posted: 30.07.2015 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 160 users
30.07.2015 - 18:29
Lord_Agony
It's been a time since they've made something worth listening to. But I think I like this one
30.07.2015 - 18:32
Sword_Chant
Song is pretty good but underwhelming compared to their earlier works, maybe it'll be a grower. Video is OK not much more to say. My biggest gripe is I have no idea what they were thinking with the album cover, it's got to be their worst album cover ever.
30.07.2015 - 19:20
DeathSlyzer
Written by Sword_Chant on 30.07.2015 at 18:32

Song is pretty good but underwhelming compared to their earlier works, maybe it'll be a grower. Video is OK not much more to say. My biggest gripe is I have no idea what they were thinking with the album cover, it's got to be their worst album cover ever.

Wow wow... Hold on. That's the album cover? I thought that was just some random picture posted below the video for no particular reason. Damn... That's not good.

Agree a 100% on the song, though.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
30.07.2015 - 19:25
Sword_Chant
Written by DeathSlyzer on 30.07.2015 at 19:20

Wow wow... Hold on. That's the album cover? I thought that was just some random picture posted below the video for no particular reason. Damn... That's not good.

Well i'm not sure if this is just the cover for just the song itself or a cover for the whole album... Let's hope it's just artwork for the song.
30.07.2015 - 20:33
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Shogun is actually my fav Trivium album and i like this song, but aesthetically this is crappy as hell!
30.07.2015 - 20:53
schlakt
Written by Sword_Chant on 30.07.2015 at 19:25

Written by DeathSlyzer on 30.07.2015 at 19:20

Well i'm not sure if this is just the cover for just the song itself or a cover for the whole album... Let's hope it's just artwork for the song.

Yeah that is definitly just the single artwork
30.07.2015 - 21:17
Uldreth
I don't know what to think of the track, I guess I don't mind it, but Matt's clean vocals improved immensely when compared to their old stuff o.O .
30.07.2015 - 22:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like album artwork a lot , but same time this is one band what I like what is not so-called ''trOO'' metal , genres don't fits in that category, but I like it , like a lot
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.07.2015 - 00:49
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Meh...not terrible.
31.07.2015 - 01:23
DeathSlyzer
Written by Bad English on 30.07.2015 at 22:08

I like album artwork a lot , but same time this is one band what I like what is not so-called ''trOO'' metal , genres don't fits in that category, but I like it , like a lot

It doesn't matter at all if it's "tr00" or not. As long as you like it or not, that's the important thing.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
31.07.2015 - 01:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DeathSlyzer on 31.07.2015 at 01:23

It doesn't matter at all if it's "tr00" or not. As long as you like it or not, that's the important thing.

I know, I know this band because of music vids.. and I like it, I often judge only after listening
----

apos;'
[image]
31.07.2015 - 07:24
UPDIRNS
OK song, a little too tame for me. I want more emotion and aggression. It's lacks in both areas IMO. I really like Trivium too. If this is the album cover I won't buy the CD. I'll buy the album on iTunes instead. That would be a shitty album cover.
31.07.2015 - 12:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 31.07.2015 at 07:57

this is one band what I like what is not so-called ''trOO'' metal , genres don't fits in that category,

This is about a "tr00" metal as you can get. It's extremely conventional heavy metal for the most part. If it came out of Europe it'd be dumped into the Power Metal category.

Genre labels , definition don't say so ... in some way band to me sounds like Metallica Nr 2
----

apos;'
[image]
06.08.2015 - 18:56
Eternity'sChild
Wow, very unexpected single. Interesting, but in the end it doesn't leave a lot of impact on me. Still, it makes me want to listen to the full album.

And how the hell are people still comparing them to Metallica? To me, nothing before and after The Crusade sounded just in the slightest like Metallica...
07.08.2015 - 09:54
Kais
I was throwing it in the Dio/Dargonforce/Hammerfall direction, to be honest.
07.08.2015 - 17:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 07.08.2015 at 01:51

This particular song sounds nothing like Metallica. Their first couple of releases definitely don't sound like Metallica.

No idea about last few albums coz I either didn't hear them or can't remember them.

to me does, some image and video thing
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 3437 | This month: 7