Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - To Play 'Gothic' In Full At Roadburn 2016

The first names that will perform at Roadburn 2016 have been announced. Fans of Paradise Lost rejoice because the band will headline Roadburn Festival 2016 on the 14th of April 2016 playing their influential second album, Gothic, in celebration of its 25th anniversary. The band will play their masterpiece from start to finish, alongside tracks from their latest album, The Plague Within. But there is more to be expected as Cathedral's Lee Dorrian will curate Roadburn 2016 with his Rituals Of The Blind Dead Parts 1 & 2 and futhermore, Roadburn 2016 will host Neurosis' 30th anniversary celebrations.

Paradise Lost's Nick Holmes commented: "As a young band we spent a good deal of time in the early 90's driving around Holland in a small transit van, living off chips with mayonnaise, drinking chocomel and playing stuff from this album. Gothic totally reminds me of those days, so if we were ever going to play the album in its entirety in 2016, it has to be in Holland, and where better than the Roadburn festival!"

For the first time, Roadburn's curator will take charge over two days - partly to keep things fresh and innovative, and partly because the physical layout of the 013 venue will be slightly different next year. Lee will curate the Main Stage on Friday 15 April 2016, before moving across to the iconic Het Patronaat venue on Saturday 16 April - this will give him greater flexibility to invite bands of differing levels, and to create a vibe that suits each space. As curator, Lee will personally selected the bands for his special Roadburn events, named Rituals For The Blind Dead Pt.1 & Pt.2.

Lee commented: "I feel very honoured to be handed this prestigious task to curate Roadburn 2016. Having been involved with Walter on a personal level for many years now, I always felt like part of the family, as opposed to being someone on the outside. So, with that in mind, I was both shocked and excited when he asked me to take on this fantastic opportunity. I promise to make this an event that no-one will forget, and I'm already frothing at the potential of possibilities available! It's a dream and one that I never expected. This is what I love, so I will not disappoint. Come and join us in this ritualistic nirvana of praise and offerings to the unholy Blind Dead. Templars Arise!"

Roadburn Festival also confirmed that Neurosis will celebrate their 30th anniversary at the 2016 edition of the festival. The iconic, California-based band have planned just two events to mark this career milestone - one of which will be in San Francisco (March 4th & 5th at the Regency Ballroom), the other at Roadburn.

"To be invited to celebrate our 30th anniversary in Europe at Roadburn is an absolute honor. Roadburn is a treasured and unique event that embodies the spirit of open minded community and original, emotional heavy music. We are humbled to be a part of it again." - Neurosis, August 2015.

Neurosis will perform twice at Roadburn 2016 - as headliners on both Saturday 16 April, and on Sunday 17 April. The two sets will span the band's entire career.

Starting on Saturday night, and when closing the festival on Sunday night, Neurosis will delve into tracks from their entire discography - from debut release Pain Of Mind right through to 2012's Honor Found In Decay. Each set will be completely different, and each album will be explored, allowing the band and the audience alike to revisit various parts of the band's history.

Roadburn Festival takes place between 14-17 April 2016 at the 013 venue, in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Ticket announcements will follow in due course.

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 07.08.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 50 users
07.08.2015 - 18:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Che - are you swimming, flying , sailing, teleporting maybe driving if can cross Alaska-Kamchatka ice to this fest another time?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.08.2015 - 20:10
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Bad English on 07.08.2015 at 18:34

Che - are you swimming, flying , sailing, teleporting maybe driving if can cross Alaska-Kamchatka ice to this fest another time?

Working on my teleporting abilities at the moment, but yeah, if I don't have that fully developed by April, I guess I'll have to shell out the usual $1400 for a plane
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
08.08.2015 - 20:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.08.2015 at 20:10

Written by Bad English on 07.08.2015 at 18:34

Working on my teleporting abilities at the moment, but yeah, if I don't have that fully developed by April, I guess I'll have to shell out the usual $1400 for a plane

its expsive man ...I heard Norwegian will fly buy 6000 kroner to states, 600 euros aproxmetly , cheaper as others,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2764 | This month: 8